Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #1161
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
My future ex wife
Old 12-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #1162
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
It is these days. Admittedly I don't do that as much as I once used to but many years ago it wasn't uncommon to blow through a few thousand rounds in one of my Glocks in a weekend.
my first outing with my glock, my brother handed me a bucket of ammo. a big galvanized bucket of ammo. i was like, "is this all for me?"

my thumb got sore reloading. it was awesome. i have no clue how much was in there, but i shot for a long long time.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #1163
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
my first outing with my glock, my brother handed me a bucket of ammo. a big galvanized bucket of ammo. i was like, "is this all for me?"

my thumb got sore reloading. it was awesome. i have no clue how much was in there, but i shot for a long long time.
holy crap, that a lot of rounds through one gun.... most ive ever done was a brick of 500, and then had to stop because the last round i fired cooked itself off in the chamber scared the shit outta me too
Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #1164
lyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud of

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Pic of my Glock collection
Attached Thumbnails
Firearm BS thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #1165
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
we blew through about 400 in my AR last sat.. that was fun..
200ish in my 45 until the sight broke off..
200 in my 9mm
and unknown amounts through the 22 buckmark.

can anyone give some reccomendations for a high quality nightsight for my 1911?
Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #1166
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

My wife's bday present made the Feb '14 cover of "Guns" magazine:
Old 12-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #1167
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

sore thumbs?

uplula mag loader is the solution, I love mine, makes loading double stack magazines super easy

Old 12-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #1168
Resident Otaku
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
sore thumbs?

uplula mag loader is the solution, I love mine, makes loading double stack magazines super easy

where do i throw monies, i cant even load a .45 or 9mm magazine right now, the spring is too stiff after a few rounds
Old 12-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #1169
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^definitely worth every penny. My M&P springs are tough as well. Not quite as bad on the Taurus.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #1170
Resident Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
^^^^^definitely worth every penny. My M&P springs are tough as well. Not quite as bad on the Taurus.
i can load an M&P .22, that button makes it a snap, now on the EAA Witness i shoot, its a .45 and i can only get about 4 rounds in before the spring is too stiff, its pathetic but i really cant

Edit: also, anybody know where to get parts for said gun? it's shooting about 5 feet low, i think the barrel is bent as it has fixed sights.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #1171
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
bunch of girls in this thread. hahahaha
Old 12-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #1172
Resident Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
hey, i try, and i can it just takes me fucking forever, and my shooting buddies usually take the damn thing and do it for me lol
Old 12-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #1173
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post

Edit: also, anybody know where to get parts for said gun? it's shooting about 5 feet low, i think the barrel is bent as it has fixed sights.
That's doubtful, but I'm no expert. Are you sure you're not jerking the trigger, anticipating recoil. You should let someone else shoot it.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #1174
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
That's doubtful, but I'm no expert. Are you sure you're not jerking the trigger, anticipating recoil. You should let someone else shoot it.
^^ i bet your pulling it, i highly doubt your barrel is bent.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #1175
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
where do i throw monies, i cant even load a .45 or 9mm magazine right now, the spring is too stiff after a few rounds
Amazon or a local gun shop has them usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Saves time too, I can load mags in about 1/3 the time if not less
Old 12-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #1176
Resident Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
That's what I thought, but I shot an M&P .22 with no problems, that was my first thought is that it was me, shot another pistol, issue didn't occur. My dad has also shot the same pistol and it shot really low for him to.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #1177
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question about gun cleaning. How often should you clean it? Like, after a certain amount of rounds have been through it? Or is it a timely type cleaning. I usually just clean mine after every time I shoot them because I never know when I'm going to shoot them again. Just curious.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #1178
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I clean mine after every shoot, and lightly lube every ~250 rounds if we're gonna shoot alot.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #1179
Resident Otaku

Depends. usually after every session, except if im shooting competitions, then i clean it after the competition is over regardless of the round count
Old 12-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #1180

Depends on how many round, the gun, and the ammo.

I usually clean rifles when the accuracy starts to suffer.

I clean my tokarev every time I shoot it because I have corrosive ammo for it.

The rest of My hand guns get cleaned whenever they start to malfunction or I feel like it (usually I feel like cleaning it every few range trips). My carry gun gets cleaned more often because I want it as reliable as possible

Products Discussed in this Thread