Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Looking for a pistol

Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
BTHOB
archerytarget will become famous soon enough

archerytarget's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a pistol

does anyone have any suggestions for a .357 mag, .45 auto, or .40 pistol? been looking at some and stuck now. any suggestions or preferences for what's best? reasonably priced? thanks...
Old 02-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Texan
MudontheTires is on a distinguished road

MudontheTires's Tacoma Gallery
what have you been looking at? what's reasonably priced to you?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
BTHOB

ive mainly looked at springfield, smith & wesson and glock...priced around 500 at most
Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudontheTires View Post
what have you been looking at? what's reasonably priced to you?
x2 have you held any or fired any? anything you really liked?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
BTHOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
x2 have you held any or fired any? anything you really liked?
well my dad has a s&w 357 mag that i like, but i like the auto pistols better..
Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

go hold and if you can...fire some...youre going to get a million different options of things you should buy...but when it comes down to it...you should get something YOURE comfortable holding and shooting
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Texan

i'm just throwing this out there although i have no experience with this pistol, but SigArms has got a new polymer frame pistol out that is priced at around $499. I've got one of the German P6's and my buddy's got a P229 and they both shoot great. Sig's always been of good quality in my book except for that bastard child the "mosquito" which was basically a waste of $300
Old 02-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Texan

Quote:
go hold and if you can...fire some...youre going to get a million different options of things you should buy...but when it comes down to it...you should get something YOURE comfortable holding and shooting
x2 on that one though
Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

sigs are nice guns...however my personal preference is Glock...

i trust my life EVERY day with my glock...and when i need it to...i know itll work...however a lot of people dont like they way they feel in their hands...
Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
BTHOB

Quote:
ill try to go to a gun show soon (if we have one here soon) and go to some retailers and hold a few. i'm basically looking for something that can be handy when i need it even though i hope i wont need it...also to take hunting to shoot snakes, fend off hogs, etc
Old 02-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
HighPlains will become famous soon enoughHighPlains will become famous soon enough
HighPlains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm just throwing this out there although i have no experience with this pistol, but SigArms has got a new polymer frame pistol out that is priced at around $499. I've got one of the German P6's and my buddy's got a P229 and they both shoot great. Sig's always been of good quality in my book except for that bastard child the "mosquito" which was basically a waste of $300
The mosquito is the only Sig I do not yet own. Reason being are the poor reviews that they consistently get. What is the deal? Sig is legendary for their accuracy and reliability why put the Sig name on such a poor product?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Texan

Quote:
sigs are nice guns...however my personal preference is Glock...

i trust my life EVERY day with my glock...and when i need it to...i know itll work...however a lot of people dont like they way they feel in their hands...
haha i'm not going to argue glocks are good pistols since i've got a g19 myself, but they're just not my preference. My current favorite is my Beretta Px4 Storm. It's different, really low recoil, and it looks beautiful haha; but i'll trust my life to my Springfield M1911
Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlains View Post
The mosquito is the only Sig I do not yet own. Reason being are the poor reviews that they consistently get. What is the deal? Sig is legendary for their accuracy and reliability why put the Sig name on such a poor product?
haha yeah. don't waste you're money like i did. I read all the poor reviews but i figured it's SIG ahh why the hell not haha. the bastard is EXTREMELY ammo picky.. so for the rest of her life she'll just sit in her case and look pretty. i dont' think i'd have it in me to curse someone by selling her
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #14
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerytarget View Post
ill try to go to a gun show soon (if we have one here soon) and go to some retailers and hold a few. i'm basically looking for something that can be handy when i need it even though i hope i wont need it...also to take hunting to shoot snakes, fend off hogs, etc
yeah the gun shows have plenty to look through.. and don't forget in Texas you can buy as many as your bank account will allow!! ...just incase you find yourself liking more than one
Old 02-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #15
BTHOB

Quote:
yeah the gun shows have plenty to look through.. and don't forget in Texas you can buy as many as your bank account will allow!! ...just incase you find yourself liking more than one
well crap there goes all my money
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

definately "test drive" anything you like and make sure its comfortable...

and dont go broke at the gun show
Old 02-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #17
BTHOB

ill try to restrain myself but cant make any promises...do yall have any suggestions to start out with? personal protection, shook snakes, fend off hogs..?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i would PERSONALLY...not get a 9mm...though the ammo is cheap...but again thats my personal preference...
Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

also...i LOVE my Glock 27...i can conceal that bitch anywhere just about
Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #20
Texan

well since you'll be at a Texas gun show, jus go ahead and get one of these