Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Looking to purchase a revolver

Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #21
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post

I'd love to get a s&w...but ouch there expensive.

Paid $500 total for this 64 plus the same gun in blue (Model 10) at a gun show last year. Police trade ins. But yes, if you pay retail for a new 686 you're talking what - $700 or so? I sold the 10 for $250 to a friend, so I have $250 in this gun.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #22
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post

Paid $500 total for this 64 plus the same gun in blue (Model 10) at a gun show last year. Police trade ins. But yes, if you pay retail for a new 686 you're talking what - $700 or so? I sold the 10 for $250 to a friend, so I have $250 in this gun.
I have to agree about buying used. I have not bought a brand new gun in quite a while because I hate that initial loss in value. Get to know the ins and outs of the type of gun you want to buy and then start hitting the local gun shops. After you have made the rounds once or twice the shop owners should have a decent idea of what you are looking for and should be able to help you out. At least that is the way it works here in Texas. I have a shop that the owner will call me if he gets something in that he knows I'm interested in.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I have never bought a used gun.

Maybe next month when i go to the PA show ill buy something used.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #24
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i love mine
Attached Thumbnails
Looking to purchase a revolver-2012-07-22_18-45-04_983.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #25
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Good luck finding a deal at a gun show right now. I went to one earlier this month and almost fell over at the prices on everything. The possible Assault Weapon Ban has all gun prices shot up at gun shows.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #26
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Not the place id keep a loaded gun..haha
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #27
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Not the place id keep a loaded gun..haha
why not? Easy access!

I have a .357 with a long barrel on it. Its too long to fit in my console and way too big to cary. But I can hit a plate 55 yards away almost every shot.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #28

Why not? Have you forgotten where you balls are? I keep a loaded gun around 99% of the time and it is never pointed at my nuts.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
Why not? Have you forgotten where you balls are? I keep a loaded gun around 99% of the time and it is never pointed at my nuts.
It would of just knicked the leg. no biggie.
I never carry my gun anymore with going to college I never want to accidentally leave it in the truck.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #30

Yeah, nothing like knicking your leg with a .357 Magnum to get your attention. Gun safety is a 24/7 thing.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #31
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im more leaning towards a 4" barrel..but on the other hand, both my glocks are short barrel and im looking for something a bit bigger. To bad theres not a 5" barrel model.

I'd love to get a s&w...but ouch there expensive.
I love my 6'' gp, great gun and extremely fun to shoot. Plus if I run out of ammo I could use it as a club. I personally think the s&w's are over priced, they are no different than the rugers and you have to pay 100 bucks more for them.

They do make a 5'' but as stated before they are very hard to come by.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #32
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=MontanaTaco;6271505]I love my 6'' gp, great gun and extremely fun to shoot. Plus if I run out of ammo I could use it as a club. I personally think the s&w's are over priced, they are no different than the rugers and you have to pay 100 bucks more for them.

They do make a 5'' but as stated before they are very hard to come by.[/QUOTE
There is quite a difference.
Like comparing a Toyota to a BMW.
Some people just don't get or appreciate the differences.
Buy the SW...The difference in price will be maintained in the resale.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #33
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its kind of a gloomy day so maybe ill take a ride and fondle some more revolvers. I just put my permit in yesterday..they told me 3 months

Last time they said that, it was more like 3 weeks..lol
Yea they are backed up big time. NJ red tape has got to be one of the worst. Just be glad we don't live in CA.

Pretty sure Jlink has a 6" .357. I forget...been a while since I shot it.

Quote:

Used revolvers are great. Only a few items to check for wear and always dependable. My .38 SW is older then I am and shoots like it's brand new.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #34
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
There is quite a difference.
Do explain