Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Wanting to get into Compound bows. Need Guidance.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #21
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Some good advice here so far.

I Went to my local shop and got a nice PSE Axe that was new old stock previous year model at a huge discount. They set me all up and got me started, and I continue to stop in for help and new arrows or tuning as needed. Invaluable to a new archer. I took a Coyote my first week, and Elk my first big game hunt and just drew an elk tag for this fall. Enjoy it, nothing like archery hunting!

My neighbor chose to order online from huntersfriend to save a few bucks and definitely does not receive the help and camaraderie that I have from the shop if he needs something.

Support your local businesses!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
, and Elk my first big game hunt and just drew an elk tag for this fall. Enjoy it, nothing like archery hunting!
congrats on the elk tag!! AZ resident?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #23
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Yes! I was able to get a leftover cow tag last year and had a successful hunt. I was sruprised last night when I saw my card charged for an elk tag this year. That means I am 2/2 in my first 2 years hunting elk here.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Yes! I was able to get a leftover cow tag last year and had a successful hunt. I was sruprised last night when I saw my card charged for an elk tag this year. That means I am 2/2 in my first 2 years hunting elk here.
Bestard! . Good luck!