Notices

Looking for a pistol

Old 02-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i would PERSONALLY...not get a 9mm...though the ammo is cheap...but again thats my personal preference...
thats what i was staying away from...its just doesnt have enough punch like i want
Old 02-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudontheTires View Post
well since you'll be at a Texas gun show, jus go ahead and get one of these

haha i wish that thing looks awesome
Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #24
west467 is on a distinguished road

west467's Tacoma Gallery
If your in the market for a .45 Auto....Kimber Custom...you will not be disappointed. Be prepaired to spend a little more. Everytime I shoot mine, I am amazed at how accurate it is for such a large round.

I am serious, do not look at any other full sized 1911, other than the Kimber!!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I highly recommend testing out an XD or XDm. Pistol perfection.
XDs are nice and all...but i didnt care for the one i had...traded it on another glock...the XD just didnt FEEL right in my hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by west467 View Post
If your in the market for a .45 Auto....Kimber Custom...you will not be disappointed. Be prepaired to spend a little more. Everytime I shoot mine, I am amazed at how accurate it is for such a large round.

I am serious, do not look at any other full sized 1911, other than the Kimber!!!!
Kimber

My buddy has a couple...the one i like best is the the Eclipse Ultra II

its like pure sex
Old 02-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #26
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
sigs are nice guns...however my personal preference is Glock...

i trust my life EVERY day with my glock...and when i need it to...i know itll work...however a lot of people dont like they way they feel in their hands...

Exactly, i hate glock just because of the way they feel in my own hand. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them, just not my thing. I love Sig but this just goes to show that what is perfect for someone isnt for you. Just fire a few and figure out what fits for you!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm suprised nobody has mention Heckler and Koch. They have a whole bunch of pistols in your caliber range, and they are very reliable.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #28
BTHOB

how much do the glock 27, XD, XDm, and the kimber go for?
anyone know anymore about the heckler and koch?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #29
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
how much do the glock 27, XD, XDm, and the kimber go for?
anyone know anymore about the heckler and koch?

i think i paid $550 for my G27 brand new with a hogue grip (which ive since tossed) and a magazine extension...it also has night sights etc
Old 02-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #30
Banned
Cain Matthew is a splendid one to beholdCain Matthew is a splendid one to beholdCain Matthew is a splendid one to beholdCain Matthew is a splendid one to beholdCain Matthew is a splendid one to beholdCain Matthew is a splendid one to beholdCain Matthew is a splendid one to behold
Cain Matthew's Tacoma Gallery
The XDs are in the $500- $550 range give or take.
The XD is a design mix of the Glock, Sig and 1911.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
BTHOB

ive been looking online and i keep coming back to this XD...anyone know more about it?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #32
evaforhire is on a distinguished road
evaforhire's Tacoma Gallery
pistols

Do to my job I see a lot of guns and injuries from them. If you want self protection to stop a human get a 45 cal auto. If you want to practice shooting the 9 mm is way cheaper to shoot. I think the glock is the best self defense tested gun for reasonable amount of money. Less parts to mess up/jam. Easy to clean. I own and have many friends with springfield xd's and we all love them. The holding angle is better than the glock and has a grip saftey. It is also really easy to clean.
In my career, I have seen probably a hundred individuals shot with 9mm and 40 cal. that walked away and lived. I have seen one individual walk away from a 45 cal shot. It didn't really count because he blew off his finger. A no lethal hit. Just my two cents worth
Old 02-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #33
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Im planning on getting the XD45 Compact as soon as my check comes in from the fender bender
Old 02-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #34
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaforhire View Post
Do to my job I see a lot of guns and injuries from them. If you want self protection to stop a human get a 45 cal auto. If you want to practice shooting the 9 mm is way cheaper to shoot. I think the glock is the best self defense tested gun for reasonable amount of money. Less parts to mess up/jam. Easy to clean. I own and have many friends with springfield xd's and we all love them. The holding angle is better than the glock and has a grip saftey. It is also really easy to clean.
In my career, I have seen probably a hundred individuals shot with 9mm and 40 cal. that walked away and lived. I have seen one individual walk away from a 45 cal shot. It didn't really count because he blew off his finger. A no lethal hit. Just my two cents worth
wow ive been looking at .40 and .45 mainly. i dont plan on shooting anyone, but probably some hogs if need be. im really liking the Springfield XD 5 Inch Tactical OD Green .45 ACP
Old 02-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #36
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

bah...i carry a .40 every day...i fully believe that i can stop a normal person with it

cracked out or wearing body armor or shitty shot placement...maybe wont take them down...but even a single .22 shot can kill a man when placed properly
Old 02-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #37
evaforhire is on a distinguished road
evaforhire's Tacoma Gallery
Hey,
I agree any bullet can kill. I just took care of a guy who was shot in the chest at 15 yards with a 40 cal and he also took one in the pelvis. It didn't even break his pelvic bone. He was still fighting and kicking. The sad thing is that he was back on the streets in a few days, and I saw him again for a similar problem. Some people never learn.....Get a 45 cal glock or xd
Old 02-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #38
BTHOB

what do yall think about revolvers? i dont think i like them compared to the automatic pistols, but my dad has a dan wesson .357 thats pretty nice..which one on average costs more - an automatic or revolver?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #39
DesmoBob is on a distinguished road

DesmoBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
what do yall think about revolvers? i dont think i like them compared to the automatic pistols, but my dad has a dan wesson .357 thats pretty nice..which one on average costs more - an automatic or revolver?
Revolvers are way more reliable. No worries about FTEs or FTFs, but you only get 6 (or 5 or 7) shots. But with your .357, you won't need 6 shots!

Like others have said, you gotta try out as many as you can get your hands on. Personally I find Glocks a little uncomfortable. With repeated practice at the range, I got used to the Glock "feel" (I have a G22), but it's not my favorite for "fun" target shooting. However Glocks are ridiculously easy to detail strip (not just field strip) in just a few minutes; a freakin screen door has more parts than a Glock. Cleaning is also very easy.

I really like 1911s (unfortunately I don't own one), for me it's probably one of the most comfortable and easy to fire pistols. Again, that's just personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west467 View Post
(Ahem) Les Baer
Heh just kidding, I'd have no idea as I've never handled a LB or Kimber. My former coworker knew I was interested in a 1911, and said just get a LB. Then I knew he was joking when I saw the price.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:31 AM   #40
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I have the XD .40. I find it extremely reliable and fun to shoot. If I were in the market now I would look at the XDM! Springfield has made some major upgrades to the grip to an already awesome weapon. As for the 9mm, .40 to .45 debate. It is my opinion that if you are not able to take something down with a .40 then well you should not be sooting them or a .45 won't really help. With the .45 you have to start thinking about what else the round will hit after it goes through your target. Same with the .40 but the type of round minmizes that for the most part. Overall you will be pleased with whatever Springfield XD you buy plus you can swap the barrel to whatever cal you want down the road.