Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

A special Thank You to all the ammo hoarders out there

Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #21
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
Seriously, This is way out of control. I get to go pick up my Sig Sauer 1911-22 today, and then bring it home and stare at it. Why wouldn't I clean it, then go shoot it, you ask. Because I can't find a dang blang box of 22lr anywhere. Fucking sad. 22lr, seriously guys..........Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I can go try out the new plinker.
...there's a cause and effect for most things in life... we aren't the "cause"...

...most folks w/ heads above sand stockpiled prior to , or during the 2009 frenzy, ...or had the wherewithall to buy before nov 2012...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
e
Quote your source for such a claim.
http://news.yahoo.com/homeland-secur...190840538.html
Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wouldn't a government agency just be able to get a standing order filled without having to buy from retailers ?
they have to solicit contract bids from suppliers for filling orders for ammo/etc., like most all things...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
It's like that old Chris Rock line- "we don't need gun control, we need bullet control".
Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #25
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i disagree to a point

the suppliers are TRYING, but there are a ton of people out there who dont shoot regularly who are just stock piling or reselling at a higher price making it more difficult for those of us who actually shoot on a regular basis to get the ammo we need to maintain a training regimen
X2 people don't realize that they have effectively crippled the industry for people that actually enjoy it and part take in it. Gun ranges have taken a huge hit. Now I feel like I need to get all the ammo I can because I actually enjoy going to then range and i know that if I want to go I can't just go to the store and buy a couple of boxes...

People stupid impulse, world is ending, ammo will never be available again, mentality has screwed the rest of us. Just look at the prices ammo and mags are going for. The cost of .223 ammo is going through the roof making it wayyy more expensive for us too shoot. In just a span of 2 years ammo has gone from 28-30 cents a round to what is it now? 70 cents to $1 per round? You wanna go to the range and shoot 3 mags of fmj and you're spending $75-$100.

Wolf steel cased fmj is now going for the same price that federal m855 used to sell for.

Thank you every one for making this one of the most expensive sports
Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #26

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
X2 people don't realize that they have effectively crippled the industry for people that actually enjoy it and part take in it. Gun ranges have taken a huge hit. Now I feel like I need to get all the ammo I can because I actually enjoy going to then range and i know that if I want to go I can't just go to the store and buy a couple of boxes...

People stupid impulse, world is ending, ammo will never be available again, mentality has screwed the rest of us. Just look at the prices ammo and mags are going for. The cost of .223 ammo is going through the roof making it wayyy more expensive for us too shoot. In just a span of 2 years ammo has gone from 28-30 cents a round to what is it now? 70 cents to $1 per round? You wanna go to the range and shoot 3 mags of fmj and you're spending $75-$100.

Wolf steel cased fmj is now going for the same price that federal m855 used to sell for.

Thank you every one for making this one of the most expensive sports
..like i said before, ...most folks who've been in the fight for some time, have stocked up well in advance of today... this is why a lot of folks keep stocks of ammo at home on the order of 1000s of rounds... i think a lot of the panic buying now are newbies, ...those just waking up to the game, and their are a lot of them...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
..like i said before, ...most folks who've been in the fight for some time, have stocked up well in advance of today... this is why a lot of folks keep stocks of ammo at home on the order of 1000s of rounds... i think a lot of the panic buying now are newbies, ...those just waking up to the game, and their are a lot of them...
agreed

but when you shoot several hundred rounds a month...you need to be able to restock your stash

I used to buy to replace every time i went to shoot...now i have to worry about whether or not I'll be able to restock
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #28

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
agreed

but when you shoot several hundred rounds a month...you need to be able to restock your stash

I used to buy to replace every time i went to shoot...now i have to worry about whether or not I'll be able to restock
..ah, you raise another aspect:

people are shooting MORE, ...and there are MORE people shooting... MORE...

