Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Anyone ever seen a deer that looks like this?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
there's a place called
"Palestine, Texas"?

that's...cool?
Pronounced like steam, not like beer stein.

Been there once, worked for IBP meat packers and we bought a cow/bull processing plant there. I forget, they might have killed horse there too, 15 years ago when we could still sell France, Belgium and Canada our horsemeat. Now we sell Canada our horses and they kill them. Might have been Sealy TX where they were processing horse, can't remember.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #42
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Pronounced like steam, not like beer stein.
"We" do that a lot.

Mom was born in Cairo Ill.
She pronounces it "Kay-Row" like the corn syrup.

There's a few towns that we pass through on the way to Cedar Park that aren't pronounced as you would expect.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #43
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Guess op forgot what his friend looks like .
Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #44
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
A friend of mine just showed me a picture of this deer a friend of hers from Wisconsin caught. Wow!
Friend of a friend.

Common urban legend line, but the problem is it's too easily traced.
You know the friend. It's easy enough to ask the friend who this "other friend" is.

More foolproof personally is "my friend got this from some guy on a forum who said..."
Less credible, but you now have personal deniability when the story is debunked.

"Friend of a friend" is easy to use due to the "Three Degrees" rule.
Very, very few people on this planet can not be connected to other people by more than "three degrees". You know someone who knows someone who knows someone. Within those 3 degrees is pretty much every living person in the industrialized world.

It was even the topic of a spoof web site, "The Three Degrees of Kevin Bacon"

Example, through everyone on this forum having contact with me, and my former contacts in the music industry, the 2nd and 3rd degree covers pretty much every classic rock musician that was touring through the 80s and 90s.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #45
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
I shot a piebald 2 years ago in rifle season. There were 2 of them on the farm I hunt. Native Americans believed them to be sacred. After reading this, I kind of regret shooting it. Especially since my wife comes from American Indian heritage. http://www.orangecountyweb.org/legends.html
Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #46
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
They look like mini horses with those markings.