Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

help me choose a dog

Old 06-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #81
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
Seen you had some pictures of him chilling in the kiddie pool. Is he swimming yet? My dog loves to get in the water but won't swim!!!! Any helpful tips?
Riley loves to retrieve. That's what worked for him.

So a ball or something your pup likes to retrieve in some shallow water (up to the belly or so) and progressing to deeper water might help.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #82
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
Seen you had some pictures of him chilling in the kiddie pool. Is he swimming yet? My dog loves to get in the water but won't swim!!!! Any helpful tips?
i haven't had time to clean, patch, and fill up our big pool so sadly he hasn't been in anything deeper then the kiddie pool.
we taught our chocolate lab to swim by getting in the pool and someone handing us him and we'd hold him until he was comfortable with water then we let him go to see if he could swim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Riley loves to retrieve. That's what worked for him.

So a ball or something your pup likes to retrieve in some shallow water (up to the belly or so) and progressing to deeper water might help.
this is how i got ruger in the water.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #83
Hailstate!
chart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force:
Name: Cody
chart92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
APBT was originally bred for hunting, they would hunt bear and wild boar. To this day still make great boar hunting dogs, a game bred APBT not a short stocky 90lb back yard bred bully. Big difference.
I know you posted this awhile back, but felt it would be nice to let some more light shine on the pit.
My grandfather had four of them for hunting coons. All of them slept in the room with him and grandma. I always found comical when at the end of a long day of hunting if he didn't find all of them he would lay down his jacket/shirt and wait till the next morning and the dog would be laying on top of the piece of clothing. Smart smart dogs, but like every other breed depends on how they're raised and when you get them.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #84
Hailstate!
chart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force:
Name: Cody
chart92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
thanks guys, my sister is bringing him home tomorrow, i decided to name him ruger.

You have a really cute pup though. My wife and I are getting our lab/mastiff back after a year of letting her go. Going to be so nice to have 80Ibs mutt in my arms after she tramples me.