LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Liberty Safe

Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #41
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
So I decided to go with a Superior safe instead of the Liberty. It was delivered last thursday and me and 5 of my friends put it in my basement over the weekend. It's the Encore 31 and weights 700lbs. I seriously doubt if I'll be able to get it out of the basement if and when I ever move. We had just a regular dolly but we got it down and nobody got hurt. Here she sits.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:08 AM   #42
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
The libertys you can take the door off to move it..at least thats how i got my liberty centurion up the stairs..i bet the door is 150 lbs or better.
You can't take the door off the Franklin.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:13 AM   #43
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacPro45 View Post

As far as moving it, Lowes offers curbside delivery, they say they won't move into the house due to risk of damaging the floors/walls etc. I'm sure with a decent tip it's possible to at least get it in the door.

I have been doing a lot of reading and watching of videos of moving companies and how they move these things, and it isn't really too much trouble with the right tools. An appliance dolly, some pvc or wooden dowels and you should be good to go. Assuming you're not going up a spiral staircase or anything.

As long as you plan it all out and are safe, should be no problem. That's my plan anyway!
I hope you have someone else to help you.

We bought some 4" round sliders and had 1/2" PVC laying around the house.

Consider the FLOOR that you'll be rolling this across. Depending on the flooring, may make it harder to slide/roll across. Not only that - but it could destroy the flooring in the process. Consider getting some smooth flat sheet metal and/or plywood to protect the floor.

I would make some phone calls and see if you can get lucky and find a rigging company that'll move it cheaply. The rigging company will probably want to come out and actually see the obstacles they're dealing with.

BTW - The Franklin door will not come off.

I would definitely remove the pallet.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #44
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
I've been a locksmith for 20+ years and liberty makes good stuff at least the USA made lines. Fort knox is pricier but not as good. The reason I like liberty is their construction, the amount of fire board they use, the quality of their hard plate, and the type of lock they use. Their midline stuff is as good or better than the high end lines of most of the other brands.

If you're reading this and in my area, I won't make a dime on the sale, but I can help you out by using my buyers ID at one of the local lock supply companies and get a price probably well lower than anywhere else you can buy it. You'll need a truck and some help to move it though. Actual supply houses won't do home installation

Did you electric or spin dial type locks? Personally I am a mechanical dial person, batteries always seem to fail *me* at the worst possible moments.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #45
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedRonin View Post

Did you electric or spin dial type locks? Personally I am a mechanical dial person, batteries always seem to fail *me* at the worst possible moments.
That's exactly why we went with a mechanical dial lock (and key) mechanism.

A friend of ours just recently had trouble getting his open because the battery was totally dead. He hadn't opened it in so long. You almost have to change the batteries regularly like you should with smoke detectors.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #46
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard a lot of people complain about the time it takes to get into a mechanical lock. After a day of having my safe and getting used to the combo it only takes me 30 seconds to open the safe. I personally just don't trust the electric locks.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #47
motoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant future
motoxer311's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a Citadel yesterday.. Not a bad price either..

http://www.jacksonvillegunsafes.com

Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #48
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
I will definitely have help when the time comes. My neighbor has the dolly already so we are set there as well.

My floors are tile, I plan on laying down some plywood for the move too. It's almost a straight shot to the final resting place just a matter of sliding existing furniture out of the way.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #49
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Update

Well, the safe was to be in the store on Monday...

It wasn't. I called and was told that it was delayed from Liberty, they said it could take up to an extra week.

Not a total loss though, although I have been anxious to get it set up. They offered to refund the shipping cost and also agreed to move it inside for me and place it where it is going to stay.

I'm just coordinating that conversation with the third party shipping company, so hopefully the message gets across and it all works out. Everyone has been nothing but polite, so I am optimistic!

That Citadel looks pretty sweet!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #50
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedRonin View Post
I've been a locksmith for 20+ years and liberty makes good stuff at least the USA made lines. Fort knox is pricier but not as good. The reason I like liberty is their construction, the amount of fire board they use, the quality of their hard plate, and the type of lock they use. Their midline stuff is as good or better than the high end lines of most of the other brands.

If you're reading this and in my area, I won't make a dime on the sale, but I can help you out by using my buyers ID at one of the local lock supply companies and get a price probably well lower than anywhere else you can buy it. You'll need a truck and some help to move it though. Actual supply houses won't do home installation

kilted..i sent you a PM
Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #51
Asian RedNeck
BenMara will become famous soon enoughBenMara will become famous soon enough

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
im putting my $$$$ with these huys
http://www.pendletonsafes.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #52

Coast Guard:
Another update...

Safe has still not arrived at Lowes from Liberty. Not sure if it's due to the immense supply and demand of all firearms related items right now or what. I am patient so I am giving the benefit of the doubt. Lowes has called daily to tell me it's not in yet and is very apologetic.

Going to call Liberty tomorrow, although I'm not sure how involved they are with Lowes to be honest. Do they ship directly from the factory to Lowes? Who knows.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #53
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Another update...

Safe has still not arrived at Lowes from Liberty. Not sure if it's due to the immense supply and demand of all firearms related items right now or what. I am patient so I am giving the benefit of the doubt. Lowes has called daily to tell me it's not in yet and is very apologetic.

Going to call Liberty tomorrow, although I'm not sure how involved they are with Lowes to be honest. Do they ship directly from the factory to Lowes? Who knows.

hmmm I ordered mine a couple weeks ago from a local shop. They said it would be here by the end of March. Makes me scared I wont see it for a while past that.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #54
Djskrilla will become famous soon enoughDjskrilla will become famous soon enough

Navy: CTM1(SW)
Name: Dom
Djskrilla's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Liberty Centurion Deluxe 23. I love it. Thankfully when it comes time to move it wont cost me a dime since I'm military, but the movers surely will hate me when they find out they have stairs to deal with.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #55
Djskrilla will become famous soon enoughDjskrilla will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Another update...

I think they build to order...meaning it takes quite a while to receive one from them.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #56

Coast Guard:
I'm not sure....

I ordered January 4th.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #57
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djskrilla View Post
I think they build to order...meaning it takes quite a while to receive one from them.
Yes.... Especially if you pick a color, style, accessories, etc. We ordered directly from Liberty and it took a while (can't remember how long)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Yes.... Especially if you pick a color, style, accessories, etc. We ordered directly from Liberty and it took a while (can't remember how long)
When I inquired last year, they told me about 3-5 months. So I went to a Baldino's Lock and Key, and was lucky to find the exact one I wanted in their warehouse.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
So I decided to go with a Superior safe instead of the Liberty. It was delivered last thursday and me and 5 of my friends put it in my basement over the weekend. It's the Encore 31 and weights 700lbs. I seriously doubt if I'll be able to get it out of the basement if and when I ever move. We had just a regular dolly but we got it down and nobody got hurt. Here she sits.

It must have been a B$tch to get that thing down there. They used a powered stair climber thing for mine cause I'm on the second floor. Then it was pushing up my entire carpet as we slid it into my room.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #60

Coast Guard:
Called Liberty directly today while at work, they do build do order, unfortunately I did not have the order # on me so they couldn't track it, but hopefully it's enroute to Lowes by now.

I didn't get anything crazy, standard Colonial 30, black, with electric lock. No frills.