Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Would you buy this?

Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Would you buy this?

I have been looking for a M&P9 pro series 5". As we all know its hard to find what you want at the time.

My local dealer sells this gun for 579+tax. It's back ordered till may.

I found a used one. Test fired by S&W on 5/25/2012. About 300-500 rounds they it. He is asking 550.

At gun shows, gun broker and armslist they are going for up to 850.

Should I jump on the deal or wait for a new one?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
For $30 more dollars i'd wait for a new one, unless he can knock a good discount on the used one.

Offer $480. After all, it it used. Play the game, since you know they gave the guy who traded it in, next to nothing.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
The used one is actually a private sale, not from the dealer. And after tax it would be about 70 more for the new.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
The used one is actually a private sale, not from the dealer. And after tax it would be about 70 more for the new.

I'd still offer lower. Start at $480, top at like $500, even if it is private.

Is there a way to shoot it so you know it operates properly?

3-500 rounds is nothing really, but you don't know if it was ever cleaned, either.

Just me, but i have yet to buy a used handgun. Never know how they were treated.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
I have been looking for a M&P9 pro series 5". As we all know its hard to find what you want at the time.

My local dealer sells this gun for 579+tax. It's back ordered till may.

I found a used one. Test fired by S&W on 5/25/2012. About 300-500 rounds they it. He is asking 550.

At gun shows, gun broker and armslist they are going for up to 850.

Should I jump on the deal or wait for a new one?
I would buy it for $500.
If the ad reads 'asking $550' that means they will shave $50 off or ask for holster/ammo to sweeten the deal.
Always buy quality firearms on the secondary market as long as both parties are legit.