Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Before Sandy Hook, were you planning on buying...

View Poll Results: Did you plan?
Yes, I've always wanted one. 59 80.82%
No, but I have decided I want one. 8 10.96%
What is this? 6 8.22%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Before Sandy Hook, were you planning on buying...

Before Sandy Hook, were you planning on buying an AR-15? Just curious if all this has persuaded you. I for one never had any intention on purchasing on. Still don't. I have a few hand guns and shotguns though. It just seems everyone has gone mad to get one and most people are paying outrageous prices.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
was planning on building one prior...still plan on it...just refuse to pay exorbitant prices for parts
Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
Before Sandy Hook, were you planning on buying an AR-15? Just curious if all this has persuaded you. I for one never had any intention on purchasing on. Still don't. I have a few hand guns and shotguns though. It just seems everyone has gone mad to get one and most people are paying outrageous prices.
I have had a few. I was going to get another before this mess happened. Now I will just wait until everyone realizes the ban inst going to happen and the prices will return to little more than they were before. Than I can finally get my piston driven 6.8
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've wanted One for almost a year but dad didn't see a point in them, after all the talk he went out and bought a colt and after shooting it he wants to build more.

EDIT: I forgot to mention we got all our stuff at pre-talk prices
Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
How long do you guys think until prices aren't ridiculous anymore?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I was compiling a list of parts to buy to build a long, heavy barreled ar for coyote hunting. I still will, just won't be ready for this year.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I had one prior..im waiting for everyone to calm down so i can go and buy a "used" gun that someone bought in the craze, never fired, and returned.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
BOOM goes the dynamite!
greenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Ian
greenguy3's Tacoma Gallery
I've always wanted one as it is practically the same as my service rifle I get issued when I deploy and I want to always be proficient, sadly I'm always stationed in a foreign country where I'm not allowed to possess a firearm asan American, fuuuuuuuuu!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #10
Tenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to allTenzing is a name known to all
Name: Chris
Tenzing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
How long do you guys think until prices aren't ridiculous anymore?
It depends, but price is a lagging indicator, so even after the craze is "over" it will take a while for prices to fall back into normal range, and they may be permanently a bit higher.

The gun companies seem to find a new hysteria every few months or so to drum up fears and sell more stock. I have a feeling that every chain email I get is coming from a marketing intern at Colt or Glock haha
Old 01-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
was planning on building one prior...still plan on it...just refuse to pay exorbitant prices for parts
This. Already have three (technically one is an AR22), and have been planning an AR10 and pistol-platform 5.56 for a while.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzing View Post
It depends, but price is a lagging indicator, so even after the craze is "over" it will take a while for prices to fall back into normal range, and they may be permanently a bit higher.
Nahh... After the 2008 scare, prices for stripped lowers eventually settled into the $90 range, even in California.

Prices will settle down, and those who overpaid in 2013 will try to sell theirs, and the butthurt will flow when they can't get an offer for half their asking price. Same as 2010.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Nahh... After the 2008 scare, prices for stripped lowers eventually settled into the $90 range, even in California.

Prices will settle down, and those who overpaid in 2013 will try to sell theirs, and the butthurt will flow when they can't get an offer for half their asking price. Same as 2010.
i'm still sitting on a $50 stripped Palmetto lower

cant wait for prices to settle back down so i can finish the budget KISS rifle
Old 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I am hoping they come back down so I can get one again at fair prices. I would love to have one, since it is what I am comfortable with shooting these days.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
max2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
max2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post

Nope, not planning on buying one because the wife and I already own "quite a few" of them.... we stocked up after the last election of 2008 when everyone went crazy back then. By 2010 we had completed a pretty good collection of guns and ammo.

Will probably be selling some of my extra parts and pieces (mags and lower parts kits) now that prices are sky high.

My advice to anyone looking to own one or more would be to wait this current frenzy out. Give it until this fall, say around October, by then prices will have fallen due to demand being satisfied and manufacturers will have caught up.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #17
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
I built an AR15 a few years ago but sold it before I ever shot it so I could buy another gun that I sold before I shot it to get a gun I us all the time(an old marlin mod 39 lever action 22lr. I have a Ruger Mini 14 with a few mods and a Beretta CX4 storm 9mm carbine. I prefer the Ruger Mini 14 over the AR15 platform
Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by max2 View Post
Nope, not planning on buying one because the wife and I already own "quite a few" of them.... we stocked up after the last election of 2008 when everyone went crazy back then. By 2010 we had completed a pretty good collection of guns and ammo.

Will probably be selling some of my extra parts and pieces (mags and lower parts kits) now that prices are sky high.

My advice to anyone looking to own one or more would be to wait this current frenzy out. Give it until this fall, say around October, by then prices will have fallen due to demand being satisfied and manufacturers will have caught up.

Thats my plan. I hope to find a colt for a decent price.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post