Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What have you bought in the last 48 hours gun related?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #1201
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmahoney85 View Post
10 Gen 3 Pmags and an Aimpoint PRO for my BCM
I just pulled the trigger on the Aimpoint PRO for my new AR and I love it so far.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #1202
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Any experience here with the Ruger sr22? 9mm is getting spendy to shoot with the lady and little bro all the time. Would just get a Mk II but kind of looking for something easier to break down for the aforementioned peoples.
I have the SR22 and so far I like it. My only gripe with it has been the magazines. I don't know if the follower is getting hung up or what but every so often I'd get a failure to feed. It happened once or twice in 150 rounds so it's not overly common. I recently purchased Galloway Precision followers that allow me to hold 13 rounds instead of 10 and they're supposedly slicker than stock so they won't hang up. I haven't shot it yet since I've installed those followers to see if it corrects the issue. Otherwise, it's a great little plinker, mine was pretty damn accurate right out of the box. It's easy to take down for cleaing also. I'd buy it again.

FWIW, my dad as the Ruger MKIII target so here's a comparison between the 2. I have never had a failure to feed with the MKIII. If everything feeds properly, both pistols seem to eat whatever you put in the magazine. The MKIII is quite a bit heavier and feels more stout in your hand. For fun target shooting though, I sort of like the lightweight feel of the SR22 (it's not like it has a lot of recoil where the extra weight helps you out). The SR22 feels more comfortable in my hand because of the way it's shaped. Hands down, the SR22 is easier to take apart for cleaning. Both are great firearms, can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
pugga has one.. I think he likes it.. hit him up.
Ears were burning up
Old 10-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #1203
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I have the SR22 and so far I like it. My only gripe with it has been the magazines. I don't know if the follower is getting hung up or what but every so often I'd get a failure to feed. It happened once or twice in 150 rounds so it's not overly common. I recently purchased Galloway Precision followers that allow me to hold 13 rounds instead of 10 and they're supposedly slicker than stock so they won't hang up. I haven't shot it yet since I've installed those followers to see if it corrects the issue. Otherwise, it's a great little plinker, mine was pretty damn accurate right out of the box. It's easy to take down for cleaing also. I'd buy it again.

FWIW, my dad as the Ruger MKIII target so here's a comparison between the 2. I have never had a failure to feed with the MKIII. If everything feeds properly, both pistols seem to eat whatever you put in the magazine. The MKIII is quite a bit heavier and feels more stout in your hand. For fun target shooting though, I sort of like the lightweight feel of the SR22 (it's not like it has a lot of recoil where the extra weight helps you out). The SR22 feels more comfortable in my hand because of the way it's shaped. Hands down, the SR22 is easier to take apart for cleaning. Both are great firearms, can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.

Ears were burning up
Thanks for that, man. As soon as I'm back in South Dakota (probably this weekend) I'm going to try and pick one up. I'm stoked to start plinking 22lr and not have anxiety as hundreds of dollars go down range . . . ha
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #1204
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I found 2 bricks of .22 ammo today
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #1205
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That thing is sweet! Im about to join the 10/22 club soon i think.
If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose to get (at least soon) a 10/22 over the Marlin 795?
I would like to get one of these within the next few months and I am just trying to weigh pros and cons of each and would love some opinions from those who have either gun!
Right now I am leaning towards the Marlin, because to my understanding it is a little cheaper. This will be my first firearm, and I feel like these are good intro guns where I can get my barring, practice shooting, and see what I like.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #1206
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the plan would be to get it for my 10 yr old son and I to build.. I would chose the 10/22 strictly due to the aftermarket support available so we can chose parts to add as we go along.

I have a marlin bolt action that I learned to shoot on from my dad and love it.. great gun.
Thats good. I don't really plan on doing a ton of aftermarket stuff to it, besides a scope and maybe a boyds stock.. I think I (as long as it is something I like after getting the rifle) is to jump up in caliber to do some hunting with my brother. That at least is the goal for now...

Maybe I'll start a thread to see what people think.

Thanks for your input though! Much appreciated
Old 10-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #1207
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the plan would be to get it for my 10 yr old son and I to build.. I would chose the 10/22 strictly due to the aftermarket support available so we can chose parts to add as we go along. the 10/22 has a huge aftermarket following and you can buy so many options to make it what you want. from stocks, to barrels, to charging handles,.. just about whatever you want is available. I dont think the marlin can touch it in that category.

I have a marlin bolt action that I learned to shoot on from my dad and love it.. great gun.
Same thing here. Had my Marlin bolt action for 23 years. Wanted to get a semi but the 10/22 can not be beat for parts. Heck even the used market for 10/22's around here is greater than Marlins.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #1208
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I just received the latest set of custom grips from LB custom grips. I sent him a block of Lignum Vitae, the densest type of wood in the world, to make me some grips out of. This wood is so tough that it was used as the main shaft bearing on the first nuclear powered submarine. The color of the wood shifts with it's background from olive to deep rich brown. Take a look

Here are the grips on one of my 715-2 357's.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #1209
BillyVs is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
BillyVs's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a 22

Just not a 22 cal pistol but a competition Pardini. I shoot in Bullseye competition and the Pardini is a particularly good 22 for that purpose. It is very accurate.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #1210
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Magpul XTS enhanced rail panels and MBUS front sight. A few more parts and I can get to assembling my AR
Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #1211
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyVs View Post
Just not a 22 cal pistol but a competition Pardini. I shoot in Bullseye competition and the Pardini is a particularly good 22 for that purpose. It is very accurate.
Nice first post! Welcome to TW
Old 10-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #1212
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Today is the day. I'm back home in SD and I'm taking the little brother out to shoot the 10/22 and SR22. Pretty stoked
Old 10-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #1213
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up my first firearm, a Spikes Tactical AR15 (Carbine) with Magpul furniture.

De-greased it and lubed it with Froglube.

Don't have any pictures, but then went to the range and dialed it in at 100 yd 0.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #1214
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Today is the day. I'm back home in SD and I'm taking the little brother out to shoot the 10/22 and SR22. Pretty stoked
Just ordered a 10/22 Friday on my way home from work. Now the wait begins.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #1215
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a box of 6.8spc this wknd at Academy in Sprinfield Mo
Old 10-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #1216
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a couple of boxes of 45 Long colt from the local shop, and ordered some 360 grain 45LC from Doubletap ammo.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1217
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
Bought a couple of boxes of 45 Long colt from the local shop, and ordered some 360 grain 45LC from Doubletap ammo.
I hate buying .45 lc ammo, the stuff costs too much....it is actually what got me to reload.

I bought 2 boxes of norinco 9x18 makarov ammo and a box of 9x18 hornady custom XTPs
Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #1218
Reeves is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/16
Reeves's Tacoma Gallery
Savage mark 2 gxp and a brick of cci
Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #1219

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I hate buying .45 lc ammo, the stuff costs too much....it is actually what got me to reload.

I bought 2 boxes of norinco 9x18 makarov ammo and a box of 9x18 hornady custom XTPs
It's pretty pricey. I was able to find 255 gr plated with starline brass though. 50 rounds for $28 at freedom munitions. The double tap stuff was closer to a buck a round.

And yeah, I picked up a set of dies while I was out today.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #1220

May or may not be picking up a Mosin Nagant . . . Don't need, but want . . . haha

Products Discussed in this Thread