...yeah if you're doing competition or something like that, ...probably sucks a bit trying to replenish stores... but still, ...the bigger the stockpile, the longer you can "coast" through the bad times...
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #29
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my shooting is not for competition or something i feel like i could maybe hold off on...i shoot to ensure that i will hit my target should I ever have to actually use my sidearm

I've recently had to quit fun shooting with my various firearms...i'm still maintaining my twice a month practice with my duty weapon...my 40 stockpile is starting to look like i dont have a stock pile :/
Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #30

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my shooting is not for competition or something i feel like i could maybe hold off on...i shoot to ensure that i will hit my target should I ever have to actually use my sidearm

I've recently had to quit fun shooting with my various firearms...i'm still maintaining my twice a month practice with my duty weapon...my 40 stockpile is starting to look like i dont have a stock pile :/
..now you make me feel guilty, ...as i haven't been getting to the range hardly at all...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #31
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't bought any new ammo since the shortage began, I already had a sufficient stash of ammo prior to the crazies. I have a 550 box of 22 that I use to pink with my kids rifles when we go to the range, but I haven't gone back to the range other than skeet shooting since the entire SHTF. I'm hearing estimates of 9 months until suppliers can ramp up to 100% just to attempt to meet demand (Not that they will be able to then).

I also do alot of reloading and luckily again I got my CCI #41 Small rifle military primers before SHTF. I have materials to reload 1000 rounds of 223, and 200 rounds of .308 or 30-06. Now, no primers can even be found as primers are being manufactured and sent to ammunition manufacturers.

My range days ( I used to go 3-4 times a month) are over for the foreseeable future.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #32
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If its your duty weapon, then doesnt your dept supply ammo for you to practice?

My cousin is a sheriff and he always got bags of it for his practice sessions. At least he used to, not sure if he still does or not. I'll have to ask him now.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #33
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
If its your duty weapon, then doesnt your dept supply ammo for you to practice?

My cousin is a sheriff and he always got bags of it for his practice sessions. At least he used to, not sure if he still does or not. I'll have to ask him now.
they supply me with practice ammo when I have to do dept mandated practice or qualification

anything else is on me
Old 02-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #34
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
My problem was I didn't have time to stock up. Turned 18 last year and I haven't been able to stock up. Now that I actually now what a shortage is like I will never let myself be inn the place I am again after everything comes back and prices go down again
Old 02-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #35
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they supply me with practice ammo when I have to do dept mandated practice or qualification

anything else is on me
So what is "dept mandated practice"= to. Once a month?

No offense to your brother officers out there but, personally, I want the cops to be able to shoot better. I mean, if you look at the statistics in most LEO shootings, the # of rounds expended is ridiculous when compared to # of rounds on target.

Good for you for staying above the minimum requirements. In my way of thinking, if you carry a gun for work, you should have to shoot AND HIT what your aiming at, at a 90% rate. Granted, under duress things do change but thats what the repetition would help with.

I think its BS that you should have to pay for "practice" on something that could cost you your life or someone elses.

Sorry for the rant. I feel for you man.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #36

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
My problem was I didn't have time to stock up. Turned 18 last year and I haven't been able to stock up. Now that I actually now what a shortage is like I will never let myself be inn the place I am again after everything comes back and prices go down again
...well, i think you are gaining valuable knowledge of the world which we live...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #37
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
So what is "dept mandated practice"= to. Once a month?

No offense to your brother officers out there but, personally, I want the cops to be able to shoot better. I mean, if you look at the statistics in most LEO shootings, the # of rounds expended is ridiculous when compared to # of rounds on target.

Good for you for staying above the minimum requirements. In my way of thinking, if you carry a gun for work, you should have to shoot AND HIT what your aiming at, at a 90% rate. Granted, under duress things do change but thats what the repetition would help with.

I think its BS that you should have to pay for "practice" on something that could cost you your life or someone elses.

Sorry for the rant. I feel for you man.

We have quals and practice once a year right now because of costs

Our qual involves a stress course simulating firing under stress and you have to hit i think 75% to pass

you get one remedial chance if you don't pass and then you get pulled from the road until you can pass

It's difficult enough that you need to shoot regularly on your own to do above the minimum
Old 02-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #38

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have quals and practice once a year right now because of costs

Our qual involves a stress course simulating firing under stress and you have to hit i think 75% to pass

you get one remedial chance if you don't pass and then you get pulled from the road until you can pass

It's difficult enough that you need to shoot regularly on your own to do above the minimum
I have so much to say about this, but in respect for forum rules I'll keep my mouth shut.

BS bro BS.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i know where youre going with that and i'll leave it at i dont disagree

the last course of fire i shot a 245/250...threw 1 freaking round because i got my belt caught on a seatbelt and took too long getting out of the vehicle and had to rush the shot
Old 02-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #40
520Toyota is on a distinguished road
Name: C.V.
520Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember how it all got started. I blame the communists in Washington.