Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Local city council member tries to strip a cc man of his rights

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #21
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I just double checked CO state statute....it is not an offense to carry a concealed weapon in the chambers of the council if you are in possession of a written concealed carry permit.

I would imagine WA state statute is written the same way.
Yes sir

Only three places you can't carry

1) courtroom
2) federal building
3)airports with TSA

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't care for his " I carry a weapon everyday, for the purpose of protecting people "

Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Yes sir

Only three places you can't carry

1) courtroom
2) federal building
3)airports with TSA
I was reminded to e-mail back to the Oregon state police about getting one. I know Oregon doesn't recognize Kansas, and the same the other way... but that may change some day. Problem is I won't be back in the state for a while, but still want the ability to obtain one before that right is harder for us to get.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #24
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I didn't care for his " I carry a weapon everyday, for the purpose of protecting people "
He could have worded it "for the purpose of defending myself and others, in the event that I may need to." Either way, the legality of the situation prevailed and councilman numb nuts got his pee-pee stepped on.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #25
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
He could have worded it "for the purpose of defending myself and others, in the event that I may need to." Either way, the legality of the situation prevailed and councilman numb nuts got his pee-pee stepped on.
I agree. He sounded a little weird there for a sec.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #26
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah . Think some people didn't vote for the motion because of fear ? =) . I would liked to see heart rates when he announced he was carrying .

This guy went into jc penny's in Utah where you don't need a ccp if you are 2 actions away from firing

Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #27
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
This is the councilman who wanted the measure... Turns out, he loves Europe and hopes to enact some of the same laws. At least that is what I get from digging into his info a bit.
http://www.oakharbor.org/page.cfm?pageId=145

Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
Quote:
Yeah . Think some people didn't vote for the motion because of fear ? =) . I would liked to see heart rates when he announced he was carrying .

This guy went into jc penny's in Utah where you don't need a ccp if you are 2 actions away from firing

Unfortunately we have DB's doing that shit here too http://www.jdjournal.com/2013/01/14/...ssault-rifles/

Plus we just had that mall shooting so everyone is on their toes.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #29
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

don't like it move elsewhere meanng out of the US how ever you are entiltled to your own opinion I just think your ignorant in your logic

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #30
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Stfu . Don't put words in other people's mouths .
WUT?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #31

Air Force:
yotaman, I don't think anyone said anything bad about this? So, please READ the post before talking shit. Everyone in this thread so far has been very well mannered.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #32
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
WUT?
Oh thought you were talking about me

Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #33
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Maybe I got carried away but I am very passionate about these concerns because I went to Iraq 3 Tours and I didn't watch my buddy's get their guts blowed out to come home and have my rights infringed upon so if I was out of context I apologise just very passonate thats all

Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #34
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Great video to watch. Regardless of weather your for or against further gun control laws, that guy made himself look very stupid and immature. I got the impression that his removing himself from the room was not an exercise of maturity and respect, but rather a childish tantrum because he didn't get his way. Just the way I saw it.

Personally I wouldn't have answered the question in the first place. Its nobodies business but your own if your cc. Isn't announcing that your carrying a violation of ccw conditions anyways? But I'm glad he stood up for his rights. And +1 to the mayor for the expressed support.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe I got carried away but I am very passionate about these concerns because I went to Iraq 3 Tours and I didn't watch my buddy's get their guts blowed out to come home and have my rights infringed upon so if I was out of context I apologise just very passonate thats all
Eh . Ill blame it on my horrible sentence structure as well .

Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #36
Quote:
I understand but dudes walking around the mall with an AR-15 on there back is just stupid. It may be his "right" but it's completely inappropriate.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #37

Air Force:
Quote:
I understand but dudes walking around the mall with an AR-15 on there back is just stupid. It may be his "right" but it's completely inappropriate.
In the wake of recent happenings, I agree. Why not wait until things die down a bit?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #38
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Quote:
agreed in the military we are trained to make ourselves hard targets but that guy is the target at least thats who I would go for if I was a bad guy thats why I have my ccw

Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #39
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Quote:
Eh . Ill blame it on my horrible sentence structure as well .
it's all good bro

Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #40
Quote:
agreed in the military we are train to make ourselve hard targets but that guy is the target at least thats who I would go for if I was a bad guy thats why I have my ccw
Or a trigger happy cop. Then all of a sudden the cops are "shooting innocent people" these guys are activist and I praise most of them but I fear some will take it too far. Next thing you know a cop is going to make a mistake and I think it's going to add a lot of fuel to the fire.

Closed Thread