Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ammo Availability thread

Old 09-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #421
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
For anyone who is military, police, fire & EMS, they have good prices at BudsPoliceSupply.com
I bought a few boxes of .40 for home defense. Can't beat there price for Hornady critical duty for box of 50 rounds.
i buy from them all the time, best prices and shipping. they have a bunch of ammo in stock right now. click on "ammo deals"
Old 09-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #422
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Bump and subbed
Old 10-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #424
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.slickguns.com/product/pmc...4-after-coupon

820rds .223

$303
Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #425
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the deal with .380 ACP? I dont own one yet, but that ammo has always been hard to find ever since I can ever remember. Do they just not make much of it? or is it really hoarded that much? I cant see people firing thousands of rounds of .380 through their backup pistol every day of the week. What's the DEEEL?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #426
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
Whats the deal with .380 ACP? I dont own one yet, but that ammo has always been hard to find ever since I can ever remember. Do they just not make much of it? or is it really hoarded that much? I cant see people firing thousands of rounds of .380 through their backup pistol every day of the week. What's the DEEEL?
Are you wanting aluminum, steel or brass cased?
Old 10-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #427
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i think it has just always been produced in lower quantities. i would think that with more people going to pocket pistols they'd change that. i cant find any defense ammo in that caliber locally.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #429
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Everywhere I go around here has .380
Old 10-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #430
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I found some online, but I was just curious. It seems to be in pockets. (get it). but mainly I was just wanting some brass FMJ if I did get an LCP to practice on, and then all I would need is a couple of boxes of defense ammo, hopefully never to use it.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #431
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
My local Walmart (city of industry) has .380 lately, even when they have no other pistol caliber. The last few times I've looked they have .380, .40, & .45. FMJ and occasionally 9mm PDX or another defense round, expensive stuff but they sell it cheaper than any other place. I recently got a box of 9mm winchester hollow points pretty cheap there, I wanna say it was under $30 for a 50 rnd. box. They also have .556 & .308 now pretty regularly and I think .223. .30 carbine is still rarely there, but I have a decent stock fortunately.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #432
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to buy some .223 55gr for my AR15.

I have only shot Fed Am Eagle .223 55gr FMJ.

I found a 1000 rd box of FMJBT (Boat Tail) for $455.
http://www.luckygunner.com/federal-2...e-1000#reviews

A couple questions about this FMJBT:
- Is this a good deal?
- Is it range friendly? I think so as it is all brass cassing.
- FMJBT vs FMJ? Is BT still a quality round, or should I wait for standard FMJ?

Thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #433
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Trying to buy some .223 55gr for my AR15.

I have only shot Fed Am Eagle .225 55gr FMJ.

I found a 1000 rd box of FMJBT (Boat Tail) for $455.
http://www.luckygunner.com/federal-2...e-1000#reviews

A couple questions about this FMJBT:
- Is this a good deal?
- Is it range friendly? I think so as it is all brass cassing.
- FMJBT vs FMJ? Is BT still a quality round, or should I wait for standard FMJ?

Thanks guys.
its about the going for .223 right now so not a good deal but not a bad deal either.

this ammo is not steel core so it is range friendly. some ranges allow steel core but most don't.

boat tail improves accuracy
Old 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #435
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Another question: Is Federal Amerian Eagle the same as Federal Lake City?
Old 10-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #436

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Ended up going through BulkAmmo.com and getting 900 rds of Federal AE 55 gr .223 FMJBT on stripper clips for $395.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #437
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
went to 3 gun stores today to get some 22 LR to go plinking in the desert. nothing, nada, zero, zilch. what gives ?
what is the world coming to when you can not get 22 bullets.

Turners
Ammo Brothers
Martin B retting.

don't go to any of these stores if you are trying to find 22 ammo
Old 11-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #438
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deog View Post
went to 3 gun stores today to get some 22 LR to go plinking in the desert. nothing, nada, zero, zilch. what gives ?
what is the world coming to when you can not get 22 bullets.

Turners
Ammo Brothers
Martin B retting.

don't go to any of these stores if you are trying to find 22 ammo
there seems to have been a shortage of that this past year. whenever I see it, I jump on it just to have on hand for my plinking sessions lol (i also ordered some from cabela's phone in service for a decent price)
Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #439
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
went looking for 22 LR bullets today again. NOTHING. never in my life have not been able to find 22 bullets to go plinking with. ME NO UNDERSTAND.
Guess i will go throw rocks instead.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #440
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deog View Post
went looking for 22 LR bullets today again. NOTHING. never in my life have not been able to find 22 bullets to go plinking with. ME NO UNDERSTAND.
Guess i will go throw rocks instead.
They are hard to find and stupidly expensive compared to recent past. Part of the problem I think is that manufacturers stopped or slowed .22 production to keep up with other calibers, CCI even stopped making percussion caps for a long time. I bought a bunch of .22 and expect availability to return before I run out. If anyone needs some I've got it, but I can't sell it for less than I paid so it's still stupidly expensive compared to the 2 cents ea. they used to cost. I did find some CCI stingers at walmart recently at just under $8 for a 50 count, .16 per shot is kinda shitty, but at least it was available for a brief moment. I really miss the 500 count for $14 boxes!