Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

IWB Holster?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
IWB Holster?

Hey guys, I am looking to pick up a comfortable inside the waistband holster for my M&P 40c. Does anyone have any experience with the supertuck holsters? I was looking at their website and it looks cool, but I think I would like to try it on before I drop $70 on it. Does anyone know of a store in Mass that has a good selection of holsters? Can anyone point me towards a holster that they prefer for concealed carry?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of people are going to recommend the supertuck or some version of it

Me personally I have a variety for each firearm i may carry...i don't own a supertuck

I typically use a soft blackhawk for my j-frame
Old 01-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
RangerNelson is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMS, FIRE, TECHNICAL RESCUE, AND "SPECIAL STUFF"
RangerNelson's Tacoma Gallery
I highly recommend the crossbreed supertuck.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
not a fan of the supertuck i'm afraid to say (yes i do own one, ...and yes the OP was asking for "opinions" )...

IMO, ...it's just kinda unnecessarily bulky, ...and w/ two attachment points, yes it helps stabilize it, but makes it very difficult to attach/detach in tight quarters, ...say in an automobile... also, i don't think there's a retention adjustment...

i go IWB w/ a tucker silent thunder, ...much better for the money
Old 01-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
I own two SuperTuck holster and a Minotaur but prefer the SuperTuck in horsehide. In my opinion they are very good at distributing the weight. It takes a little to break them in because of the nice thick leather used. I also highly recommend a Milt Spark's VM-II holster. That is what I use for my Colt 1911.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
I own two SuperTuck holster and a Minotaur but prefer the SuperTuck in horsehide. In my opinion they are very good at distributing the weight. It takes a little to break them in because of the nice thick leather used. I also highly recommend a Milt Spark's VM-II holster. That is what I use for my Colt 1911.
why did you go with the horsehide over cow?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz View Post
why did you go with the horsehide over cow?
Because of perspiration, horsehide is a more dense hide and repels moisture better.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
I have a theis holster. Pretty much the same thing as crossbreed. They have a lifetime warranty as well. Only took about 10 days to get vs. 30+ days with croaabreed and was $55. I have two and I am very pleased with them.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #11
StormTrooperTaco has a spectacular aura aboutStormTrooperTaco has a spectacular aura about
StormTrooperTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If your willing to wait "Milt Sparks" is basically the best IWB holster you can get. But 4-8 month lead time, they are custom made.

I have a minotaur, and most the other popular IWB, and the Milt Sparks is the fastest draw from IWB, It maintains its structure much better and is very comfortable.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #12
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
i use an uncle mikes and a galco soft leather holster for my glock...love it
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #13
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Been pretty happy with my Raven set-up. I do carry outside most of the time but I have carried inside. Thats another plus of the system, you can set it up how you like without having to buy another holster. Lots of options.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
Been pretty happy with my Raven set-up. I do carry outside most of the time but I have carried inside. Thats another plus of the system, you can set it up how you like without having to buy another holster. Lots of options.

Just ordered a raven a couple weeks ago. Should be here by the end of the month. Can't wait to try it out. I've always carried iwb.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #15
watermelon has a spectacular aura aboutwatermelon has a spectacular aura about

watermelon's Tacoma Gallery
I carry my sr9c in a supertuck and love it. Best holster I've ever had.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #16
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Shtfgear.com
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #17
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
Just ordered a raven a couple weeks ago. Should be here by the end of the month. Can't wait to try it out. I've always carried iwb.
Just make sure you check and tighten the mounting screws. With everyday use they can loosen unless you want to use a dab of locktite which isn't a bad idea. I like the holster a lot it fits very tight on your body which is why I have not bothered to carry IWB. OWB has been almost as good.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #18
timmy2112 is on a distinguished road
timmy2112's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a Glock 21 in a Wright Leather Works super predator pancake, very comfortable and priced right for a leather holster, good drawing capabilities and easy to holster, check it out at wrightleatherworks.com.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post

I need to order some of their new soft loops for IWB carry of my Raven. Best OWB fitting holster that I have ever used. Well worth the lead time.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #20
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
I love my two Cross Breed holsters. They are very comfy
check out the www.crossbreedseconds.com they have holster that might have a small cosmetic flaw but they function fine and no one sees it since its IWB