Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

A special Thank You to all the ammo hoarders out there

Old 02-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
A special Thank You to all the ammo hoarders out there

Seriously, This is way out of control. I get to go pick up my Sig Sauer 1911-22 today, and then bring it home and stare at it. Why wouldn't I clean it, then go shoot it, you ask. Because I can't find a dang blang box of 22lr anywhere. Fucking sad. 22lr, seriously guys..........Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I can go try out the new plinker.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
I can't imagine how long its gonna take for the manufacturers to.catch up, along with refilling the supply chain.

And if you want 556 or an AR............
Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
Seriously, This is way out of control. I get to go pick up my Sig Sauer 1911-22 today, and then bring it home and stare at it. Why wouldn't I clean it, then go shoot it, you ask. Because I can't find a dang blang box of 22lr anywhere. Fucking sad. 22lr, seriously guys..........Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I can go try out the new plinker.
try and find 223s in new jersey good luck
Old 02-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
the local gun shop here had 56,000 rounds of 22 about 2 weeks ago, sold out in two days.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a thread on here with a guy selling a lot of 22lr right now.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...-thread-8.html

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...480723&page=65

Check out these threads. I was watching them and found some through Cabela's. Even if someone posts they are out of stock, try anyways, they are constantly getting stock in.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #7
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
You should be used to it by now ever time there is a hint of some kind of ban any kind of ban every one goes nuts.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #8
Dantwenty2 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Dantwenty2's Tacoma Gallery
You're welcome!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
My understanding is Homeland Security is buying up huge lots of ammo, like they need more.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure2Comply View Post
My understanding is Homeland Security is buying up huge lots of ammo, like they need more.
e
Quote your source for such a claim.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
e
Quote your source for such a claim.
i've heard that too
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i've heard that too
Wouldn't a government agency just be able to get a standing order filled without having to buy from retailers ?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Just a heads up... our local Walmarts are limiting ALL ammo purchases to 3 boxes per customer, per day. Obviously this is in Tampa but I was actually able to get 3 boxes of 223 the other day. that has not happened in months!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wouldn't a government agency just be able to get a standing order filled without having to buy from retailers ?
yes

the problem is that between the hoarding and the alleged HUGE order...the production companies involved cannot manufacture enough to keep up with the demand currently
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
yes

the problem is that between the hoarding and the alleged HUGE order...the production companies involved cannot manufacture enough to keep up with the demand currently
ah , gotcha
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtaco View Post
I'm in the same boat, I can't find anything around here either. I bought a .22 plinker and have only been able to take it shooting once.

I saw the threads with the guy selling .22lr but shipping into MA is a PITA. None of the commercial online stores will ship to MA for some reason.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #17
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
After the Colorado theater shooting I could see the handwriting on the wall. Purchased several weapons that might make it to the restricted/banned list and stockpiled 2500 rounds in each caliber for every weapon I had. it wasn't difficult to predict what was going to happen........I don't need any ammo, but if I purchase any now it's just frosting.

Sometimes after the horse is out of the barn it's too late to close the door.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #18
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you break down the law enforcement agencies that fall under the Homeland Security umbrella it's not that big of a purchase. A consolidated group purchase once from a supplier saves money over several smaller orders.

This is just another "the sky is falling" un-fact that is being spread on the internet
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #19
Upstate NY is on a distinguished road
Upstate NY's Tacoma Gallery
Don't "hate on" the buyers... "hate on" the suppliers.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate NY View Post
Don't "hate on" the buyers... "hate on" the suppliers.
i disagree to a point

the suppliers are TRYING, but there are a ton of people out there who dont shoot regularly who are just stock piling or reselling at a higher price making it more difficult for those of us who actually shoot on a regular basis to get the ammo we need to maintain a training regimen