Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What have you bought in the last 48 hours gun related?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #41
pequeno keeblero
El Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
El Taco Sucio's Tacoma Gallery
Just recently a woman shot an intruder in the face and neck 5 times. He stopped but lived. If there had been two intruders things may have been much different. I'll take my trusty Sig .40 over a .38 any day, even with Ca's dumb 10 round cap, it's still 5 rounds more than the .38.
BTW.. That Sig 2022 is a great gun.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #42
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
True... but my wife's lasagne is more effective than a missed .45 shot

Last resort? Maybe... I'd reach for an NAA revolver before reaching for a knife, but....
Yeah, I meant if that's all I had. The only pistol I own is a .22. I don't plan to carry it very often if at all but I'd trust it to get the job done if necessary (hopefully it will never come to that). If I were to buy a pistol just to carry, I'd go with a larger caliber pistol.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #43
pequeno keeblero
El Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Taco Sucio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i don't care what caliber you have...adrenaline can do funny things to people

took 5 .38 rounds to the face and is expected to survive
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06...est=latestnews

In this case, allegedly the victim took several .45 rounds to the torso and then proceeded to beat the snot out of the suspect and shoot him with his own gun...
http://www.wistv.com/story/20464085/...ng-outside-bar
You beat me to it. As far as the guy that got shot with the .45, he only got shot once. In a self defense scenario you shoot until the threat stops.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #44
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
bought this for my 870

and a couple of these
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #45
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Taco Sucio View Post
You beat me to it. As far as the guy that got shot with the .45, he only got shot once. In a self defense scenario you shoot until the threat stops.
the .45 case...the victim was shot 5 times...proceeded to beat the shooter and take his gun and shoot him in the leg once...then died on the way to the hospital...point being that even 5 .45 rounds isnt an insta-threat stopper
Old 01-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #46
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bought some 3" #2 steel shot for duck hunting this morning. Its the first time ive been, it was a blast
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #47
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
need to buy 22lr, everywhere I go they are sold out!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #48
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

with that being said...i bought 100 rounds of .44mag, 50 rounds of .40, 50 of .45 and 40 of 12ga rifled slugs
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #50
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Video a couple of years ago where a jewelry store owner shot two robbers.
Both were able to escape the store... one had a severed spine.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #51
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
as a non handgun owner, i would like some advice from yall about what i should get for some under the pillow protection? i have shotguns and rifles, just never owned a handgun. something light with little recoil..
Until you decide on a handgun. You may already know this but........ in a home defense situation your best bet is to call 911 hunker down with .12 Gauge loaded with some 00 buck. Also look into the Glock 30 .45 auto it's very popular in the law enforcement community. If you can handle the kick of a .12 gauge you can handle a Glock 30. Then practice often.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #52
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Taco View Post
Until you decide on a handgun. You may already know this but........ in a home defense situation your best bet is to call 911 hunker down with .12 Gauge loaded with some 00 buck. Also look into the Glock 30 .45 auto it's very popular in the law enforcement community. Then practice often.
I got talking to one of the MA Firearms Safety Course instructors and they suggested having the first shell be birdshot, then follow up shells be buckshot. Following the whole thing about adrenaline, the bird shot makes sense, wider spread for a first shot
Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #53
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
100 rounds of .40
Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #54
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I got talking to one of the MA Firearms Safety Course instructors and they suggested having the first shell be birdshot, then follow up shells be buckshot. Following the whole thing about adrenaline, the bird shot makes sense, wider spread for a first shot
Does make sense... especially with an improved choke installed and at close range.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #55
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Pearce Grips Extension for my XDm. Didn't even really want it, but Amazon was forcing me to add something to my cart to complete my order. I had an "add on only" item. Don't mind :-)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #56
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That is an instructor that I would no longer listen to.
I hope you didn't pay for his class.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #57
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
That is an instructor that I would no longer listen to.
I hope you didn't pay for his class.
x2...no staggering round here...it's buckshot or slugs...not a mix

i don't trust birdshot for anything but dicking around
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #58
pequeno keeblero
Quote:
the .45 case...the victim was shot 5 times...proceeded to beat the shooter and take his gun and shoot him in the leg once...then died on the way to the hospital...point being that even 5 .45 rounds isnt an insta-threat stopper
Ah.. somehow missed that. Wonder if it was ball ammo or hollow point. I agree with your statement and that is why I want to stay towards the larger calibers available and have as many rounds as possible.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #59
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2...no staggering round here...it's buckshot or slugs...not a mix

i don't trust birdshot for anything but dicking around
Buckshot and Slugs work great if you don't ever have to worry about over penetration. In a home with two kids, I worry about it. I don't want to have to think about where I am aiming. Unfortunately my house in laid out in a way that isn't the best for me confronting an intruder.

I load 2x #4, then several 00.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #60
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a U-Haul rental truck so I can move my happy ass from the nanny liberal hippie state of Califuckistan to the battle born state of Nevada on Saturday where I will swim in a pool of unlimited 30 round AR magazines!

Merica!