LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

best site for AR parts (lowers)

Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb best site for AR parts (lowers)

well gents, i suppose its about time I enter myself into the AR craze now that everything is just un-godly expensive. so, a couple questions for the pros:

what is a good, reputable site that i can start to get my good, reputable, CA compliant lower. i just want a lower for now so i can build as information and cash become more available. this cuts into my truck funds

I am the tinkering type but am debating on whether or not to get a stripped lower and throw in aftermarket parts, or just say f it and get one complete to make this process a whole lot simpler. i have never built one of these and am so-far overwhelmed by the amount of manufacturers out there, how do i seperate the good stuff from the crappy stuff?

i am getting into this thinking that i will build nothing short of a mid-length, slick-shooting machine without much regard to cost as i am building on my own time.

another thing that is confusing me right now is that a coworker mentioned that i need to be careful in choosing between mil-spec and non mil-spec parts. . . . pros, cons, any information on that?

i know this is a tall order but any insight at all would be much appreciated. thanks guys
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
lowers r the hard thing to find right now. Palmetto state armory has some good stuff when its in stock. Bravo company is the same. Midway USA is good for just about everything. im sure others will post up more

and you have the option between mil spec and commercial. you shouldnt mix the two. They are machines to different specs. so pick one and stick with it. i went mil spec.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

is mil-spec much more expensive? and does that apply to just main functioning parts or does it go as far as grips, stocks, rails, etc?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
is mil-spec much more expensive? and does that apply to just main functioning parts or does it go as far as grips, stocks, rails, etc?
Same price. Goes for most of the parts.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
drinking whats on sale

ok awesome, that just solved a bunch of problems lol
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #6

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
ok awesome, that just solved a bunch of problems lol
Yup. Just keep it all mil spec and u will be fine.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Bravo Company
Palmetto State Armory
Midway USA
Brownells

Those are the places I shop regularly...however there are a million and 1 sites out there that carry stuff

With the recent panic...I've also browsed lesser known sites but can't recall them offhand
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #8
fritzthecat will become famous soon enough

Navy:
fritzthecat's Tacoma Gallery
and go to
http://www.ar15.com
to read up on the AR. Lots of good tech info but the General Discussion is infested with A**^@les.

Fritz
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
cheaterpipe is on a distinguished road
cheaterpipe's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=121

Put your e-mail on the notify list.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Daniel defense is good as well
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
drinking whats on sale

right on guys i really appreciate this alot
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
ssmith29440 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
ssmith29440's Tacoma Gallery
most all ar manufacturers are using parts to build their guns with the huge demand. individual parts are hard to come by. most everything is backordered for months. keep looking . good luck.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #14
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for future insight cause, like the op, I had the same questions.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #15
drewgodfrey is on a distinguished road

Name: drew
drewgodfrey's Tacoma Gallery
If your close to fountain valley, there's a gun store rifle gear. Fair price and really cool people to get ar parts from
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 AM   #16

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgodfrey View Post
If your close to fountain valley, there's a gun store rifle gear. Fair price and really cool people to get ar parts from
I ordered a bunch of stuff from them. They r really good and nice to deal with.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I keep looking for places around in my area and every where is out of stock. Guess it's too late to get one now unless I spend $1500 or more.