Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Liberty Safe

Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #82
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
For you safe guys... Don't forget to put a dehumidifier inside the safe!
+1

I put a Dri-Rod in mine, works great.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #83
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
I got a cheaper non-electric one, when it gets too much moisture in it you plug it in overnight to dry it back out.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #84
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Is it even necessary if you live somewhere as dry as Colorado?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #85
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Perhaps not.. 20 bucks to be cautious wouldn't hurt though.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #86
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this on another site, did not know you could do this!

F'n thieves I hope you Die!!!
My house was broken into yesterday broad daylight 3 neighbors home didn't see anything. They got in through my garage door by pulling the manual lever to the door with a coat hanger tossed all the drawers cut a hole in the top of my gun safe took 2 revolvers and my AR15 they had 4 of my other rifles ready to go but did not get to take them. They made quick work of my gun safe they turned it sideways and cut a triangle hole at the top corner to pull everything out. They also got 5 watches my coin collection misc. jewelry some purses of my wife's birth certificate old ID's and SS card that were all in with the coin collection in a wooden box in my closet. I hope they have a gun cleaning accident I hate thieves.

And I know its the economy.."

Old 02-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #87
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak90 View Post
Saw this on another site, did not know you could do this!

F'n thieves I hope you Die!!!
My house was broken into yesterday broad daylight 3 neighbors home didn't see anything. They got in through my garage door by pulling the manual lever to the door with a coat hanger tossed all the drawers cut a hole in the top of my gun safe took 2 revolvers and my AR15 they had 4 of my other rifles ready to go but did not get to take them. They made quick work of my gun safe they turned it sideways and cut a triangle hole at the top corner to pull everything out. They also got 5 watches my coin collection misc. jewelry some purses of my wife's birth certificate old ID's and SS card that were all in with the coin collection in a wooden box in my closet. I hope they have a gun cleaning accident I hate thieves.
What kind of safe was it?
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #88
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of safe was it?

Said it was a Browning Pro
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #89
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Said it was a Browning Pro
Sorry... I didn't see that in the post with the photos.

Someone must have known you had a safe ... and knew what kind of tools & saw to bring along. You don't just show up at a house and cut a big hole in a safe with a hand tool.

Yikes. I hope your homeowners /renters insurance will cover it.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #90

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Someone must have known you had a safe ... and knew what kind of tools & saw to bring along. You don't just show up at a house and cut a big hole in a safe with a hand tool.

Its not mine, saw that on another site i check out, was just suprised how easy it was to get into. I have a liberty lincoln and thought it was good as long as its bolted down. After looking at those pic's not so sure as i think that is 11 gage steel like my liberty
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #91

Coast Guard:
Quote:

Definitely unfortunate, I think you're right in that most burglaries are to be quick and hasty, in and out. They must have had an idea there was a safe inside to just cut it open like that.

Determined thieves will get into anything if they want it bad enough. Goal is to stall them until someone can interrupt their plans.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #92
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thought it was good as long as its bolted down.
The safe pictured wasn't bolted down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglary victim
they turned it sideways and cut a triangle hole at the top corner
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #93

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
The safe pictured wasn't bolted down...

that did not matter just cut it open did not know it was that easy to get into a gun safe
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #94
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that did not matter just cut it open did not know it was that easy to get into a gun safe
If it was bolted down in a corner, there wouldn't be access to the thinner backside of the safe.

Of course, if a thief is determined, he will get into anything.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #95
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my safe in today. I rented an appliance dolly from u-hal and had 3 buddies come over to help. It actually was a lot easier than I expect. Probably since there was so many of us.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #96
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
All these types of safes with 11 or 12 ga metal can be defeated.

To get the UL "Residential Security Container" certificate, you only need to defeat the UL experts who are allowed to use only hand tools up to 18" long for 5 minutes.

You're protecting against unprepared "smash and grab" thieves, housekeepers and other servicepeople who have access to your house, keeping firearms away from kids, etc...

This isn't a bank vault.

And it simply isn't worth spending $10-20k to protect $1-2k of guns and jewelry.

If you're worried about it - add a monitored home security alarm to the mix. A combination of a 5 to 10 minute alarm response time, coupled with a safe that takes at least 5 minutes to break into - will tend to make thieves think twice.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #97
jcgarvey is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
jcgarvey's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need to spend a fortune on a well built safe with 10 ga. steel or thicker. I'm currently looking at Sturdysafe, made in USA right out of Fresno, CA. smallest safe (#2419, 24x19x60) starts at just over $1300 and has free delivery. 5/16" steel plate door, 7ga. steel plate body.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #98
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
Finally got my safe in today. I rented an appliance dolly from u-hal and had 3 buddies come over to help. It actually was a lot easier than I expect. Probably since there was so many of us.

That's awesome. I'll bet you end up pulling the ammo out and using the other side for guns, lol. Have to prioritize. For now, looks like it all fits!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #99
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgarvey View Post
You don't need to spend a fortune on a well built safe with 10 ga. steel or thicker. I'm currently looking at Sturdysafe, made in USA right out of Fresno, CA. smallest safe (#2419, 24x19x60) starts at just over $1300 and has free delivery. 5/16" steel plate door, 7ga. steel plate body.
My safe is 5' tall, 4' deep and 4' wide and I got it for $500. It's a used Browning Gold. If you have some buddies, put an ad on CL and mention that you'll come get it. You can get a great deal that way.