Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

...A Case for Armed Response to Home Invasion...

Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...A Case for Armed Response to Home Invasion...

...yes, thugs are that ruthless... better to have and not need than vice-versa...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...urglary/nTmk3/
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
So enraging...it still amazes me that some people believe home invaders aren't capable of this kind of behavior. Just one of the reasons I will always have a firearm for defense as compared with just a phone to dial 911.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
She should have set the alarm and loaded the shotgun.....that's what my wife did when she was in that situation. Luckily the guy left but she was sitting there ready to spray first and ask questions later!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWhite13 View Post
So enraging...it still amazes me that some people believe home invaders aren't capable of this kind of behavior. Just one of the reasons I will always have a firearm for defense as compared with just a phone to dial 911.
yup.. better to have a 1911 than a 911... see what I did there...
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
So, when hooded men ring your doorbell after midnight, the normal person turns on the alarm and goes back to bed?

Armed response or not, something's not right here.

I'm a big dude, and I have firearms, but if hooded men ring my doorbell after midnight, there's no way I'm NOT calling the cops as I chamber a round.

Still, glad she's alive.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #7
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
who else has thought this scenario thru? Think you're ready to kill? I don't think I'd have any issues putting down an invader, but who knows when the moment comes. So you end up killing the perp, now what? Call the police, open yourself up to lawsuits from the perp's family, "oh Johnny was good boy, he wouldn't have hurt anyone," risk prison time for defending yourself, proving your deadly force was warranted.....or do you bury the dog and go back to bed. I'm sure he didn't tell anyone where he was off to that night, right? You're not going to tell right?

To avoid the above, maybe you go with non-lethal rounds. Put'em down (hopefully) then cuff'em and call 911. Ever see those beanbags fly? Not very accurate. Do you want to be shooting beanbags, when he's shooting .40 cal back at you? How about a taser? Maybe, if private citizens could own the same hi-powered units the police have.

Does your state have a Castle Law? (you have the right to defend your home) In some states, you are required to run away...yeah, I know, pretty screwed up.

Lots to think about. However, when the shit hits the fan, and you find a perp threatening you and your family at 3am, you need to act fast. Is it you or him who will walk away, that's what it comes down to.

Stay safe, people
Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of the first round being non lethal, followed by something with stopping power.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Name: luis
06sr5prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
this is something my wife does not understand when we talk about this. i want her to get educated on guns and take her shooting often for her to be comfortable and eventually carry at all times (chl). we had our first child in october and when im around packing heat all the time so i can protect my women but when im not my wife thinks that i should not worry about things like this. however it would tear me inside of aomething happened and i knew i couldnt do anything about it. at least if she starts packing and gets a good hang of a pistol for her it would bring peace of mind. somewhat
Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
I like the idea of the first round being non lethal, followed by something with stopping power.
Disagree. You break into my house, I kill you where you stand. I'm not risking anything with my wife and daughter in my house. I'm not going to be nice and offer the man or woman a drink after breaking in my house.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #11
DILIGAF
06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light06sr5prerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Disagree. You break into my house, I kill you where you stand. I'm not risking anything with my wife and daughter in my house. I'm not going to be nice and offer the man or woman a drink after breaking in my house.
got that right!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #12
DILIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
or one non lethal to put him down then beat the shit out of him before the lethal takes place :b
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #13
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
:wileyC:
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
a non lethal first round?

those rounds are "less lethal" because if used improperly they CAN kill

You should never shoot to warn, threaten, or injure...it's to STOP THE THREAT. and when you or your family has their lives on the line...you want to stop the threat as soon as possible...why waste time shooting rubber or bean bags? On top of that...so you shoot someone and they fall down...oooh you bought some handcuffs! have you ever speed cuffed anyone? do you know how? If you don't know what you're doing...you could be in serious trouble because now you are within reach of the dirtbag and putting yourself next to his hands.

Foolish decisions for the everyday homeowner/victim
Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
dizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddizzle01333246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dizzle01333246's Tacoma Gallery
I found a very interesting scientific study.
http://www.williamkwolfrum.com/2011/...insignificant/
Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
NC now has the castle law. If someone enters your house, it is assumed that they mean you harm. That's just common sense. It applies if you are in your car as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
1st round birdshot, subsequent rounds are 00 buckshot, at least that's my opinion on defending my home.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
Phlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Phlip4x4Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle01333246 View Post
I found a very interesting scientific study.
http://www.williamkwolfrum.com/2011/...insignificant/

Now that is funny! Thanks for the laugh!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
Phlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhlip4x4Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Phlip4x4Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
1st round birdshot, subsequent rounds are 00 buckshot, at least that's my opinion on defending my home.

So you are saying that in a worst case scenario where you need buckshot you are going to have time to take two shots before he takes even one shot?