Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

help me choose a dog

Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #21
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
thanks for the info, i'll make sure to look into that.

that's a beautiful dog.

Thank you! I'll get some more pics up when on my comp, not my phone...

Ps, I made edits above...
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
x2 or a belgium malinois
x2 for a belgium malinois
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
German Shepherd no contest
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #25
Roll Tide
screamineagle68w is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic 1-75 cav
Name: Kyle
screamineagle68w's Tacoma Gallery
Chesapeake bay retrievers..look em up
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #26
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
<---oh yeah my dog can read
Yeah, he 'reads' that mag for the articles and insightful journalism...does it gave jokes on the back of the centerfold?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #27
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
Yeah, he 'reads' that mag for the articles and insightful journalism...does it gave jokes on the back of the centerfold?
HAHAHA....gotta ask him..
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #28
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds right to me. You can get labs to break that habit of flushing just takes time.
When I read the post I thought you wanted a dog to flush and not point. Kind of puzzled me. But now I realize I read that wrong lol.
I know gsps are definitely not easier than a lab. But a mix would be interesting and hard to find!!!! If that's your choice you will have to stay in constant contact with breeders and probably buy before breed.
Just thought of an awsome idea. Buy a Gsp then breed with your lab!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
Sounds right to me. You can get labs to break that habit of flushing just takes time.
good to know
When I read the post I thought you wanted a dog to flush and not point. Kind of puzzled me. But now I realize I read that wrong lol.
I know gsps are definitely not easier than a lab. But a mix would be interesting and hard to find!!!! i'll talk to my cousin and see if the lady he got his from has any moreIf that's your choice you will have to stay in constant contact with breeders and probably buy before breed.
Just thought of an awsome idea. Buy a Gsp then breed with your lab!
now that's tempting.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #30
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I would vote for a Weim, but they def don't like cold weather. Ever considered a Spaniel of some sort? I used to have a springer spaniel mix that was a great dog
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #31
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
I would vote for a Weim, but they def don't like cold weather. Ever considered a Spaniel of some sort? I used to have a springer spaniel mix that was a great dog
nope, i'll do some research on them, thanks for the recommendation.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #32
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamineagle68w View Post
Awsome dogs.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #33
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamineagle68w View Post
didn't see your post till now, i googled them and they're awesome dogs,
the only thing that bugs me about them is this, "Many Labs–which are wonderful dogs, by the way–will often frolic and play and try to be everyone’s best friend. Not so the Chessie. Although there are exceptions, they are probably more likely to be more reserved or standoffish among strangers."

EDIT: also this "Training a Chesapeake can be challenging."
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #34
donson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
donson6's Tacoma Gallery
Rescue a Pit Bull....real good dogs....that get a bad rap.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #35
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by donson6 View Post
Rescue a Pit Bull....real good dogs....that get a bad rap.
pit bull would be almost, if not completely useless for hunting, wold it not?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #36
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomagirl02 View Post
What about getting another lab? I have 2 and they are the best, or are you wanting a diff breed of dog?
I would get a second lab. However, I would wait until your 10mo old has the routine down-house broken, behaved, etc. Maybe 1 to 1-1/2 before getting the second? That's what I think though others may have different opinions.

My lab is 100lbs now. If he takes off on the leash, it can be quite a jolt. Multiply that by 2 and you'll understand why it's better to get one under control-the other cool thing is the older dog will help "train" the younger one.

I won't swear to this but I also think dogs of the same young age are more likely to get into stuff as well. The older dog should keep the younger one in check-or so I'm told

Chocolate labs are the best. I'd get another or maybe a yellow

Good luck!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #37
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I would get a second lab. However, I would wait until your 10mo old has the routine down-house broken, behaved, etc. he's pretty much trained, he sits, stays,when we let him in the house he go's straight to his bed unless told otherwise, the only thing we haven't trained him to do is give
Maybe 1 to 1-1/2 before getting the second? That's what I think though others may have different opinions.

My lab is 100lbs now. If he takes off on the leash, it can be quite a jolt. Multiply that by 2 and you'll understand why it's better to get one under control-the other cool thing is the older dog will help "train" the younger one.

I won't swear to this but I also think dogs of the same young age are more likely to get into stuff as well. The older dog should keep the younger one in check-or so I'm told

Chocolate labs are the best. I'd get another or maybe a yellow

Good luck!
i'm not sure what we'll do yet but hopefully we'll get it figured out in a month or so.

beautiful dog by the way.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #38
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
German. Longer haired. I'm bias

Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #39
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
German. Longer haired. I'm bias

dang that's pretty.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #40
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Ill fill 1/2 a page for you,We have had Vizsla's for 20 years ,been breeding for 12 years, I breed for 2 sided dog,,, dogs can get by in the show ring but shine in the woods,I field trial and hunt mine. Finding the right breeder is the trick Then the dog is EZ..