Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

To Own A Gun In Canada

Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #22
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I thihnk that all depends on how the residents feel. Out here, in Az, most people would not tollerate such an ordeal when purchasing a weapon. However.....in great Britan, that might be an acceptable set of regs., to allow for ownership.
this, it depends on what hoops they had to jump through before, if i lived in arizona and went to canada to buy a gun it'd be a no-go, here in Cali i'm used to laws like that (still not as bad, but anyway).

question for the canadians, do they allow "high" (normal) capacity mags for firearms?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
As an avid gun collector, they should do this in the US.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thihnk that all depends on how the residents feel. Out here, in Az, most people would not tollerate such an ordeal when purchasing a weapon. However.....in great Britan, that might be an acceptable set of regs., to allow for ownership.
Canada isn't in Great Britain

Typical
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Canada isn't in Great Britain

Typical
I didnt post in error. GB doesnt allow for guns as much as Canada does.

Cant understand English.....typical.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didnt post in error. GB doesnt allow for guns as much as Canada does.

Cant understand English.....typical.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #27
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are not understanding what he wrote? I get it.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #28

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I thought the thread was about Canadian gun laws
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #29
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe in your state, but in "America" every state has different laws. Chances are you are not be speaking for the other 49 states.
+1

The Canadian ownership requirements are more inline with what US "May Issue" states require for the application of a concealed carry permit.

But for ownership, this is the fundamental difference between the government granting a privilege, and the revocation of an enumerated right through due process.
It's an extension of the "innocent until proven guilty" philosophy of the US system that is somewhat unique in the world.

We are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
We have the right to _______ until we have proven that we should not have that right. The right is then revoked through due process, and not without due process.

The Canadian requirements are the opposite.
You have to prove your "innocence" and that you are responsible enough to own a gun.

But the problem is the same on both sides of the border.
These laws do not have any impact on those who believe that they are above the law, or those who don't believe they will be caught.
Criminals can and will always find a way to obtain whatever weapon they feel would be most effective in carrying out their crime, be it a gun, bat, knife, or a pair of wire cutters and clip leads (it is illegal in California for someone convicted of burglary to be in possession of some electronic tools).

Gun restrictions operate under the utopian assumption that if criminals can not legally obtain a gun, they will not have one available to use.
We had a TANK stolen from the military down in San Diego about 15 or 20 years ago. Criminals will get what they need.

It has been suggested that guns be equipped with biometric devices that only allow them to be fired by the registered owner... similar to biometric gun safes.
Problem: Like all of the cars on the road without airbags, you can't retroactively enforce this on the millions of guns that have been sold over the last 300 years. Provisions would also need to be made for the owner to give others temporary or permanent permission. I would not own a gun that could not be fired at any time by both myself and my wife. I would not own one that I could not allow my boss to borrow for a day on the range.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
He's a little "slow".
Old 02-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #31
gibby0087 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gibby0087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
this, it depends on what hoops they had to jump through before, if i lived in arizona and went to canada to buy a gun it'd be a no-go, here in Cali i'm used to laws like that (still not as bad, but anyway).

question for the canadians, do they allow "high" (normal) capacity mags for
firearms?
It depends on the gun long rifles are 5 but tube fed is whatever the gun can hold, and rim fire is unlimited
Pistols are 10
Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #32
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He's a little "slow".
To much Maple syrup
Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #33

Quote:
To much Maple syrup
Thats what Im thinking,.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #34
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought the thread was about Canadian gun laws
It is.

He was just comparing two extremes of public attitudes.
In AZ, few would tolerate it.
In GB, few would oppose it.
In Canada, I'm sure feelings are mixed, as they would be in many states here.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #35
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibby0087 View Post
It depends on the gun long rifles are 5 but tube fed is whatever the gun can hold, and rim fire is unlimited
Pistols are 10
you guys are getting f*cked worse than us Cali guys.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
It is.

He was just comparing two extremes of public attitudes.
In AZ, few would tolerate it.
In GB, few would oppose it.
In Canada, I'm sure feelings are mixed, as they would be in many states here.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #37
gibby0087 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gibby0087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh totally for stuff like that, it's dumb that they allow us to buy the high cap mags but they pin them to only hold 5 rounds
Old 02-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #38
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

you got drum mags for 10/22's legal? I wish I could get some 25rd-100rd mags "legally"

I would love unrestricted rimfire and my state currently has 15 round max on everything anyway. My pistols max out at 10 rounds so I could care less
Old 02-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #39
jage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to all
jage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
15. Run to the gun store and touch everything that you could only dream of .
You can't touch them in the gun store until you have a license?

That's messed up man.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #40
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I think a big issue in the whole gun debate focuses too much just on just crime. That leads to the typical "criminals will always get guns" argument and ignores all the accidental shootings that occur. That's where I think the first few items on that list are great. Proper training and education (at least for your first purchase anyways). Naturally the same way you'll never eliminate all gun violence, you'll never get rid of all gun accidents either. But I'd think you'd be able to reduce that if someone who's never touched a gun before can just go out and buy one. Proper operation and storage are just as big of an issue as intentional gun violence is IMO.