Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

I am now a business owner!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I am now a business owner!

I recently formed an LLC and sent away my Class 1 FFL! I will hopefully be working with RSR to distribute and will certainly hook up my TW brohas!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
congrats, i sorta want to do something like this when i'm old enough
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Dakota as in South Dakota? Where at?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
North Dakota! Bismarck is where I'm located
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You're selling firearms ?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Im in the waiting period for my FFL. But should be in 60 days.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
North Dakota! Bismarck is where I'm located
I've been up there a lot. Originally from Aberdeen, SD.

Best wishes on your business endeavor.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I dont plan on it being my primary source of income for the next couple years, but rather something to do and have fun with.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
i love the DTF logo. , I'm actually about to start up a custom holster company, I've been "refining" the process/technique and building up my tool/blue gun collection the last few months and plan on making a website here soon, after I get everything going we should talk, spread the business.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
How hard or how much did it cost to form the llc I was looking to start up a small business in the near future
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckel7234 View Post
i love the DTF logo. , I'm actually about to start up a custom holster company, I've been "refining" the process/technique and building up my tool/blue gun collection the last few months and plan on making a website here soon, after I get everything going we should talk, spread the business. Are you planning on manufacturing or just distributing?
Absolutely. Just distributing. A class 7 FFL is fairly spendy to get into, but would like to get into it at some point. Do you have pics of your holsters?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthefawker View Post
How hard or how much did it cost to form the llc I was looking to start up a small business in the near future
I think its different state to state, but in VA its something like $300
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im in the waiting period for my FFL. But should be in 60 days.
Kk . Had to google ffl . Don't know all the lingo
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #14
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthefawker View Post
In North Dakota, the cost to register an LLC is $135, the tax and sales use permit is free and a 'work from home' permit is $25. So relatively low cost, but I'm not sure what kinda fees Cali has.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #15
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jeckel, I'll actually be living in Alexandria, VA for a year. Not sure if thats close to you.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the world of business ownership. My suggestion is to keep on top of any and all taxes, including sales, business, employment taxes, etc. It is easy to fall behind if you are not careful! I have had my business for about a year and a half, and while there are days that I am exhausted and wish I could just take a break, I am glad I did it!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Welcome to the world of business ownership. My suggestion is to keep on top of any and all taxes, including sales, business, employment taxes, etc. It is easy to fall behind if you are not careful! I have had my business for about a year and a half, and while there are days that I am exhausted and wish I could just take a break, I am glad I did it!
Thanks for the advice! I am OCD with proper documentation and keeping organized, so hopefully it goes smoothly.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Absolutely. Just distributing. A class 7 FFL is fairly spendy to get into, but would like to get into it at some point. Do you have pics of your holsters?
Yea I believe it. I've got some pretty rough pics off an older flip phone from when I first started up, but nothing very recent. When ever I figure out how to make a website of find someone to do it for me, my sister in law is a photographer so plan on taking a few over to her to have some nice pictures taken of them. Right now the only blue guns I have cover glock (17,19,22,23,31,32) Caracal C & F, and S&W J Frames. I still need to invest more into other training guns, But I make IWB/OWB kydex and hybrid style holsters, mag pouches, light pouches, but no real limits, for the most part its just been friends, coworkers, or people referred so far
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
So are you just going to buy guns and then flip them from your home?
New sales, customer order, FFL transfers. I want to carry high-end optics as well: Trijicon, Eotech, Aimpoint, US Optics, Nightforce. And of course, parts and accessories.