Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Advice on .22 rifle

Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #21
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
Okay obviously the 10/22 is the favorite. Now the question is, what model? (Carbine, tactical, sporter, etc)

Depends on the mods you want to do to it.

I would not buy an expensive model to only swap out the stock, barrel, and everything else. If you don't want to mod it the purchase depends on your uses and budget. All are good.

I have actually been buying parts first. Ill get the gun eventually. At this point all I need to find is a upper, lower, and some mags.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #22
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
my question is why are you set on a semi .22? you said you want something easy to maintain. IMO, as far as ease of maintenance, you want a bolt action.

you are looking for a .22 which means you want it for target, small game hunting, or general plinking. no matter the use, the bolt action will be much simpler and much more reliable than any semi auto. the 10/22 is a great gun, dont get me wrong, but look at what you want it for and decide from there. personally, my favorite .22 is a 1954 winchester bolt action that I put a scope on.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
on the other hand (referring to the post above), the 10/22 is by far the most customizable .22, possibly even weapon, on the market. it has more stock options and attachments than any other weapon I know. Like I said, it all boils down to what you are looking for primarily and how you will be using it
Old 02-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #25
mudking is on a distinguished road
mudking's Tacoma Gallery
GSG-522
Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #26
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
on the other hand (referring to the post above), the 10/22 is by far the most customizable .22, possibly even weapon, on the market. it has more stock options and attachments than any other weapon I know. Like I said, it all boils down to what you are looking for primarily and how you will be using it
It really does. See I wouldn't do much to the 522 because it comes pretty much how I want it. If I got a 10/22 I'd do a full build.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #27
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
10/22
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #28
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
10/22 for sure throw a kidd barrel on it and you got one hell of a tack driver
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #29
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Yes on the 10-22 you cannot go wrong.
The problem is finding .22 ammo
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #30
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I know a lot of people like the 10/22, but I would also recommend the Sig 522. They're grrreat! Haven't heard anyone with left-hand issues.

Yabba Dabba Doo!!

I actually don't have one but want one
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #31
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with a 10 / 22 as all have said mods out the ying / yang though all are pricey right now if you can even find one last one I bought was 259 but now you can't even find one if you look on gun brokers you can but they are in the 380 and up range. They have 10 round mags extras were like 12 bucks a piece they also have 25 rounders they were 23 bucks now more like 30 and 60 and up . I own several other 22's marlin and mossberg but there are not alot of mods out there for them.

Cypher
Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #32
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer a semi auto because I don't want to rely on the one shot to hit my target. I know many skilled marksmen here would reply by saying "well if you're good enough you only need one shot" but no I'm not good enough and I would like the ability to fire additional shots.

And I'm very open to learning how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble a semi automatic system I just wanted to make sure I didn't buy something that was unnecessarily complicated and regret it later.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #33
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I know a lot of people like the 10/22, but I would also recommend the Sig 522. They're grrreat! Haven't heard anyone with left-hand issues.

Digging it! Anyone have any pics of their 10/22?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #34
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Digging it! Anyone have any pics of their 10/22?
Who can stop at just one; they've been posted here before, but hell, I'll whore'em out again.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #35
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I do love my 522 as well...

I've considered a 10/22 several times, but end up not buying one because i don't need more money pits

I also have a Norinco JW-15A bolt action with 5rd mag...for being an old, beat up, sub $100 gun...it's more accurate than I am and SUPER quiet with subsonic rounds
Old 02-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #36
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy my norinco again
Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #37
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The 10/22 is amazing!

BUT, I got a hell of a deal on a Mossberg Plinkster (Semi auto, 10rd clip, all black with synthetic stock) and have over 1000 rounds through it and haven't had an issue!

Both are cheap and fun as hell to shoot!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #38
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I prefer a semi auto because I don't want to rely on the one shot to hit my target. I know many skilled marksmen here would reply by saying "well if you're good enough you only need one shot" but no I'm not good enough and I would like the ability to fire additional shots.

And I'm very open to learning how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble a semi automatic system I just wanted to make sure I didn't buy something that was unnecessarily complicated and regret it later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eobAjygRpIo
Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #39
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
The 10/22 is amazing!

BUT, I got a hell of a deal on a Mossberg Plinkster (Semi auto, 10rd clip, all black with synthetic stock) and have over 1000 rounds through it and haven't had an issue!

Both are cheap and fun as hell to shoot!
i have the mossberg 715t, which is just the barrel/action from a 702 plinkster in a polymer 1 piece frame to make it look like an AR. shoots pretty sweet.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #40
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I am very fond of my 15-22. I got it over the 10/22 because I plan on getting an AR-15 when I get the chance. It field strips in seconds, and feeds most ammo without an issue. It will also accept almost any AR aftermarket part, including Fire Control Groups (Trigger Assemblies).