Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Feeler-AR15 lower for trade

Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #21
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i have alot of posts, am i an expert?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #23
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
I will trade you my kimber pro carry(crimson trace) if you give me 1100 plus the lower....

Seriously though, OP- sorry everyone is being a dick.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post

Seriously though, OP- sorry everyone is being a dick.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #25
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
Re point 2...I laughed at people like you who, after the AWB 94, were sure their Glock 17rd mags would always be worth the $80 they paid and didn't look so smart when the same mag was $16 12 years later.
RE point 3...IF legislation banning said weapons is passed before your order at Brownells(you know where you are in the line? #110384? Only 110 thousand ahead of you?)is processed, you sure you're going to get that lower, or do you have VIP processing due to your vast experience and volume?
I feel perfectly fine with my ethics.
No one is being manipulated or pressured into a deal, thank you.
Somebody that has a dust-collector in the safe and wants a stripped AR lower may very well disagree with your perspective.
Thanks for sharing.
More TW 'wisdom'.
There should be a forum for 22 year old know-it-all's full of Red Bull and bravado.
Quote:
61 posts and and expert...Kona, you need to listen to this guy!
Just for the record:

1. Definitely not 22;
  2. Don't drink Red Bull;
  3. Not full of bravado but, do have confidence backed up by years of experience;
  4. I made it through the '94 ban just fine (see item # 1);
  5. I never purchase(d) into a hysteria driven market thus never purchased an $80 Glock magazine and I've never paid more than $11 for a P-Mag;
  6. Yes, Brownells and other providers do treat me well;
  7. I have 61 posts on this forum because I don't have tons of time to post archaic and worthless information for public consumption; and
  8. If you've read the draft legislation you'll know that the AWB that Sen. Feinstein dreamed up this time currently has no "sunset" provision, thus long-term is a bit longer than 10 years.
In regards to my comment to "Kona" I can read quite well and I can read forum rules...thus, regardless of my "post count" I am correct in what I stated.

If you'd like to make any more asinine comments, please do so. The fact remains that while your feeler may be attractive to some the simple fact is that you are attempting to leverage a $79 stripped lower for an item of much greater market worth. Furthermore, you're only in a position to do so precisely because of the hysteria driven market that the country is currently experiencing, which was brought about by a tragic event. So, in essence you (and others) are directly profiting off of the deaths of 26 innocent people...that is something that I and others refuse to do.

Thank you for your kind and sarcastic words...and I am sure you are comfortable with your ethics. That's the great thing with ethics...many people adjust them to fit the current "environment". Unfortunately, that doesn't make it right.

Good day sir.

- Mark
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #27
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfar80 View Post
Just for the record:

1. Definitely not 22;
  2. Don't drink Red Bull;
  3. Not full of bravado but, do have confidence backed up by years of experience;
  4. I made it through the '94 ban just fine (see item # 1);
  5. I never purchase(d) into a hysteria driven market thus never purchased an $80 Glock magazine and I've never paid more than $11 for a P-Mag;
  6. Yes, Brownells and other providers do treat me well;
  7. I have 61 posts on this forum because I don't have tons of time to post archaic and worthless information for public consumption; and
  8. If you've read the draft legislation you'll know that the AWB that Sen. Feinstein dreamed up this time currently has no "sunset" provision, thus long-term is a bit longer than 10 years.
In regards to my comment to "Kona" I can read quite well and I can read forum rules...thus, regardless of my "post count" I am correct in what I stated.

If you'd like to make any more asinine comments, please do so. The fact remains that while your feeler may be attractive to some the simple fact is that you are attempting to leverage a $79 stripped lower for an item of much greater market worth. Furthermore, you're only in a position to do so precisely because of the hysteria driven market that the country is currently experiencing, which was brought about by a tragic event. So, in essence you (and others) are directly profiting off of the deaths of 26 innocent people...that is something that I and others refuse to do.

