Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ammo Availability thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #541
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
I was in AZ a couple weeks ago and walmart was full of ammo. Bought 3 bricks of .22 and a 250ct. box of 9mm. I thought the whole state was full of ammo 'till I went to Cabellas a few days later, not one .22 to be found. They did seem to have almost everything else tho. The one thing I haven't found is .25, I'm glad I picked up a case of it when I got the gun.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #542
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Good deal on 9 and 40 after rebate. No limit afaik
http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/...=724667&r=view
Free shipping too.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #544
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
$5 flat rate shipping at freedom munitions.
http://www.freedommunitions.com/Weekly-Sale-s/56002.htm
I was all excited, 'till I saw they have nothing to sell.....well, almost nothing for me. Even the exploding targets, none.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:07 AM   #545
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Still hard to find ammo in MA. Some stores slowly restocking the shelves but by and large, nada.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #546
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonziGT230 View Post
I was all excited, 'till I saw they have nothing to sell.....well, almost nothing for me. Even the exploding targets, none.
Gander mountain has some exploding stuff. Free shipping over $50.
http://www.gandermountain.com/search/Tannerite
Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #547
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Anyone find any .22LR lately? Down to one box...
Old 06-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #548
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
Bump. Anyone find any .22LR lately? Down to one box...
gunbot.net and check cabelas online.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #549
Gearhead
My local walmart has almost every shelf full, but no .22, luckily I have plenty. They haven't gotten any .25 and stopped carrying .30 carbine, two that I could use some of. .223, .308, and 7.62x39 went from nothing to now having to stack the crap out of it to get it in the shelves and all the common pistol calibers are full as well. I'm hoping ammo becomes an overstock soon and the prices drop.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #550
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know where one can acquire some 9mm Fed HST (either 124gr +p or 147gr standard)?
Old 10-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #551
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Try sgammo
Old 10-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #552
Buyashotgun will become famous soon enough

Name: Benny
Buyashotgun's Tacoma Gallery
I found some 22lr at academy in RockHill, Sc. They had cci 50rd for $3.5 and winchester 333rd for $15. 2 box limit on cci and 1 box limit on winchester.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #553
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Try sgammo
Yea, I've checked many, including sgammo, and they are 'out of stock'.

Anybody know who has 9mm HST 124gr +p or 147gr standard in stock?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #554
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know the diffenece between a .300 savage and a .300 blackout round? I been trying to find .300 savage round for an old rifle that belonged to my grandfather but I can find is .300 blackout
Old 11-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #555
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
Anybody know the diffenece between a .300 savage and a .300 blackout round? I been trying to find .300 savage round for an old rifle that belonged to my grandfather but I can find is .300 blackout
DO NOT USE .300 blackout in the .300 Savage. It's a good half inch shorter than a savage round. It is in stock everywhere they sell hunting ammunition, including most online retailers, and is still a very popular round with handloaders.
http://www.selwayarmory.com/hsm300we...dslam-1-1.aspx

https://gooseislandsales.com/asccust...?ProductId=837

http://www.gunbuyer.com/p-47227-rem-...x#.VGq068mmXqM

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...oft-point-ammo
Old 11-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #556
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
DO NOT USE .300 blackout in the .300 Savage. It's a good half inch shorter than a savage round. It is in stock everywhere they sell hunting ammunition, including most online retailers, and is still a very popular round with handloaders.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?dimensionids=9853

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...21&c=96&s=2857
Thank you very much! All I can find on my rifle is savage arms Corp 300 savage 517912. I been trying to learn all I can about this rifle
Old 11-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #557
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
Thank you very much! All I can find on my rifle is savage arms Corp 300 savage 517912. I been trying to learn all I can about this rifle
Updated with links of ammo actually in stock. It's a good round. The old guys really like it because it will kill anything in the woods and it's flat shooting enough to have some decent range. Nothing compared to modern rounds, but for hunting it gets the job done. Here is some interesting history on the round- http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Know...00+Savage.html

EDIT: If it's a savage model 99, which I assume it is, it was manufactured in 1949. Cool huh? http://www.savage99.com/savage99_dates.htm
Old 11-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #558
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Updated with links of ammo actually in stock. It's a good round. The old guys really like it because it will kill anything in the woods and it's flat shooting enough to have some decent range. Nothing compared to modern rounds, but for hunting it gets the job done. Here is some interesting history on the round- http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Know...00+Savage.html

EDIT: If it's a savage model 99, which I assume it is, it was manufactured in 1949. Cool huh? http://www.savage99.com/savage99_dates.htm
Thanks again. I think you are correct
Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #559
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I may know where a good bit of ammo is for the .300 savage, I'll check tomorrow at work and find out.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #560
Chesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shedChesh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Chesh's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if we'll ever find out what the real reason is for the 22 shortage.

The walmarts out here haven't had any for what's going on two years now.