Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Any one here got a 1911?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #41
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a couple 1911's over the years and now just have one that is a family heirloom, a Colt 1911 made in 1914 according to the serial number. I respect them for what they are: a great design that has stood the test of time.

But for my actual use I prefer a revolver, Smith & Wesson specifically and have some in all sizes and cailbers. When I feel like a semi-auto I have a couple Glocks that get used frequently too. I have been shooting for over 40 years and these are my choices based on my preferences. Your choices will likely be different, but try to shoot some of everything when you have the opportunity so YOU can make your own choices not just what is popular at the moment. The past few years I have spent most of my shooting time in rifle competition and practicing the same, so the handguns have seen way too much rest!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #42
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i've got/had both smith and ruger 44 revolvers...i like both and they both have pros and cons

the smith has an INCREDIBLE trigger...the ruger can handle big boy loads
Yup... Pretty sure they made the Alaskan before Smith developed the 500mag.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #43
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
My Remington 1911 R1.

All I've done to it are add VZ Alien Grips, a Wolff 18.5 lb recoil spring and a heavy duty Wolff firing pin spring. I hope to add a new hammer and beavertail, but can't find a reputable 1911 gunsmith in the area to do the install. I don't want to screw it up myself.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #44
jdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdmbooger's Tacoma Gallery
Springfield Mil-spec
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #45
10ga is on a distinguished road

10ga's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought this one last month, Sig Scorpion 1911

Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #46
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Kimber Ultra Carry
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #47
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
ive shown this before in another thread..
wilson combat cqb compact 45. with grips my brother made for it.

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #48
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
My Remington 1911 R1.

All I've done to it are add VZ Alien Grips, a Wolff 18.5 lb recoil spring and a heavy duty Wolff firing pin spring. I hope to add a new hammer and beavertail, but can't find a reputable 1911 gunsmith in the area to do the install. I don't want to screw it up myself.
I did my beaver tail myself. Just take your time and go slow. What I did was I set a point with a marker file until the ink is off and check again. Took roughly 3-4 hours...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #49
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post

No that sir is a damn fine 1911, congratulations. And tell your brother as I suspect he already knows, he does some mighty nice work.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #50
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post

Nice piece.
I'm halfway through reloading 700rds of 45acp.
When I'm finished, I'll call you to go shooting.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #51
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
I have 4 of them. 3 of them dan wessons 2 are 45s one 10 mm. Also one colt 45.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #52
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I did my beaver tail myself. Just take your time and go slow. What I did was I set a point with a marker file until the ink is off and check again. Took roughly 3-4 hours...
I could probably do it, but I have no time, and if I rushed it and messed up I would be so mad. I'll think about it this summer maybe...
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #53
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
My Sig 1911 in a 45 cal.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #54
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
I have a Kimber 1911 eclipse and I love it. It was also my first hand gun. Most people would not recommend 1911 as your first gun as it's a little more involved in dissambly and reassembly as there are more pieces. Kimbers are built tight and will need 200-500 rounds to loosen up a bit and within the breaking period I experienced some jamming but after 250 rounds and a spring change, I have not experience a problem at all.

I have that exact same pistol, Eclipse Custom 2.

It shoots like a dream and I have had countless offers from others to buy it from me and I continue to refuse. As for the first-time pistol factor, you will be fine as long as you respect it, clean it religiously, and spend time shooting it. Don't be intimidated by the fact that it has more parts than the average pistol, get online, watch a few disassembly reassembly vids and get familiar with it.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #55
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C O R E View Post
I have that exact same pistol, Eclipse Custom 2.

It shoots like a dream and I have had countless offers from others to buy it from me and I continue to refuse. As for the first-time pistol factor, you will be fine as long as you respect it, clean it religiously, and spend time shooting it. Don't be intimidated by the fact that it has more parts than the average pistol, get online, watch a few disassembly reassembly vids and get familiar with it.
o dude i am an engineer. The First thing I wanna do is take it apart!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #56
Ragin Cajun
Plik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant futurePlik has a brilliant future

Plik's Tacoma Gallery
got some new grips for my Springfield...

Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #57
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
My new grips...

Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #58
Banger4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
Banger4's Tacoma Gallery
Kimber Pro Raptor

I've owned my Kimber Pro Raptor for about 3 years now and love it. It is my carry and although it is heavy, it sure is accurate and reliable. I purchased it used from BudsGunShop.com.