Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Before Sandy Hook, were you planning on buying...

View Poll Results: Did you plan?
Yes, I've always wanted one. 59 80.82%
No, but I have decided I want one. 8 10.96%
What is this? 6 8.22%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...i've got 3 AR-15s, ...so, i think my next "evil" rifle will be either a PTR-91 or a springfield M1A
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #22
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
I've always planned to get an AR sooner or later. Most likely after I graduate college. Unless I can afford one before then.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
Get to tha Choppa!
Jmed109 is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, OIF/OEF Veteran, EMT-I Grad
Name: Jeremy
Jmed109's Tacoma Gallery
have any of you looked at dsarms.com? For cheaper parts and builds...Great site
Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #24
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
How long do you guys think until prices aren't ridiculous anymore?
My friend works for the NRA law. She stated that they are projecting around September time frame, although prices will never be around the same again. Her words
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #25
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Thats a really nice set up you have on your "m1a1"
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #26
Hoist Rider
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, for the purpose of having more of an opportunity to shoot than the Air Force's once a year. I feel to actually expect an individual to maintain proficiency more range time is needed.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #27
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...i've got 3 AR-15s, ...so, i think my next "evil" rifle will be either a PTR-91 or a springfield M1A
I have one of the first production runs on the PTR-91. Good rifle but the trigger is very stiff. It's a battle rifle not a target rifle for sure.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #28
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quite the contrary, I'm selling my old gear and rifle accessories. I don't have one anymore.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #29
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the middle of building three!! Ended up selling two after prices more then double.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #30
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still a year and a half too young to buy one, but if there's ever a possibility of me getting my hands on one once I am 21, you best bet it's going to be mine.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #31
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbacaTW View Post
I have one of the first production runs on the PTR-91. Good rifle but the trigger is very stiff. It's a battle rifle not a target rifle for sure.
i got to fondle one at the NRA convention a couple years ago... a nice "hefty" rifle, ...nice looks, ...i think the company stands behind them pretty well...
Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #33
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Spent the last 2 years looking for a .308 M1a/SOCOMII..

still looking...
X2, but I got a clients in my safe right now

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #34
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
i got to fondle one at the NRA convention a couple years ago... a nice "hefty" rifle, ...nice looks, ...i think the company stands behind them pretty well...
Never delt with the company myself but the rifle is solid. If you ever want to put optics on it, buy a genuine hk claw mount. all the other ones i've tried just don't work well at all.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #35
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Was very close to ordering a 6.8 from Bison Armory in Nov. Definitely wish I would've now.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I have one for work and a .308. For home defense and my personal use, I have a $289 Mossberg 500 home defense.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #37

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbacaTW View Post
Never delt with the company myself but the rifle is solid. If you ever want to put optics on it, buy a genuine hk claw mount. all the other ones i've tried just don't work well at all.
looks like now they have variants w/ railed foreends and a railed scope mount atop the receiver....
Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Nahh... After the 2008 scare, prices for stripped lowers eventually settled into the $90 range, even in California.

Prices will settle down, and those who overpaid in 2013 will try to sell theirs, and the butthurt will flow when they can't get an offer for half their asking price. Same as 2010.
Yeah i loved that, all the guys crying cause they couldn't sell their $300 lower after the craze:

I had been thinking about selling my romy g i built a few years back, never really liked it but haven't for sentimental reasons and cool factor but now I'm sure i could get a pretty penny for it.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #39
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Yeah i loved that, all the guys crying cause they couldn't sell their $300 lower after the craze:

I had been thinking about selling my romy g i built a few years back, never really liked it but haven't for sentimental reasons and cool factor but now I'm sure i could get a pretty penny for it.
Ya, I bought a furniture set a couple of years ago. Stripped it and refinished it in a nice red (not a true Romy red, just a nice furniture red).
I intended to use it on a Saiga conversion, but decided against the x39 platform and built the 2nd 5.56 and the AR22.

My original reason for discounting the AR pattern and planning a Saiga conversion?
Buddy spend over $1500 on a Ruger SR556, and when I stopped in at CWS and saw their prices on uppers, I figured I couldn't afford the platform.

About the time I decided to start the build, the rumors started that the BATFE was going to disallow importation of the Saiga, prices jumped by $150 and stock went away.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #40
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
If i had the money I'd pick up a dedicated .22 but then again i need primers etc as that's what California is going after.