Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

reloading bs thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #181
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got the rest of the parts I needed to load. I bought a Lyman debur, ream, primer pocket cleaner and decrimper all in one tool. It works great!

And I loaded up my first 30 rounds of .223
60 gr Nosler varmnit ballistic tips with 25gr of Varget.

My dog keeping a watchfull eye making sure I didnt mess anything up
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #182
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
If I bought the hand press, I would be reshaping and depriming all my brass while looking for primers every chance I got. And pick them up whenever I saw them. I will eventually have a regular press, and once I get out of college, I will end up with a progressive press, probably a dillon. But for now I am wanting to start really cheap. According to my math, I can load 500 45 colt for like 250, that includes buying equipment. To buy new ammo, it would be about 300 per 500 rounds.

I do realize that the lee loader or hand press (I lean hand press) would be slow though.
You made the better choice than the Lee Loader. The Lee Loader does work but you will have some primers go off on you when you try to seat some of them. For the hand press get the Lee Carbide dies and get a Factory Crimp die too. Get your self a lube pad and some water soluble lube to go on it. When you go to "size" the case hold the case so you put just a tiny ring of lube at the very top of the case. This reduces the sizing effort tremendously and after sizing just wipe off with a damp cloth and dry. The reduced effort by using a tiny bit of lube is worth the time it takes to wipe them off.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #183
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I busted out 150rds of .223 tonight. Took me a couple hrs since i had to throw it in the media tumbler and everything. I was using my neighbors stuff and it was a single stage press. Makes me really want a turret press now. Used a electronic scale and that was pretty cool and make it go buy fast. Now i gotta go spend some money on some reloading equipment.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #184
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
I busted out 150rds of .223 tonight. Took me a couple hrs since i had to throw it in the media tumbler and everything. I was using my neighbors stuff and it was a single stage press. Makes me really want a turret press now. Used a electronic scale and that was pretty cool and make it go buy fast. Now i gotta go spend some money on some reloading equipment.
I don't think you'll get much more speed out of a turret press, especially if you have a bushing kit on your single stage. Did you mean a progressive press perhaps?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #185
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I don't think you'll get much more speed out of a turret press, especially if you have a bushing kit on your single stage. Did you mean a progressive press perhaps?
I've never used a progressive on rifle rounds, but I tell myself it's smarter to take more time on them
Old 03-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #186
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody in here got a couple thousand small rifle primers i can buy?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #187
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^good luck man. I cant find any either. Ive got about 350 left.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #188
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Free brass:
74 38 Super Auto Aguila brass
115 9mm Luger some is R&P, some is Blaser brass
50 38 Special CBC brass

It is all ranged picked, not inspected or cleaned.

Pay shipping.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #189
Ct03si is on a distinguished road
Air Force: vehicle maintenance
Ct03si's Tacoma Gallery
got super lucky the other day, walked into cabelas just as they were putting out the small box of reloading stuff they recieved, walked out with 1000 small rifle primers and 1 pound of IMR 3031 so now i can start reloading .223!!! buil a nice reloading bench about 2 months ago its about time i get to use it.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #190
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm looking to buy some magnum small pistol primers. Like CCI 550. Any amounts.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #191

the bad part about buying primers and powder over the internet is paying the hazardous shipping charges...
Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
the bad part about buying primers and powder over the internet is paying the hazardous shipping charges...
From a retailer, yes. From one private individual to another, not such a big deal. As long as nothing goes 'pop' en'route.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #193
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosiveTendency View Post
From a retailer, yes. From one private individual to another, not such a big deal. As long as nothing goes 'pop' en'route.
The part that confuses me is, there is no haz-mat fees on loaded ammo. Makes no sense to me.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
The part that confuses me is, there is no haz-mat fees on loaded ammo. Makes no sense to me.
My best guess is that a cartridge is a fairly safe item. Unless it is subjected to fire, it pretty much will not go off. Or the rare chance that a primer is struck with enough force to go off. Powder especially is just a plastic jug which could easily be punctured or split. Primers I do not see the issue really. They too would need fire or some other form of high heat to be set off. Just another way to make money.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #195
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Anybody in here got a couple thousand small rifle primers i can buy?
My LGS had about 500 in stock yesterday. I'll go by tomorrow and see if they have any.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #196
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My best guess is that a cartridge is a fairly safe item. Unless it is subjected to fire, it pretty much will not go off. Or the rare chance that a primer is struck with enough force to go off. Powder especially is just a plastic jug which could easily be punctured or split. Primers I do not see the issue really. They too would need fire or some other form of high heat to be set off. Just another way to make money.

Yeah, I'm thinking your last sentence is the real reason....
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #197
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LGS has 500 Small Rifle Primers in stock. $3.65/100. Anyone want them?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
LGS has 500 Small Rifle Primers in stock. $3.65/100. Anyone want them?
Would they happen to have any magnum small pistol primers?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #199

Quote:
Would they happen to have any magnum small pistol primers?
Nope. I was looking for LPPs, but they only had SRPs
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #200
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
What powder do yall recommend I'm going to be reloading 300 win mag 180 grain