Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Help choose a .22 pistol.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #21
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
X4 on the p22, the only problem my cousin has had with his over the 2500 or so rounds he's fed it is the front sight fell off, so we need to contact S&W about that.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #22
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 Rugers, a Buckmark, a SW 34, and a Colt Frontier Scout.
The Buckmark is the one that always goes to the range with me.
Much better trigger than the Rugers and better ergonomics.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #23
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger Mark II all the way
Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #24
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Few choices are as proven as the Ruger MKII/III series, or the Buck Mark. I have a Ruger Mark 1, a Mark III 22/45, and a Buck Mark Camper (along with a S&W kit gun in 22LR, as well as a Beretta 21A).

The Buck Mark is nice, especially with the TacSol barrel on it, but I'm selling it and keeping my new 22/45. Personal preference only, they're both nice guns.

22/45 and Buck Mark in the pic.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #25
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you've already got a Kimber 1911 then I'd look at either the Kimber .22 conversion (replaces the upper assembly of your 1911), one of the GSG 1911 .22s or a Ruger 22/45. The first two are based off the 1911 and would be excellent for training, the 22/45 has the same style grip as a 1911 but a different overall feel.

The GSG and some of the Rugers come threaded if you think you might want to add a suppressor some day. The Ruger 22/45 with a suppressor on it (and a Volquartsen trigger group and bushing) has quickly become my favorite gun to shoot.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #26
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I like my Ruger SR-22. It shoots nice, seems to take any ammo I put through it and was pretty inexpensive (around $300).
x2. have shot my buddys. we put pretty cheap ammo and it shot it fine. and better ammo shot fine. nice trigger pull and just has a really good feel.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #28
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger SR22 all the way.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #29
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
just sold my walther p22 about a month ago. very picky with ammo. great gun otherwise
Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #30
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
God, anything but Ruger 22/45's or MK-I/II/III.

They are the damn rubiks cubes of the gun world
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #31
Dizzy TRD is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Dizzy TRD's Tacoma Gallery
For plinking on the cheap ($150) you can't beat the Heritage Arms Rough Rider. Hundreds of rounds through mine, yes it took awhile loading one by one but issues at all.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #32
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Planning on getting a 22/45 lite in the coming months. Personal preference... and im a ruger fan
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #33
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
The OP asked about pistols, but a Single Six Convertible is a nice revolver,and having the .22 mag cylinder is a bonus.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #34
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Few choices are as proven as the Ruger MKII/III series, or the Buck Mark. I have a Ruger Mark 1, a Mark III 22/45, and a Buck Mark Camper (along with a S&W kit gun in 22LR, as well as a Beretta 21A).

The Buck Mark is nice, especially with the TacSol barrel on it, but I'm selling it and keeping my new 22/45. Personal preference only, they're both nice guns.

22/45 and Buck Mark in the pic.
Sold the buck mark, kept the 22/45, zero regrets.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #35
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Whaaaaaaat

By the way.... what are you gona use it for ? Reason is there are so many pistols in 22lr that you should consider what your primary reason for buying one is. Concealed carry, plinking, snakes/varmit etc. Let us know what your plans are and im shure your choice will be more educated.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #36
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
God, anything but Ruger 22/45's or MK-I/II/III.

They are the damn rubiks cubes of the gun world
Watch a couple of Youtube videos on how to reassemble them then do it a couple of times and they're pretty easy. Just don't force them, if they don't go back together fairly easy something's not in the right place.

On a side note, if you get a new Ruger MKIII series (including the 22/45), plan on replacing the trigger with a Volquartsen assembly. The difference is amazing. At the very least get the trigger bushing for the MKII series and install it to get rid of the stupid magazine safety. Again, there are videos on youtube that walk you through how to install these.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #37
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
This is my favorite plinker. Ruger MKIII 22/45 target. It is extremely accurate and a squirrels worst nightmare. My dad has had his original MKI for 20+ years and after thousands and thousands of rounds it is still perfect and very accurate. I added a slip on grip and a red/green dot to mine for the hell of it.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #38
rascalrider has a spectacular aura aboutrascalrider has a spectacular aura about

Name: Carroll
rascalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
Ruger SR22 all the way.
This^^^