Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Georgia Sheriff rejects anti-liberty stance

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Semantics are boring.
A bullet is a bullet. I guess we should ban all guns with your understanding.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
A bullet is a bullet. I guess we should ban all guns with your understanding.
That's good stuff right there, please go on.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's good stuff right there, please go on.
Lol.

I mean shit my 30.06 model 1917 is much more dangerous than a 5.56 ar-15

Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #24
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I support that "right", own a couple myself.
...good... and to build on that, one might deduce that letting the very thing that is "at odds" w/ this right "choose" what you "may or may not" have, ...compromises that right... i.e. letting the gubm't decide what can be used as "deterence" to abuse of power is akin to letting the fox guard the henhouse...

Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #25
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...good... and to build on that, one might deduce that letting the very thing that is "at odds" w/ this right "choose" what you "may or may not" have, ...compromises that right... i.e. letting the gubm't decide what can be used as "deterence" to abuse of power is akin to letting the fox guard the henhouse...
Why does the government have to decide? Why can't we, the people, decide?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
I am faster than 80% of all snakes.
Ben83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Intelligence Analyst for 10 years and then moved on.
Name: Ben
Ben83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy12 View Post
On another note, I find it funny that Feinstein had a concealed carry permitin the 80s.
The hypocrisy of Feinstein kills me...while we are on that subject I found this video pretty entertaining as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1SZurGArxE

Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #27
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWinstead View Post
It's a corporate decision, probably a lot of things were considered before settling on it. Big deal, a jerkwater sheriff's got a problem with it. Could be just as many, or more, citizens will support the holding group's stance, making the sheriff's stand meaningless.

We're still America. Free choice.

That Jerkwater Sheriff is the Head of the GA sheriff association

also video

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/video?au...clipId=8130453

Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
Recklessly tired

Quote:
So, do you think every citizen should be able to own one? Also, what is your plan to keep them out of peoples hands that "we" decide shouldn't own them? Felons, mentally ill etc.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #29
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...the bill of rights is a check on the gov't power... i decide what guns (i.e. semi-auto rifle = 100yr old technology) i need... you decide for you! ....it's beautiful!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not to side track any discussions, or to get involved... but in a democracy, whatever country you belong to, you elect a government to make decisions for you. If every issue went back to a national vote or plebiscite, most countries would still be sitting around coming up with their names.

If you don't like the course you government is heading, get out and help campaign for the leaders you think up hold your values. Get your friends involved, hell run yourself...

But your country all ready did this. So now all you can do is put pressure on your local elected leaders and get others you know and feel the same to also step up pressure.

If none of this works, then that means the other side won... which is democracy in action.. the majority rules.

Frank

Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #31

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So, do you think every citizen should be able to own one? Also, what is your plan to keep them out of peoples hands that "we" decide shouldn't own them? Felons, mentally ill etc.
to the former... if we're talking competant, law-abiding, etc, etc. people why not let them choose for themselves?..

..to the latter, ...well, that's the crux of the debate... felons are already "prohibited" from possessing (of course, as you know, the hardened criminals don't care...), ...the mental cases out there seems to be a societal problem, ...not a gun problem... combine that w/ 24/7 real-time "news", and increasing population, ...the statistics get skewed unless you "normalize" them for these things... the reality is crime has been on the decline for some time now...

Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #32
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

jail for felons..and hospitalization for the ill

Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #33
Recklessly tired

Quote:
...the bill of rights is a check on the gov't power... i decide what guns (i.e. semi-auto rifle = 100yr old technology) i need... you decide for you! ....it's beautiful!
Humor me, I'm honestly just curious. As a father, I am, don't know if you are. I was a FULL supporter of the right to bear arms. After many recent events I simply asked myself what I was going to do to try to help prevent it from happening again.

No one thing alone will prevent it nor will we ever prevent all of them but I refuse to believe we can't do something.

I see the #1 problem being the way our society treats mentally ill people. I've advocated for this and because of several reasons my company is now adding mental health coverage to our medical plan. The #2 reason, imo, is ease of access to firearms. Not all guns. I just can't see why anyone needs an assault rifle.

