Old 02-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #41
J Gibson is on a distinguished road

Navy: Hospital Corpsman, 4th MarDiv
Name: J
J Gibson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
^^^^^^ what they said

unless.... you want to be able to hold more than 10 rounds legally, then check out the marlin 60 http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...Loading/60.asp
You can buy 50 round mags for the Ruger 10/22. I guess the legality varies from state to state, but they are out there.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #42
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
along those lines, what is the best 22 bolt action you can get for <$150?
look into the Marlin Model 95, great gun!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #43
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
10/22
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #44
strip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
strip's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger SR22R is a fully dressed ar style 22 built on the 10/22 action. It's a lil cheaper to buy this gun from ruger with the nordic components on it than to buy a 10/22 and add nordic compnents later. I compete with mine often and will say that the 10/22's dominate action 22 sports.

Check out the vid I made on my club website. The young man at the start of the vid is shooting a box stock sr22r

http://www.oldfortgunclub.com/organi...ts/22-extreme/
Old 02-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #45
jdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdmbooger's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Sig Sauer 522 (SWAT commando version) and I love it!!!

However... you can't go wrong with a Ruger 10/22!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #46
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
damn you guys got sum perty guns if I do say so myself unfortunately I'm on a bit....more like a lot....of a budget so quality and price are my top priorities. extra features I'll deal with later when I get more money.

what'd you guys pay for your 10/22? and where?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #47
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I have an HK416D (imported by Umarex) and it is a blast to shoot.

Looks and feels similar to the HK416 5.56 version.

The good and the bad
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #48
Aerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdAerial Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Flight Mech
Name: Andre
Aerial Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Def a 10/22
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #49
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
damn you guys got sum perty guns if I do say so myself unfortunately I'm on a bit....more like a lot....of a budget so quality and price are my top priorities. extra features I'll deal with later when I get more money.

what'd you guys pay for your 10/22? and where?
Think I paid right at $200 for mine at Academy here in TX. Mine is the standard blued with walnut stock. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used one either, as long as the condition is good, there's really not a whole lot that can go wrong with these guns. Good luck with your search!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #50
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Think I paid right at $200 for mine at Academy here in TX. Mine is the standard blued with walnut stock. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used one either, as long as the condition is good, there's really not a whole lot that can go wrong with these guns. Good luck with your search!
I have searched high and low and can NOT find a used one anywhere .
I kind of gave up because I figured anyone who owned one wouldn't part with it for its obvious reliability and it was probably a lot of peoples' first as well. oh well I'll have to keep my eye out for one here possibly!
still would like input on price so I can bring the right amount of cash with me!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #51
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't think about warning you, with all the runs on ammo etc..., people but every 10/22 that hits the shelves as fast as they can get their wallet out because they are very easy to build into tactical style guns
Old 02-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #53
watermelon has a spectacular aura aboutwatermelon has a spectacular aura about

watermelon's Tacoma Gallery
+1
From what you have said, a 10/22 would be right up your alley.
Cheap
Reliable
Highly customisable
Will eat any ammo
Ridiculously accurate
Fun
Great starter gun

As others have said, if you are going to customize a lot of it - buy a used one or the cheapest one you can find. All you need is the receiver and all of the parts you will end up replacing anyways. Or you can just sell the takeoff parts as you buy aftermarket parts. Check out rimfirecentral.com for more info than anyone will should ever
need on rimfires.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #54
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Www.armslist.com

It's like a big online gun show and you'll have to weed thru the idiots but eventually that right deal will show up