Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What have you bought in the last 48 hours gun related?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #1001
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56 View Post
Both of my suppressors should be approved in a week or so. SDN-6 and an Osprey 45.
How long ago did you send in your paperwork?
Old 08-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #1002
719bloodhound is on a distinguished road
719bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
bought an xds 45 last saturday and sent it back to springfield on wednesday cause it wouldnt fully chamber a round. not to happy be a glock guy but what can you do
Old 08-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #1003
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Haha,uh....no. The Kimber is dead on,with any ammo,and cost twice as much. Maybe its the snuff habit and the Kimber is heavier,keeping me steady.
My father has a Kimber 1911 CDP II. I love the quality of those pistols. They shoot excellent and look amazing. I will some day buy myself one.

I've shot an XDM in 9mm before and was pretty consistent with it. I put 50 rounds (my first box) into a 6" diameter circle at 10 yards with my XDM in .45ACP. I'm hoping that with more practice I can cut that grouping down to a 3" diameter circle like my 1911 groups. That same day, I put my first magazine into the same hole (all bullet holes touching) with my 1911 at 10 yards (I was pretty proud of that, and I even had witnesses )

It is possible that you just got a bad barrel with your XDM. Manufacturing defects like that are really rare, but they do happen. I'll bet you could have sent it back and got a replacement. Anyways, no matter. I'm sure you are happy and accurate with your Kimber; and in a concealed carry world, that is all that really matters.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #1004
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
I wish I could get a suppressor, but I live in a blue, pussified nanny state.
Haha. That's too funny. Too bad it's true...

I'm on my phone so I don't even know what state you are in.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #1005
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a frontline IWB holster from Israel for my Baby Desert Eagle.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #1006
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719bloodhound View Post
bought an xds 45 last saturday and sent it back to springfield on wednesday cause it wouldnt fully chamber a round. not to happy be a glock guy but what can you do
I've noticed with my XDs you can't dick around with the slide. Pull it back and let it snap back into place. Trying to "ease" it in there isn't going to return it to full battery. From what I've read this is very common, almost as if thats how it was designed.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #1007
that is what they are telling, me but mine destroys the rim of the case before it will go into full battery
Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #1008
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that is what they are telling, me but mine destroys the rim of the case before it will go into full battery
WWB?

I had nothing but problems with Winchester White Box 100rd value packs.
Maybe 5 rounds out of every box would jam it hard.
The edge of the casing would catch on the feedramp and it would pull it back like a hangnail and jam.

I went through the boxes and found a large percentage of the cases had a bit of a "lip" that you could feel... like the case had not been properly sized or crimped when assembled.
If I tossed the rounds that I could feel a lip, I had no malfunctions.

I never had a problem with any Speer JHP feeding reliably, and so far, haven't had any issues with WWB 50-packs.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #1009
I have one box of wwb did it with my hornady critical defense also and same thing with federal it should not be this hard to operate none of my blocks or my s&w m&p9c has ever had a hic up just think it was kind of weird that I couldnt even shoot my new carry piece
Old 08-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #1010
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya, if it's happening with other brands there's a problem with the feedramp.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #1011
i think the something is up with the extractor that is what is damaging the case feeds fine it is just about 1/8" from going into full battery
Old 08-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1012

Quote:
i think the something is up with the extractor that is what is damaging the case feeds fine it is just about 1/8" from going into full battery
Ahh... just realized yours is getting messed up at the base of the casing.

Mine was peeling back at the edge of the bullet and jamming at an angle on the feedramp.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #1013
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
XDS 9mm. Hope to try it out this weekend.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #1014
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my extended slide lock, extended slide stop and smooth faced trigger today.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 AM   #1015
Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
yesterday i bought 200 rd of 9mm and ordered a GSG 1911-22.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #1016
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I've noticed with my XDs you can't dick around with the slide. Pull it back and let it snap back into place. Trying to "ease" it in there isn't going to return it to full battery. From what I've read this is very common, almost as if thats how it was designed.
I have noticed this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
XDS 9mm. Hope to try it out this weekend.
I have had mine for a few months and like it a lot. Conceals very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Installed my extended slide lock, extended slide stop and smooth faced trigger today.

Nice. I just sold one of my G19 Gen4's last night.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #1017
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr04 View Post
I have noticed this as well.

I have had mine for a few months and like it a lot. Conceals very well.

Nice. I just sold one of my G19 Gen4's last night.
I'm not the, "this gun is phenominal and better than all others!" or the "that gun is the worst thing in the world." type, but at risk of sounding like a fanboy, I can honestly say that I don't shoot much else since I got this thing.

I like lots and lots of guns, but I just find myself always choosing to pick this one up, for daily carry and when I go shooting out at our land. I'm enjoying it a little too much, and I like that in a gun
Old 08-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #1018
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
AAC M4-2000 suppressor.
About to get a suppressor myself.

How long was your wait?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #1019
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I found a cz 82 mag for 20$ in the local gun shop's box of old mystery mags

Anyone else have gunshops they go ton with the big box of magazines (or holsters)?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #1020
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a new howa 1500 in 30-06.

Products Discussed in this Thread