Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Don't mess with Mama

Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #21
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
also this is why we should not ban high cap mags. even thou she had a revolver some people may have a glock or XD or something. What if there was 2 bad guys and she had a xd or glock and shot one guy more than 6 times she may not be able to shoot the other guy.

Also caliber of a gun DOES play a roll in how many times you may have to shoot someone and how bad there injuries will be. For instance a 45 as a hell of a lot more knock down power and energy than say a 9mm and many other hand gun calibers. a 45 will also put a lot bigger hole and cause more damage than a 9mm. or hell even a .40.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #22
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
also this is why we should not ban high cap mags. even thou she had a revolver some people may have a glock or XD or something. What if there was 2 bad guys and she had a xd or glock and shot one guy more than 6 times she may not be able to shoot the other guy.

Also caliber of a gun DOES play a roll in how many times you may have to shoot someone and how bad there injuries will be. For instance a 45 as a hell of a lot more knock down power and energy than say a 9mm and many other hand gun calibers. a 45 will also put a lot bigger hole and cause more damage than a 9mm. or hell even a .40.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #23
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
How can he still function and walk around? Makes me wonder how many rounds it would take to stop a perp...
...that's just it, ...there is no definitive answer, ...the number of variables is astounding, ...that's why folks w/ training understand that:

1) "stopping power" is pretty much B.S. in the general sense
2) aim for center-mass or the "occular cavity" (eyes, nose area)
3) terminal ballistics is not linear science...

...i like "capacity", ...i'd rather have more rounds than i "think" i'll need, than vice-versa
Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #24
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt (Retired)
Name: Ken
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt he took 5 bullets to the head and neck. Probably had 5 separate wounds due to fragmentation.

Still, good on mama! Perfect example of using a firearm to defend your family.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #25
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
How can he still function and walk around? Makes me wonder how many rounds it would take to stop a perp...
I can tell you if I put 5 rounds with my .45 and ammo that I carry into your head you will not be walking out of the house.

Good for this mom. I'd make and give her a trophy I I lives close to her.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Good for her!