Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Before Sandy Hook, were you planning on buying...

View Poll Results: Did you plan?
Yes, I've always wanted one. 59 80.82%
No, but I have decided I want one. 8 10.96%
What is this? 6 8.22%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #41
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
No, I am not in the market for an AR-15 right now & I'm not gonna' go out and make a panic purchase.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #42
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
sandy hook has nothing to do with it. inanimate objects cant be blamed for bad behavior. i would still like to buy one.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #43
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
I was about a week too late on buying a stripped lower. I wanted to build a 10" or 12" SBR. Prolly not going to happen now.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. No need for this type of weapon in civilian hands.

Not really...have at 'er! I'm a Reagan cold war baby. Grew up watching Chuck, Stallone, and Ahnold whoopin the shit out of commies and bad guys in general with wonderously awesome weapons! I've never owned an AR, but have shot many and nearly did buy one when Ruger dropped the SR556. Maybe someday. Till that day I will continue to do my part eradicating as many rimfire cartridges as I can!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #45
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to build a nice bolt gun, and pick up another M1A, and a Benelli M4, or the new remington Supertac.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #46
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
I'm still a year and a half too young to buy one, but if there's ever a possibility of me getting my hands on one once I am 21, you best bet it's going to be mine.

you can buy a rifle at 18 from a dealer...unless maine has some law about not being able to buy till 21. you can even get a permit to carry in maine at 18(or just carry a pistol openly)
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #47
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
you can buy a rifle at 18 from a dealer...unless maine has some law about not being able to buy till 21. you can even get a permit to carry in maine at 18(or just carry a pistol openly)
^^ this, you do have to be 21 to buy a lower, as it can be used to build a AR pistol.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #48
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
^^ this, you do have to be 21 to buy a lower, as it can be used to build a AR pistol.
Yes, but not for that reason.

The stripped lower is categorized on the 4473 under "other"
Same with a Mossberg Persuader and other pistol-grip shotguns.

If it's less than 26" long, BATFE does not consider it to be a "long gun".
Federal regs state that you may purchase a "long gun" at 18.

It was a double-edged sword when stripped receivers were reclassified. It eliminated the need for pistol-marked lowers, but it blocked those under 21 from purchase.

You can still receive through intrafamilial transfer as a gift at 18. Only an FFL is prohibited from transferring an "other" to someone 18-20.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #49
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Yes, but not for that reason.

The stripped lower is categorized on the 4473 under "other"
Same with a Mossberg Persuader and other pistol-grip shotguns.

If it's less than 26" long, BATFE does not consider it to be a "long gun".
Federal regs state that you may purchase a "long gun" at 18.

It was a double-edged sword when stripped receivers were reclassified. It eliminated the need for pistol-marked lowers, but it blocked those under 21 from purchase.

You can still receive through intrafamilial transfer as a gift at 18. Only an FFL is prohibited from transferring an "other" to someone 18-20.
interesting, i didn't know that about the pistol grip shotguns.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #50
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
buy a buttstock and bolt it on...have dealer transfer it as a rifle...
Old 02-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #51
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
interesting, i didn't know that about the pistol grip shotguns.
The PG itself is okay, I was referring to PG-Only like the "Cruiser" style shotguns. A long gun has a barrel of 16" (18 for shotguns), OAL of 26" or greater, and a buttstock designed to be fired from the shoulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
buy a buttstock and bolt it on...have dealer transfer it as a rifle...
Needs to be completely assembled with the upper. See above.
Without a barrel, it is still a "receiver" even if it has a buttstock and LPK.

And the dealer would need to be an 07FFL to be able to assemble the receiver for you prior to purchase.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #52
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a pistol kit on order with Model 1 since the 3rd. So yeah, definitely was planning.. now just a long wait.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #53
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Been wanting to build on for years but 2 years ago I had to move cross country for a job then planned a wedding so funds were limited. I finally told myself a few months ago that come January I was going to start building it, and now I'm waiting even longer because I refuse to pay $400-500 for parts that were selling for around $150-250 not too long ago. I'll get one someday
Old 02-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #54
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had bought one a year ago....then sold it right now, what I really want is an M1A when it comes to "evil guns"