Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

IWB Holster?

Old 03-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #41
Dr. Cornwallis is on a distinguished road
Dr. Cornwallis's Tacoma Gallery
I would highly recommend raven concealment or JM custom kydex. I would also recommend giving some serious consideration to appendix carry, it works well for a lot of people.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #42
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
What weapon are you concealing Matt? Sounds like maybe if you're a smaller body you may need a slimmer gun.
My rig from above can be worn against skin or over an undershirt and same with leather.

I'm carrying a Springfield armory xd subcompact .40s&w.
I'm really not a small guy I'm 5'10 and about 190. Just don't wanna be uncomfortable while driving and walking around. The belt holster is easy to conceal I'm just worried about in just a t shirt. My shirts would only cover half the gun that's why I'm looking for an iwb holster
Old 03-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #43
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trd View Post
Hey guys a few really dumb questions but I'm completely new to ccw. The iwb it puts the gun on the inside of your waste band making your pants fit tighter? I heard that leather holds in moisture making your gun rust overtime. I have a black hawk that I really like. the locking feature of it is very nice but it goes on my belt causing it to stick out so far it's pretty hard to conceal in just jeans and a t shift unless I wear a super huge shirt that gods down to my butt. Another thing is in the taco my gun sits right where I buckle my seat belt and its not comfortable at all. Any input would be great. A few very nice holsters here but I would love to try them out. Any major chains carry some of these holsters ? Sorry about the noob questions
Not if it is made out of horsehide. Horsehide wicks the moister away.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #44
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cornwallis View Post
I would highly recommend raven concealment or JM custom kydex. I would also recommend giving some serious consideration to appendix carry, it works well for a lot of people.
Yeah I've read that a lot lately and I can see it working well for standing and walking, but for prolonged sitting or in situation s where you need to kneel or squat????
I'd think it would dig in to the abdomen and thigh
Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #45
Dr. Cornwallis is on a distinguished road
Dr. Cornwallis's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of weather it digs into your abdomen or thigh is a function of holstered and gun. It will to an extent with any gun but then again, if you carry at 4 o'clock it will dig in when you sit down too. Appendix carry is also the fastest position when it comes to draw times.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #46
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Milt Sparks summer special.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #47
DSB4UA is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
DSB4UA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
i use an uncle mikes and a galco soft leather holster for my glock...love it
I'm with this guy, I have uncle Mikes in-the-pants holster for both my Springfield XD 45 and my sig 9mm, love them both. Not terribly expensive either, maybe 20-25 bux? Had a friend turn me on to them a year or two ago and I haven't looked back.