Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

...A Case for Armed Response to Home Invasion...

Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp1 View Post
It applies if you are in your car as well.
That sounds reasonable...I believe in Connecticut, we are obliged to "flee" when in public
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip4x4Sport View Post
So you are saying that in a worst case scenario where you need buckshot you are going to have time to take two shots before he takes even one shot?
Nope. First of all I live in an area where that type of event is unlikely at best (I know, plan for the worst hope for the best, well I'm not an extremist). Secondly, there's nothing saying birdshot won't take someones life. Close range, it can do plenty of damage. Lastly, if I surprise him with the first shot, I understand he might able to retaliate but the risk is no greater than shooting at someone with a handgun and missing. At least the bird shot will make contact unless you're a really horrible shot.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
who else has thought this scenario thru? Think you're ready to kill? I don't think I'd have any issues putting down an invader, but who knows when the moment comes. So you end up killing the perp, now what? Call the police, open yourself up to lawsuits from the perp's family, "oh Johnny was good boy, he wouldn't have hurt anyone," risk prison time for defending yourself, proving your deadly force was warranted.....or do you bury the dog and go back to bed. I'm sure he didn't tell anyone where he was off to that night, right? You're not going to tell right?

To avoid the above, maybe you go with non-lethal rounds. Put'em down (hopefully) then cuff'em and call 911. Ever see those beanbags fly? Not very accurate. Do you want to be shooting beanbags, when he's shooting .40 cal back at you? How about a taser? Maybe, if private citizens could own the same hi-powered units the police have.

Does your state have a Castle Law? (you have the right to defend your home) In some states, you are required to run away...yeah, I know, pretty screwed up.

Lots to think about. However, when the shit hits the fan, and you find a perp threatening you and your family at 3am, you need to act fast. Is it you or him who will walk away, that's what it comes down to.

Stay safe, people
i have thought it thru many times. i think if someone broke in i could take their life. but like it said who knows till the time comes.

Thank fully we have a Castle law here. it also covers the car/vehicle not just the home.

I also feel that if someone brakes in a home in the evening/night they should know damn well that the chance of someone being home is very very high! IMHO if they still brake in they know that someone is most likely home and donít care to hurt them, hell maybe thats why they are there in the first place is to hurt someone.

if it is just the middle of the day and you are home sick or something, maybe it would be best to yell out something or just point the gun at them and if they advance shoot if they flee great call the cops. at night you may want to play it out a little differently.