Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ammo Availability thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #41
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
I think they recommend shooting these things through revolvers and bolt action rifles only - no?
Nowhere I've seen has said that. But it would make sense.

From Cheaper than Dirt...

Ammunition cannot ship by air!
60 grain solid lead bullet.
Muzzle velocity - 950 fps.
Velocity at 100 yards - 802 fps.
Muzzle energy - 120 ft/lbs.
Energy at 100 yards - 86 ft/lbs.
Non returnable item.
Will function and cycle in most semi automatic firearms.
Works well with 1 in 9 and 1 in 7 twist barrels.
Eley primed.
Uses: Plinking, small game hunting, pest control.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #42
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Nowhere I've seen has said that. But it would make sense.

From Cheaper than Dirt...

Ammunition cannot ship by air!
60 grain solid lead bullet.
Muzzle velocity - 950 fps.
Velocity at 100 yards - 802 fps.
Muzzle energy - 120 ft/lbs.
Energy at 100 yards - 86 ft/lbs.
Non returnable item.
Will function and cycle in most semi automatic firearms.
Works well with 1 in 9 and 1 in 7 twist barrels.
Eley primed.
Uses: Plinking, small game hunting, pest control.
Ahhh I see I see. I think I read over on RFC or something that they don't cycle well in semi-autos. this is good info though! i'd definitely be willing to buy a box just to try them out and see how it is in my walther p22 or my ruger 1022
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #43
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ahhh I see I see. I think I read over on RFC or something that they don't cycle well in semi-autos. this is good info though! i'd definitely be willing to buy a box just to try them out and see how it is in my walther p22 or my ruger 1022
Took some to my dad to shoot in his Marlin 60 and only 1 out of 20 jammed in it.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #44
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think they recommend shooting these things through revolvers and bolt action rifles only - no?
probably. my neighbor had some leftover .22 he found (got rid of the gun last year) and gave it to me last time we went shooting.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #45
Rivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant future

Air Force: Contracting
Rivet Joint's Tacoma Gallery
SGAmmo.com has 223/556. But it is mil surp from the 80s and is in stripper clips and bandoliers. One can only buy 120 or 840 rds.

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-...tion/223-556mm
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #46
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
by the way, does anyone have a source for relatively cheap 45 colt (I know it isn't cheap, but would like to find the cheapest)
I don't normally shop for .45, so not sure if this is a decent deal or not?

http://www.luckygunner.com/pmc-45-ac...cp230fmjpmc-50
Old 02-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #47
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post

wrong .45

he's looking for 45colt not 45acp
Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #48
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aguila Colibri and Super Colibri should not be fired out of rifles of any type. There's no gunpowder in them, only the primer compound. They have a good chance of lodging in a rifle barrel.

Aguila SSS (the stuff in that photo) is OK for all types of 22s but the long bullet isn't a good match for 1:16" twist barrels and don't stabilize well usually. My suppressor maker (SWR) specifically says not to use them in their suppressors due to the possibility of baffle strike.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #49
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
wrong .45

he's looking for 45colt not 45acp
what he said...

I woudl absolutely love to find 45 colt at that price....I usually find it about 40-45$ per 50, if I am luck, 35...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #50
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
what he said...

I woudl absolutely love to find 45 colt at that price....I usually find it about 40-45$ per 50, if I am luck, 35...
this is about the best i can find currently

http://www.luckygunner.com/45-long-c...s#rid=AmmoSeek
Old 02-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #51
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
If I can find .45 colt would you guys like me to buy it? I come across it fairly easy in florida just let mw know how much you want to pay and I will look at local stores
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #53
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

gotta be careful with that Buffalo Bore...it's a pretty hot load and they actually list which guns you can shoot it out of
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #54
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
If I can find .45 colt would you guys like me to buy it? I come across it fairly easy in florida just let mw know how much you want to pay and I will look at local stores
I can find it...I'm just looking for a really cheap source...since I shoot a lot, I couldn't really get it from FL.....If I could I would though...thanks for the offer, though someone else might be interested.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
gotta be careful with that Buffalo Bore...it's a pretty hot load and they actually list which guns you can shoot it out of
Ruger New model blackhawk for the win
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #57
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can find it...I'm just looking for a really cheap source...since I shoot a lot, I couldn't really get it from FL.....If I could I would though...thanks for the offer, though someone else might be interested.
No problem
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #58

these are in stock at cabelas, can't find them on the website though

have fun, these will go quick quick

CCI® Troy Landry Signature Series Rimfire Ammo
Item : IK - 218499

800-237-4444
Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #59
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
these are in stock at cabelas, can't find them on the website though

have fun, these will go quick quick

CCI® Troy Landry Signature Series Rimfire Ammo
Item : IK - 218499

800-237-4444
On the phone with them now. Got 2 boxes of the 375 round boxes on the way.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #60

I figured someone would jump on that, I owuld have, except I ordered 5 boxes of the federal that I posted a day ago (10k boxes gone in 4 hours from what I heard....)