LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Advice on .22 rifle

Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Advice on .22 rifle

I am looking to purchase a .22 semi automatic rifle. This will be somewhat of a first rifle purchase so I want something that will be easy to maintain and operate but also customizable and will allow for further upgrading as time goes on. I like the look and feel of the ar15 style but I'm open to suggestions.
I am also a left handed shooter so I would like something that has an option to convert to left hand or at least doesn't throw hot brass in my face. Many thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
jgillchevy is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired 11B 1SG
jgillchevy's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger

My vote is for the Ruger 10/22 semi automatic rifle. It is VERY popular, reliable, and "upgradeable." There are a TON of aftermarket items sold for it. It is very fun to shooy, plus it is not "needy" at all on cleaning, if your lazy about cleaning your weapons this is one gun you can shoot for a long time between cleaning w/ little to no malfunctions. A GREAT rifle!! About $230-$250 at walmart I think, you can buy w/ synthetic or wood stock.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
10/22
Check here for some good mods/builds
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...rs-thread.html
Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
jgillchevy is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired 11B 1SG
jgillchevy's Tacoma Gallery
Oh Yea.....

I also am a left handed shooter and never had any problem w/ hot brass in face,.....it ejects the brass out away from your face.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Ruger 10/22 with a synthetic stock from Big 5 Sporting Goods a while back while they were having their sale. An extremely fun and low cost rifle to own.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
10/22
Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i vote 10/22 as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^ what they said

unless.... you want to be able to hold more than 10 rounds legally, then check out the marlin 60 http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...Loading/60.asp
Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Okay obviously the 10/22 is the favorite. Now the question is, what model? (Carbine, tactical, sporter, etc)
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
HillBillyRedNeck is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electrician
Name: JOSH
HillBillyRedNeck's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger is definitely where you will get the best bang for your buck
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
o5tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
o5tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
like everyone else says, ruger 10/22!! no complaints about mine
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Ruger 10/22 carbine, in stainless steel w/ synthetic stock. Its pretty tits.

Pick pretty much whatever style 10/22 you want...they are all great.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
Okay obviously the 10/22 is the favorite. Now the question is, what model? (Carbine, tactical, sporter, etc)
Depends on if your gonna build it up or not. If so just buy the cheapest one you can and upgrade from there
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #14
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
My vote is for the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. That thing is bad ass!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #16
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Depends on if your gonna build it up or not. If so just buy the cheapest one you can and upgrade from there
this is what I would do/did. I built more of a target rifle. to get an Idea of what you can do with a 10/22 that is upgraded to be a tacticool, check this out, it is a thread from rimfire central to post pictures of your tactical 10/22s

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=112771
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #17
Racer X will become famous soon enough
Firefighter:
Racer X's Tacoma Gallery
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
This is what most people do. There are lots of tactical stocks available for the 10/22, I like the Troy T22 best. Not a tactical stock per say, but I love my Hogue over mold stock. Here's mine.

Attached Thumbnails
Advice on .22 rifle-2012-03-01_21-47-32_390.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
This is what most people do. There are lots of tactical stocks available for the 10/22, I like the Troy T22 best. Not a tactical stock per say, but I love my Hogue over mold stock. Here's mine.

I have that same stock on mine. I love it.

Yeah hands down the 10/22. A MP would be fun, but the 10/22 is a crazy accurate .22lr out-of-the-box, and with a heavy bull barrel and Voltz trigger it's almost unfair. Super reliable, 1,000's of aftermarket parts.

If you're getting an AR style gun, save up and buy an AR when they are back in stock. Don't even think twice about it.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
JW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJW87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JW
JW87's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger 10/22 unlimited customization options. sturdy and easy to clean
Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Never been into the tactical 10/22's myself so what I did was buy the cheapest new 10/22 off the shelf and just use the action in a boyds stock with a bull barrel.