Thank you for your kind and sarcastic words...and I am sure you are comfortable with your ethics. That's the great thing with ethics...many people adjust them to fit the current "environment". Unfortunately, that doesn't make it right.

Good day sir.

- Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
I agree
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #29
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mark.... You are my hero
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #30
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
All -

I am not trying to be a dick but, I don't appreciate it when I see fellow gun owners and firearm related companies taking advantage of a tragic situation. There are dozens of companies that attempted to maximize profits in the short term but, will lose thousands of customers for life. I understand the ops motives (leveraging the current market to his advantage) but, I don't agree with it and nor should our fellow gun owners, fellow sportsmanship, and fellow firearm professionals agree and / or support it. In addition and more importantly...this is not the free market at work. The threat of an AWB and the tragic events in Newtown fundamentally have altered and will influence the market for the near and possibly distant future. These influences have removed the "free" from the free market argument for the time being. True no one is twisting anyone's arm but, the fundamental question is...is leveraging Newtown for personal gain the proper thing to do? I say no...and I will defend that position. The op took this argument personal by making sarcastic references to my wisdom. I believe I responded appropriately. I'm finished with this thread...as I have made my point and just perhaps the op will think about his actions in the greater context. We should all be sticking together and supporting each other as gun owners during this time...that's the only hope of retaining the 2nd Amendment in the context it was originally intended (read the Federalist Papers). As for the op...never bring a knife to a gunfight and if I ever meet you I'll buy you a cold beer of your choice.

Post # 63

- Mark
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #32
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxer311 View Post
$120..
121 DollHairs
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #33
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
65 posts, if the rest are half as good as the posts in here well shit, I like this guy!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #34
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
OK, Mark, I get your point.
Profiteering, I'm not.
I have been an amateur gun trader for a few years and I watched my friends, against my advice, buy at inflated prices around the first Obama election.
I told them paying $400 for a lower just because of election hysteria was a bad decision, and the market did cool down, and now they can just now sell their pieces for what they paid.
Hysteria comes around at different times and has the same effect each time.
I have watched different styles of firearms go up and down in value, sometimes because of a movie character, sometimes because of political drama.
You might notice, I have not asked or offered a cash price.
If I was asking $500 for a stripped lower (or $1300 for a DPMS with a lot of miles on it), that would be gouging, profiteering, whatever.
As someone in another post mentioned, we are not talking baby formula here.
It is a luxury item.
Not food, not water, not oxygen.
In re your point about SHES being the catalyst, I have an 8 yr old son and this tragedy hit me more than any other in history....and I have been around for Tim McVeigh, 9/11, others in my adult life.
I could not bear to read details for the first 72 hours after it ocurred and I take offense at your suggestion that I am taking advantage of the pain and suffering of those kids, their parents, teachers, and first-responders.
Theirs is a pain I can only imagine and my heart truly breaks for them.
Christmas this year was particularly poignant for me because I couldn't shake the image of parents having to deal with gifts purchased and the child not alive to receive them.
Absolutely breaks my heart.
Do not accuse me again of attempting to profit from their death.
If somebody wants to trade an old dust-collector for something THEY deem equal or more valuable, they have the right to do it.
If they don't, they don't.
You can keep your perspective to yourself as far as my methods, timing, and motivation.
You don't know me and you don't know what I'm feeling.

