Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Firearm BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #1861
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Probably going to be picking up a shield9 tomorrow. Trying to get the gf into shooting and she says my M&Pc is too thick even with the small backstrap so this'll be my summer carry/her beginner gun.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #1862
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Probably going to be picking up a shield9 tomorrow. Trying to get the gf into shooting and she says my M&Pc is too thick even with the small backstrap so this'll be my summer carry/her beginner gun.
I've also been wanting to pick up a shield 9mm for summer carry
Old 04-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #1863
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
I've also been wanting to pick up a shield 9mm for summer carry
why not a 40 since you already have a 40c?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #1864
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
why not a 40 since you already have a 40c?
Cheaper to shoot, saves me $5 a box. I've been thinking about picking up a factory 9mm barrel for my 40c. Hard to find one in stock though
Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #1865
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Vortex Razor is some good glass. I've owned offerings from Schmidt & Bender, US Optics, Nightforce, Zeiss, Leupold, etc. and for the money the Razor is tough to beat. Very good glass and quality construction at a bargain of a price compared to it's competition. Good optic.
Ive actually had this one side by side with a Leupold MK6 (I think, my have been an MK4), and to be honest I can't tell a difference. I may be able to eventually, but I say that the Vortex is a good way to get into high quality glass and long range scopes for the cheapest price.

also, does anyone have a burris fastfireII on a ruger MKIII? if so, how do you like it?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #1866

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha, thats why I own only 9mm's now.

Modern 9mm HP's do pretty damn well, close enough performance to 40s and 45s to satisfy me, so less cost + more capacity for similar performance won me over.

Plus the whole minimal recoil part.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #1867

Quote:
Gotcha, thats why I own only 9mm's now.

Modern 9mm HP's do pretty damn well, close enough performance to 40s and 45s to satisfy me, so less cost + more capacity for similar performance won me over.

Plus the whole minimal recoil part.
Exactly. I wanted a 9c but I ran across my 40c used for cheap so I went ahead and picked it up.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #1868
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a benelli supernova or Remington 887 nitro mag? Been going back and forth between the two. My planned use will be for hunting. What are your thoughts on the two guns
Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #1869
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Just back from sporting clays - shot a personal best 45 out of 50 with my SX3. Pretty jazzed about it.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #1870
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
As I've stated before, my wife and I are planning on picking up some .380's for conceal carry. Still working on what brand and model. We are planning on taking the class for the ccw (since you have to to obtain the permit), but is there any tips or advice some of y'all can recommend to help us a little more? I picked up a rubber self healing target to cut back on target spending, and plus some of the proceeds went to the wishes for warriors foundation (I'm a big supporter of helping veterans). I was planning on practicing grouping, loading, and reloading. Anything else we should consider?
Old 04-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #1871
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
As I've stated before, my wife and I are planning on picking up some .380's for conceal carry. Still working on what brand and model. We are planning on taking the class for the ccw (since you have to to obtain the permit), but is there any tips or advice some of y'all can recommend to help us a little more? I picked up a rubber self healing target to cut back on target spending, and plus some of the proceeds went to the wishes for warriors foundation (I'm a big supporter of helping veterans). I was planning on practicing grouping, loading, and reloading. Anything else we should consider?
buy some dummy rounds and practice malfunctions

use paper targets so you can see where your shots are landing
Old 04-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #1872

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Midway has Storm Lake conversion barrels in stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/212...ProductFinding

Oh, and, picked up a shield earlier
Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #1873
Non2os13 is on a distinguished road
Non2os13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't take a gun show ccw class. Take a good class where you will actually learn something.
You may learn methods from the class that are completely different than you would do on your own.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #1874

Quote:
Midway has Storm Lake conversion barrels in stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/212...ProductFinding

Oh, and, picked up a shield earlier
Nice! And I know about the storm lake barrels but they are double the price of a factory barrel and do the same thing
Old 04-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #1875
Non2os13 is on a distinguished road
Non2os13's Tacoma Gallery
Guns are one of my favorite things. Just trying to help people to not make the same mistakes that I have.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:46 AM   #1876
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any experience with the Remington R1 1911? Is it worth it compared to other 1911's at that price point? A guy offered one in trade to me, I'm just doing my homework making sure it's a good, quality firearm before I trade.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #1877
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the all the info! The class I'm taking is instructed by retired military and LEO's. I figured with the rubber target you could still see where you hit before it closes up but I'll still pick up some paper targets as well then. As for the dummy rounds to work on malfunctions, I didn't think of that, thanks!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #1878
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the all the info! The class I'm taking is instructed by retired military and LEO's. I figured with the rubber target you could still see where you hit before it closes up but I'll still pick up some paper targets as well then. As for the dummy rounds to work on malfunctions, I didn't think of that, thanks!
you can kind of see where your shots go on those self healing targets, but for the novice i'd highly recommend paper targets...and probably add shoot n c stick on targets...they make seeing where your shots hit much easier and allows you to adjust on the fly mid mag
Old 04-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #1879

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
you can kind of see where your shots go on those self healing targets, but for the novice i'd highly recommend paper targets...and probably add shoot n c stick on targets...they make seeing where your shots hit much easier and allows you to adjust on the fly mid mag
100 pack of 7" glowshot targets on Amazon for $25. If you're shooting at a color target inside of 5yd you don't need them, but for me the only public range is a 15yd so the color change targets really help
Old 04-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #1880
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Saw a stainless glock 23 gen 4 at a gun show today. Didn't even know they had stainless Glock's, now I'm trying to talk myself out of going back to get it tomorrow

Products Discussed in this Thread