Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What have you bought in the last 48 hours gun related?

Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #661
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery

Picked this up for $67 at some thrift store today. Not a bad find if I say so myself. Just keeps everything together at my place at college and keeps friends who are over that don't know how to handle guns from doing anything stupid.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #662
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post

Picked this up for $67 at some thrift store today. Not a bad find if I say so myself. Just keeps everything together at my place at college and keeps friends who are over that don't know how to handle guns from doing anything stupid.
nice AAC poster!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #663
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
nice AAC poster!
Thanks! I have the sticker on my laptop to maximize my offensiveness in class and at the library.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #664
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

right on, i just submitted my paperwork a month or so ago for a 7.62snd-6 for my 300 blackout!.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #665
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a 100rds of 62gr .223 for $.50 a rd and 50rds of 185gr 45acp, thought id give the light grain 45acp ammo a try versus the 230gr that i usually shoot need to pick up some 185gr +p here soon too.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #666
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
This is off topic but I had a question for some of you in CA. I currently live in Arkansas but will be moving back to California in the near future. I bought some guns while in Arkansas. Glock 19 Gen 4, Springfield XDs and an M&P Shield. All of these handguns I'm pretty sure are not legal to buy in California. But since I bought them legal in Arkansas am I ok to have them in California or is it a no no?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #667
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
supposed to be picking up an AR15 lower tonight for 115$

looks like this

Old 04-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #668
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
This is off topic but I had a question for some of you in CA. I currently live in Arkansas but will be moving back to California in the near future. I bought some guns while in Arkansas. Glock 19 Gen 4, Springfield XDs and an M&P Shield. All of these handguns I'm pretty sure are not legal to buy in California. But since I bought them legal in Arkansas am I ok to have them in California or is it a no no?
I'm thinking Rich will be able to answer this for you
Old 04-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #669
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
I'm thinking Rich will be able to answer this for you
this ^^^
Quote:
i think the glock is legal, and the XD's, unless you have the XDM.
not sure on the shield.

personally, my attitude would be, guns? i don't own any guns.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #670

i can almost guarantee if they are illegal if they hold more then ten rounds, whether you owned them before the ban in arkansas or not. wikipedia has some stuff on it. ... then again it's just wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_California
Old 04-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #671
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i can almost guarantee if they are illegal if they hold more then ten rounds, whether you owned them before the ban in arkansas or not. wikipedia has some stuff on it. ... then again it's just wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_California
forgot to mention this, you have to block current mags to 10 or less, or buy 10 rounders.
normally i'd say disassemble the "high" capacity and you can keep them in state, but theres a bill currently up that would make that illegal.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #672

just dont move to california. it's nothing but hippies and people like me =x
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #673
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
NIB Ruger 10/22 Charger and two BX-25 mags
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #674
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just dont move to california. it's nothing but hippies and people like me =x
Haha i'm from San Diego and so is my wife. I'm not sure if i'm going to reenlist or not but if i don't were going to move back there. If it wasn't for all of our family there and the fact San Diego is one of the nicest cities in the US I probably wouldn't be going back. I know my magazines over 10 rounds will be illegal but I have heard gen 4 Glocks are only available to LEO's in CA and some other nonsense.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #675
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
] and the fact San Diego is one of the nicest cities in the US
when was the last time you were out there?

I probably wouldn't be going back. I know my magazines over 10 rounds will be illegal but I have heard gen 4 Glocks are only available to LEO's in CA and some other nonsense.
i'm not sure on the gen 4's, i don't keep current with the glock stuff.

you will find a lot of nonsense CA, it seems to be standard issue.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #677
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Couple of issues:
1 - If any have threaded barrels, it is classified as an assault weapon. Buy a non-threaded barrel before bringing it into the state.

2 - Any magazines that are larger than 10 rounds can not be brought into the state. You can (for now) legally permanently block them to 10rds. Most common method is to epoxy a couple of shims to the sides that stop the follower before the 11th round can be fitted, but one of the nannies is trying to pass a bill that will make conversions illegal to possess.

3 - You will need to declare and register handguns as a new resident. $19 per gun, simple mail-in form. No declaration or registration on long guns until Jan 2014.

If you have any AR or AK pattern rifles, it gets a lot stickier, but it is still possible to have them as long as they are not on the banned list, and as long as they are equipped with a magazine lock.

Here's some late night reading material....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf flowchart.pdf (1.35 MB, 18 views)
File Type: pdf hgflowchart.pdf (491.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf sgflowchart.pdf (446.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf OCBulletButton.pdf (2.79 MB, 16 views)
File Type: pdf Sacramento-PD-OLL_Training_Bulletin-2008-11-18.pdf (216.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #678
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
i think the glock is legal, and the XD's, unless you have the XDM.
not sure on the shield.
Not illegal to import, own, or even to sell to another person.

The California Safe Handgun Roster applies to dealer purchases/transfers.
It does not "ban" the gun. It is legal to import as a new resident, and it is also legal to sell to someone else as a private party transaction.

There are all kinds of ways around the roster.
It is legally possible for me to purchase a new XDm if it is supplied with 10rd magazines. There are a number of exemptions for the roster, including LEO purchases, as well as dimensionally compliant single shot or single action exemptions.

To import a non-compliant XDm, all that is needed is for it to be fitted with a barrel that brings the OAL to 10", and for the magazine to be replaced with a zero-round sled that is locked in using a method that requires a separate tool to remove.

Once the buyer has completed the 10 day wait and takes possession, it is legal to modify the gun to it's original configuration.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #679

Quote:
I have heard gen 4 Glocks are only available to LEO's in CA and some other nonsense.
That's because they aren't on the roster.

I can't walk into Turners and buy a Gen-4 or XDm, but you can bring one with you from out of state. They are not illegal to own.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #680
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
You guys and your "rules".

Magpul.... MS3 Sling, Rail sling adapter, Ambi rear sling adapter, and an off brand rifle case. I love amazon...they make it so easy.