Mods, lock thread.
I'm sick of this now.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #35
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK, Mark, I get your point.
Profiteering, I'm not.
I have been an amateur gun trader for a few years and I watched my friends, against my advice, buy at inflated prices around the first Obama election.
I told them paying $400 for a lower just because of election hysteria was a bad decision, and the market did cool down, and now they can just now sell their pieces for what they paid.
Hysteria comes around at different times and has the same effect each time.
I have watched different styles of firearms go up and down in value, sometimes because of a movie character, sometimes because of political drama.
You might notice, I have not asked or offered a cash price.
If I was asking $500 for a stripped lower (or $1300 for a DPMS with a lot of miles on it), that would be gouging, profiteering, whatever.
As someone in another post mentioned, we are not talking baby formula here.
It is a luxury item.
Not food, not water, not oxygen.
In re your point about SHES being the catalyst, I have an 8 yr old son and this tragedy hit me more than any other in history....and I have been around for Tim McVeigh, 9/11, others in my adult life.
I could not bear to read details for the first 72 hours after it ocurred and I take offense at your suggestion that I am taking advantage of the pain and suffering of those kids, their parents, teachers, and first-responders.
Theirs is a pain I can only imagine and my heart truly breaks for them.
Christmas this year was particularly poignant for me because I couldn't shake the image of parents having to deal with gifts purchased and the child not alive to receive them.
Absolutely breaks my heart.
Do not accuse me again of attempting to profit from their death.
If somebody wants to trade an old dust-collector for something THEY deem equal or more valuable, they have the right to do it.
If they don't, they don't.
You can keep your perspective to yourself as far as my methods, timing, and motivation.
You don't know me and you don't know what I'm feeling.

Mods, lock thread.
I'm sick of this now.

Go on...

Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #36
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd trade you this. It's chambered in .177
Attached Thumbnails
Feeler-AR15 lower for trade-image.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #37
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Thinkingman -

Let me be very straight on this point...I never said or implied that your motive was to directly take advantage of the Newtown incident...period. What I did say is that you are in a position to leverage the market to your advantage solely because of that incident. So, in essence anyone selling at higher than MSRP prices right now is in fact profiting off of the incident, solely as a cause and effect...not intent.

It's unimportant if that was your motive or not, but the fact is that the market conditions that would even allow you to think about trading a $79 lower for a quality handgun / optic / etc. are only in place because of the Newtown incident. Cause and effect...I have never believed for a second that you sat down and being the "thinking man" thought..."I bet you I can profit off of those 26 innocent people". I don't think any decent human being with half a heart would ever think in that vein.

But, there is no denying that all the individuals and companies that are increasing their profit margin in the current market are doing so as a cause and effect of the Newtown incident. There is absolutely no way to deny that...it happened...the Legislative Branch hinted at a response...and the market reacted. As with any market influence...you have to get to the source of the condition.

I hope that clarifies things for you, and in all seriousness this discussion has gone two steps past where it should have. I believe we are both at fault for that and as a gentleman, if I offended you...you have my apologies as that was not my intent.

- Mark
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #38
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
This is fantastic stuff!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #39
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
IBTL
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #40
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfar80 View Post
Thinkingman -

Let me be very straight on this point...I never said or implied that your motive was to directly take advantage of the Newtown incident...period. What I did say is that you are in a position to leverage the market to your advantage solely because of that incident. So, in essence anyone selling at higher than MSRP prices right now is in fact profiting off of the incident, solely as a cause and effect...not intent.

It's unimportant if that was your motive or not, but the fact is that the market conditions that would even allow you to think about trading a $79 lower for a quality handgun / optic / etc. are only in place because of the Newtown incident. Cause and effect...I have never believed for a second that you sat down and being the "thinking man" thought..."I bet you I can profit off of those 26 innocent people". I don't think any decent human being with half a heart would ever think in that vein.

But, there is no denying that all the individuals and companies that are increasing their profit margin in the current market are doing so as a cause and effect of the Newtown incident. There is absolutely no way to deny that...it happened...the Legislative Branch hinted at a response...and the market reacted. As with any market influence...you have to get to the source of the condition.

I hope that clarifies things for you, and in all seriousness this discussion has gone two steps past where it should have. I believe we are both at fault for that and as a gentleman, if I offended you...you have my apologies as that was not my intent.

- Mark
Thanks.
Well-written and I accept your apology.
Now, if you want to debate the demand side of the equation being an influence on my decision......