What are you going to do, or have you chose to turn your back and do nothing?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Not to side track any discussions, or to get involved... but in a democracy, whatever country you belong to, you elect a government to make decisions for you. If every issue went back to a national vote or plebiscite, most countries would still be sitting around coming up with their names.

If you don't like the course you government is heading, get out and help campaign for the leaders you think up hold your values. Get your friends involved, hell run yourself...

But your country all ready did this. So now all you can do is put pressure on your local elected leaders and get others you know and feel the same to also step up pressure.

If none of this works, then that means the other side won... which is democracy in action.. the majority rules.

Frank
Thank you, I was being a smart ass in my comment and fully understand how a democracy works. Lots of peoples response is "I don't want my gub'ment to tell me what gun I can own" I was simply saying why can't we as a society, as the people, step up and decide it.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #35
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy12 View Post
Enjoy my pre-ban weapons.

Also, if I have children take the time to educate them on the proper use offirearms, take an active role in their lives, and teach them right from wrong.

On another note, I find it funny that Feinstein had a concealed carry permitin the 80s. And that the obvious mental health issues we have seen in the pasttwo decades in this country leading to tragedies are not addressed. Also, don'teven get me started on the parents that let their fucking 8 year olds play MWIII, and watch R rated movies with violent content when their minds are developing. (There have been multiple studies about child developmental stages,examples include children warriors in Africa).

But hey I digress, a big thank you +/- 600 representatives that are ingovernment positions for saving me from me. I will be banned from certainweapons, need a license to drive, but morons will still be allowed to breed;our fiscal state and education system will take a back seat to this bullshit once again. Great, sign me up.

Rant over.

Thanks for reading,

P.S. Nice post, thank you for the info.
-Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben83 View Post
The hypocrisy of Feinstein kills me...while we are on that subject I found this video pretty entertaining as well:

um, hypocrisy? Gee guess that no one here remembers any history eh? Gee her carrying didn't have anything to do with the fact that her predecessor, Mayor Moscone along with Supervisor Harvey Milk were shot to death, in the Mayor's Office , by a mentally unbalanced white man named Dan White.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #36
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
jail for felons..and hospitalization for the ill
You win, it's so simple to type it.

Please expand on your "hospitalization for the ill" Who decides who is "ill?" Who funds the "hospital?" What about the 12 year old that seriously mentally ill but has committed no crime ... yet? Do you hospitalize him, for life?

Put some thought into your answer.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #37
Ben83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ben83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just can't see why anyone needs an assault rifle.
A good video on why American's should be able to purchase semi-automatic rifles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxNenz7q_eY

Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #38
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben83 View Post
A good video on why American's should be able to purchase semi-automatic rifles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxNenz7q_eY
Seen it, and no, it's not good lol.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #39

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Humor me, I'm honestly just curious. As a father, I am, don't know if you are. I was a FULL supporter of the right to bear arms. After many recent events I simply asked myself what I was going to do to try to help prevent it from happening again.

No one thing alone will prevent it nor will we ever prevent all of them but I refuse to believe we can't do something.

I see the #1 problem being the way our society treats mentally ill people. I've advocated for this and because of several reasons my company is now adding mental health coverage to our medical plan. The #2 reason, imo, is ease of access to firearms. Not all guns. I just can't see why anyone needs an assault rifle.

What are you going to do, or have you chose to turn your back and do nothing?
i'm for doing "something", ...if it's effective rather than (cough) ideological and won't infringe on our rights (that includes more than just the 2A BTW)... but your assertion about a "need" or "not" for "assault rifles" (which is a BS political term that basically means anything semi-automatic, ...which is like 90% of all guns out there), is irrelevant in the context of the 2A... the perp could've done just as much carnage, if not more, w/ a 12 ga. shotgun and speedstrips... we don't compromise constitutional rights because a few evildoers abuse them...

Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #40

Ben83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seen it, and no, it's not good lol.
lol all you want. The man made many good points, that I agree with. I would also feel comfortable to say that the majority of Americans agree with his statements as well.

Closed Thread