Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Liberty Safe

Old 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #21
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacPro45 View Post
I pulled the trigger today on the Liberty Colonial 30 from lowes. With the military discount it ended up at about 1100. Pretty excited!!!
Congrats! Post pics when you get it. When is the expected delivery?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #22
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
Congrats! Post pics when you get it. When is the expected delivery?
Thanks! By Feb 4 it should be in store. From there, I'll be picking it up and putting it in it's place. Pics to follow!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #23
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun and have some buddies and a serious dolly on hand! One of those heavy duty appliance dollies with the a-frame support works wonders
Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #24
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have a liberty and its great!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #25
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at the FATBOY edition right now, which I think I will end up getting
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #26
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I pulled the trigger today on the Liberty Colonial 30 from lowes. With the military discount it ended up at about 1100. Pretty excited!!!
I think I decided on the Liberty Franklin at Lowes. They seem to have the best price although I didn't want an electronic lock I think I can live with it. I am waiting to get my tax return unless I can pay for it once its actually ready for pick up. Did they have you pay for it when you ordered it or when its ready for pick up?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #27
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
I think I decided on the Liberty Franklin at Lowes. They seem to have the best price although I didn't want an electronic lock I think I can live with it. I am waiting to get my tax return unless I can pay for it once its actually ready for pick up. Did they have you pay for it when you ordered it or when its ready for pick up?
Did you call Liberty directly for a price? Probably more expensive, but you can order exactly what you want....type of lock, paint colors, etc. and it'll be delivered and installed for you.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #28
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Did you call Liberty directly for a price? Probably more expensive, but you can order exactly what you want....type of lock, paint colors, etc. and it'll be delivered and installed for you.
its like $450 more for the same thing!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I like my liberty. I picked it up from lowes..for some reason i didnt get charged tax when i bought mine.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #30
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its like $450 more for the same thing!
Yeah, but you can order it exactly how you want it and it'll be delivered and placed in your home. Does Lowes deliver it and put it in your home?

We have a Franklin and it weighs 800lbs EMPTY. I had mine moved into a different room last month. I called around to different rigging companies and they'll charge $300-400 to move it 30 feet and down a half-step. I got lucky and found a really local company who only charged $100, and my husband and I helped them do it (4 of us).

Unless you're equipped with the proper stuff needed to move something that heavy, its not something you can just pickup and move easily.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #31
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you people know that the companys like LOWES, HOME DEPOT, any big box store, etc. can order you ANYTHING a Manufacturer they carry sells, even if it is not an item they sell. Most of the time they mess up on the price for special order items and you end up with it for COST.

I have a 48" set of Bolt cutters that were close to ~$500 at the time for ~$150 ! Many other special order things too. So on your purchases, try going to the customer service desk and ask them to special order something for you. Might end up with a huge unexpected discount.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #32
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Quote:
I paid up front, I had to do it over the phone to get the military discount. I originally had planned to pick it up myself, but ended up opting for the delivery.

As far as moving it, Lowes offers curbside delivery, they say they won't move into the house due to risk of damaging the floors/walls etc. I'm sure with a decent tip it's possible to at least get it in the door.

I have been doing a lot of reading and watching of videos of moving companies and how they move these things, and it isn't really too much trouble with the right tools. An appliance dolly, some pvc or wooden dowels and you should be good to go. Assuming you're not going up a spiral staircase or anything.

As long as you plan it all out and are safe, should be no problem. That's my plan anyway!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
The libertys you can take the door off to move it..at least thats how i got my liberty centurion up the stairs..i bet the door is 150 lbs or better.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #34
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i've moved my 800lb safe 3 times with no issues and only 3 of us each time

a proper fridge dolly and you're good to go

find one of the heavy duty ones with the a-frame on the back like this
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #35

Coast Guard:
That's what I'm thinking. I don't have any stairs outside of the single one leading into the front door. Other than that it's all flat!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #36
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. I don't have any stairs outside of the single one leading into the front door. Other than that it's all flat!
bribe your 2 or 3 strongest friends and find one of those dollies and you'll be fine

that'll get it close enough and then you can muscle it around to where you want it

stairs are what makes it difficult...if i had to go upstairs or downstairs...i'd have paid someone too
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #37
I got fisted

Firefighter:
If you have no stairs, its cake. Just find a few strong friends, lift it into the house..then put it on a dolly and wheel it to its destination. Then tilt to one side, and set it down after pulling the dolly out..would be cheaper then buying one of those fridge hand trucks..
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #38

Coast Guard:
Thanks for the advice. What's the easiest way to remove the bolted on pallet from the bottom? Best done prior to moving or do you think it would be easier nearer the final destination?

Less than a week before it's here, getting anxious!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Mine are still on because I'm in an apt and cannot bolt it down like I should...eventually it'll be in a house and i'll figure out how to remove the skids when it's time to bolt it down
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #40
I got fisted

Firefighter:
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. What's the easiest way to remove the bolted on pallet from the bottom? Best done prior to moving or do you think it would be easier nearer the final destination?

Less than a week before it's here, getting anxious!
I took mine off, half in/half out of the house. If you can lay it down on its side on carpet, its easy.