Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

A special Thank You to all the ammo hoarders out there

Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #41
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Toyota View Post
Just remember how it all got started. I blame the communists in Washington.
and remember that political commentary is not allowed here and will get threads shut down
Old 02-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #42
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
there's still people coming in and buying the whole shipment of .308 and 5.56 here, before the stores even get to shelve it..

there never was tons of ammo here to start

So I sit with like 500 rds of 5.56, >1000 of .22...
Old 02-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
they supply me with practice ammo when I have to do dept mandated practice or qualification

anything else is on me
It is a damn shame when our country's protectors have to supply their own ammo to hone their skills. When so many lives depend on their actions and abilities it only makes good sense to supply ALL their shooting needs and allow them plenty of range time. A proficient Law Enforcement Officer is security for our country. Thank you all for your service and may God always have your six.
John
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #44
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
It is a damn shame when our country's protectors have to supply their own ammo to hone their skills. When so many lives depend on their actions and abilities it only makes good sense to supply ALL their shooting needs and allow them plenty of range time. A proficient Law Enforcement Officer is security for our country. Thank you all for your service and may God always have your six.
John

no one wants their taxes to go up...sooo....we work with the little bit of $$ the local govt designates, and make up the diff with narc seizures
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #45
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery

Really gonna blame the people who bought something before you?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #46
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased a .22 conversion for my Glock............cheaper to shoot, paid for itself, maintains my proficiency, shoot a couple of times a week.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #47
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
BB's and pellets are still cheap and can be found anywhere that sells ammo
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #48
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by detnight View Post
BB's and pellets are still cheap and can be found anywhere that sells ammo
Airsoft bb's are also readily available
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #49
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I assumed 9mm, .40 and .223 would be hard to find, but within a few minutes I found boxes of 9mm online? Now I don't know if they are a good deal or not.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #50
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no one wants their taxes to go up...sooo....we work with the little bit of $$ the local govt designates, and make up the diff with narc seizures
I would gladly pay more tax if the tax was allocated ONLY for Law Enforcement ammo and training.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #51
ssmith29440 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
ssmith29440's Tacoma Gallery
Many local law enforcement agencies have had to drastically cut back on firearms training simply due to the cost and supply.
Those of you who shoot often should have seen this coming back in early Dec. last year. That was the time to stock up. Im by no way a newbe. Was LEO until accident made me disabled. I still shoot but not near as much as before. Its going to be a while before things get back to normal provided some idiot doesnt pull another stunt with a semi auto rifle. If so it will be a long time before ammo is readily available. This whole ordeal sucks !!!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #52
aliamber is on a distinguished road
aliamber's Tacoma Gallery
ammo

Probably because all ammo is being bought up by Home Land Security.
2.1 Billion rounds and another order just placed.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #53
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
Seriously, This is way out of control. I get to go pick up my Sig Sauer 1911-22 today, and then bring it home and stare at it. Why wouldn't I clean it, then go shoot it, you ask. Because I can't find a dang blang box of 22lr anywhere. Fucking sad. 22lr, seriously guys..........Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I can go try out the new plinker.
You snooze you lose . Everybody knows the ammo issues and its been know for years now . Case your own ammo .
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #54
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wouldn't a government agency just be able to get a standing order filled without having to buy from retailers ?
The **** at The DHS are setting orders directly with ammunition mfgr's, and they are Tier 1 for order filling.

They are maxing out CCI and ATK (federal brands)

imports are bought up at the source.

So yeah, its bad timing for one, but its mostly caused by the fuck knuckles who work for the DHS. I damn near almost want to raid one of their facilities.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #55
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Bass Pro near me had a decent selection, better than I've found at other stores around. I picked up a few boxes of various shells for target shooting and any potential hunting trips. They were sold out of .22lr and many others. I've also never seen their gun cases so empty, they didn't have much left in stock.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #56
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
e
Quote your source for such a claim.
Its been in the headlines for awhile now. My understanding is the military and gov't agencies get dibs on ammo from suppliers and then it gets shifted down to civilian consumers.
http://www.businessinsider.com/dhs-f...-rounds-2013-1
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rtage/1919321/
I know its Alex Jones, BUT this article has enough links to hard facts its bearable to read this article.
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchase...of-ammunition/

This has been making the rounds on my FB newsfeed for awhile now. Not sure on the accuracy or legitimacy, however. Don't particularly feel like doing that bit of research right now. Already procrastinated on my hw enough for one day haha.
http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...earms-Industry
Quote:
REPORT FROM GUNS & AMMO:

S&W: Running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can’t get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by lack of bolt carrier’s.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can’t get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/over 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL: Behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS: ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra’s for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you posted...

Related commentary from Bob Owens:
They didn’t know when they’d be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers are running full-bore, but can’t come close to keeping up with market demand. It isn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that are sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and Enfield .303s are gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seemed to have 10-20—are gone. So is their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it. Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years is gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #57
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i disagree to a point

the suppliers are TRYING, but there are a ton of people out there who dont shoot regularly who are just stock piling or reselling at a higher price making it more difficult for those of us who actually shoot on a regular basis to get the ammo we need to maintain a training regimen
This!

People also buying certain mags from their "suppliers" and reselling for a hugely over exaggerated price.

Those who don't shoot need to sell their ammo to those who do. And if you don't need to buy mags, then don't! I've heard people state, Yea I bought some mags cuz I thought I might own an AR someday...buy the damn AR first then buy mags...
Old 02-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #58
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and remember that political commentary is not allowed here and will get threads shut down
Old 02-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #59
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this on Facebook...

If I gotta pay for contraception -- Then they gotta pay for my ammo
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #60
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting for the "Lets see your ammo" thread...