Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

New York is first, who is next???

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #241
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
So now you are reducing the ability for a citizen to protect himself, leaving him or her outgunned by those that would choose to do them harm. So why the double standard? Why dont we remove assualt weapons and high capacity magazines from law enforcement and military?
That is pretty much what Barrett did when California banned 50 cal rifles.
Barrett refused to do business with ANY California government agency... and developed the .416 Barrett so Californians would not be left out in the cold with nothing larger than the 30-06

Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #242
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Should a citizen be allowed to own a bazooka or Javelin system ?
Why not?

Aside from the impracticality of the expense, it is illegal to kill someone or to destroy their property.
I don't have a problem with sentence enhancements for crimes involving the use of specific tools or weapons, but it's already illegal to kill someone. The tool need not be banned.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #243
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Why not?

Aside from the impracticality of the expense, it is illegal to kill someone or to destroy their property.
I don't have a problem with sentence enhancements for crimes involving the use of specific tools or weapons, but it's already illegal to kill someone. The tool need not be banned.
IDK , maybe cause you could hang out at an airport and down planes

And if that's OK , why not an M1 with some depleted uranium munitions

Old 01-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #244
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Nj is already 15 rounds. What are they going to do, ban us down to 6?

Stupid bullshit.

But on the other hand, i have pre ban 15 round mags. I win.
Lol I haz 10 forty round mags

Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueToThe802 View Post
Also throw in the fact that murder rates are dropping, along with violent crime. And for all the talk on the issue, you'd think it'd be a bigger deal. HIV kills more people, but that seems to be ok.
And motor vehicles.

30,000 people every year.

Every single year, 10x 9/11.

2500 people every month.

577 people every week.

82 people every day.

More than 3 people every hour.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #247
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by knayrb View Post
I can't think of a semi auto handgun that holds less than 8 rounds. Better buy a revolver instead. Something like a S&W 686 7-shot. Might be better for the bad guys since revolvers don't spit out traceable casings.
A lot of single-stack subcompacts only hold 7.
The original 1911 design is a 7rd mag.

But I have a 10rd 22lr revolver.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #249
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Pyrite Mica's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Well at least now if I ever visit ny ill be a lot safer.
So...a Criminal is a person that does not abide by the law. Therefore, what would make you think that the Criminal will not retain or obtain and use larger capacity magazines?

Violent criminals will use the means available to them to commit their illegal acts. I would rather take my chances against a gunman than a bomber.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #250
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I only find a few 10rd mags for my Ruger 9mm.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #251
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope.

A "Regular" in colonial times was a militiaman, who was a private citizen who acted in the defense of his community.

Paul Revere did not say "The British are coming"... that would have been silly anyways since the colonists were primarily British.
He said "The regulars are out".

"Regulated" was also a term used to define "equipped"
Therefore, "Well regulated militia" could be read as either a "Well staffed militia" or "Well equipped militia"

It did not refer to regulation by the government.... the 2nd Amendment was written to guarantee that we had the ability to defend ourselves against a tyrannical government.

Yes, you got it right, the 2A is written in two parts. The first is a statement that a well staffed or equipped militia is needed to ensure the security of the state.
The 2nd part states that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Infringed is a restriction, or regulation. Applying modern definitions to the first half creates a direct conflict with the 2nd half.
Not to disagree, but that does not fit with the popular models of interpretation set out by scholars and your Supreme Court, including some of your definitions.

Take a gander at this Rich.

Frank

Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #252
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Not to disagree, but that does not fit with the popular models of interpretation set out by scholars and your Supreme Court, including some of your definitions.

Take a gander at this Rich.

Frank
The scholars and supreme court is Tyrannical!!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #253
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
The scholars and supreme court puts on pink Fruit of the looms every morning..

FIFY

Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #254
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
The scholars and supreme court is Tyrannical!!

Sorry my bad.. dinosaur conspiracy... I forgot

Frank

Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
I do believe in the background checks but also have a few other ideas.

1. A psych test because most of the people involved in these "mass" shootings obviously were off the wire.
Most of the people involved in mass shootings acquired their guns illegally, thus, they still would not have gone through a background or psych test.
Quote:
2. This would be hard to do but change how gun shows work. Set them in predetermined locations and only at capable locations. So flea market gun shows ill-leagal.
Do you understand exactly what the "gun show loophole" is?
Most people don't, because the media doesn't and doesn't report it accurately.

Situation A - I am a gun dealer. Every gun I sell, new or used, requires a Federal form 4473 and background check. State laws may be more restrictive. This applies whether I sell a gun to you at my store or at a gun show.

Situation B - I am a private individual, not a gun dealer. I want to sell my gun to you. FEDERALLY, I can sell that gun to you without a background check or any paperwork, provided that I reasonably believe that you are not prohibited from owning a firearm.
I can sell you that gun at my house, the Walmart parking lot, or a gun show.
State laws may be more restrictive. In California, if the gun is not a C&R long gun, we have to do the transfer at a gun shop and you will have to pass a background check.

Situation C - I am a private individual, not a gun dealer. I want to sell part of my gun collection. I do not have a buyer.
I go to a gun show. I can either buy my own table, or I can buy space on a table that someone else has purchased to allow private parties to have a table. Federally, this is no different than selling my collection in the Walmart parking lot or at the gun range... there are just more potential buyers.

The "Gun show loophole" is the fact that, Federally, private sales are not regulated in most states. It has nothing to do with gun shows specifically.

There are actually politicians who believe that the "gun show loophole" exists in California. It does not, and under Federal law, a Californian can not buy a gun at a show in another state (unless he has a Federal license and the gun is over 50 years old).
Quote:
3. To go with the psych test and background check comprise a "passport" of sorts that yearly needs re-evaluated. The when you go to a re-organized gun show the seller can then sell to you if you have the proper credentials.
The problem with this is it is tantamount to a firearms permit.
The 2A is there to allow us to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government. Put the government in charge of giving us permission to buy a gun and guess what... NOBODY will pass the test.

Won't happen?

It does happen.

The NFA was enacted to control civilian possession of specific weapons including machine guns, silencers, short-barreled weapons, certain large calibers (classified as destructive devices), grenade launchers, bazookas, etc....

The NFA has provisions for many of these weapons to be privately owned, provided that certain conditions are met, and the person pays a $200 tax (and that tax has not changed since 1923).

California also has the same provisions. Legally, I can buy a machine gun or short barreled rifle. All I need is an NFA tax stamp, and a California DOJ "Dangerous Weapons Permit"
There are presently ZERO Dangerous Weapons Permits issued to private individuals. Without that, the BATFE will not issue the NFA tax stamp.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #256
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the S&W and Ruger 10-shot revolvers. I looked at the S&W 8-shot .357 revolver but bought the 7-shot due to width of the cylinder. I thought it would fit better in a holster.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #257
DoyleMcpoyle is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
DoyleMcpoyle's Tacoma Gallery
I wish there were more politicians like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rRSUEaLKvA

Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
Giving people certain guns takes away MY ability to feel safe.
You put "certain" in the wrong place.
Giving certain people guns takes away MY ability to feel safe.

The type of gun makes no difference. As you said, a 22 can do plenty of damage.

But you are seriously delusional if you believe that you will need "only a couple" of rounds to handle a home intruder.

When something goes bump in the night you're going to be doing good to get the first couple of rounds anywhere NEAR the intruder.
Even cops only run a 20% hit rate.

Closed Thread