Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Arrow building

Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow building

So I've starting making some arrows from scratch.

Like scratch scratch.

Currently sanding and lacquering my 70-75 cedars right now. Fletching and nocking to come. As well as pictures. Might as well chronicle this.

Anyone else out there done the same or thinking of attempting it?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for the fuck up.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I do my own.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zwickey! ^ Nice. Very good looking arrows.

Sanding them.

Hand sanding.

In progress. 70-75 POC. (I might have lied in the OP)

Water based lacquer.

Sandi not entirely impressed with this process seeing as it involves no treats.
Attached Thumbnails
Arrow building-img_3227.jpg   Arrow building-img_3228.jpg   Arrow building-img_3233.jpg   Arrow building-img_3235.jpg   Arrow building-img_3226.jpg  

Old 02-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Honestly, this year I'm going with alum.
Here is one from an older set I did. Fun if you've got the time. Can't wait to see yours when they are finished!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
badass!!

i buy my arrows. shooting well is enough of a challenge for me.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Kewl. Subbed
Old 02-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I used to, but it is so difficult to get straight blanks and so time consuming I use carbon "traditional look" from 3 rivers now. They sure shoot sweet. Got a nice bear with them last year.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! one of my friends builds some of the most beautiful arrows. it really is an art!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #10

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to see some arrow building skills, check out this site I belong to:

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw...ory=88#3366824
Old 05-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Resident Jackass

Finally found time to sit down and finish this.

Also, getting molten Ferr-L-Tite on your fingers...hurts. A lot.

Sorry for the crappy picture. I'll take a better one later.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
I make my own. I often use dowell rods as shafts since I'm so good at grazing the spine of my target and sending the arrow into a rock. Zwickey's are my primary broadheads, but have a few flint ones that my uncle made
Old 05-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
amazing!!

how do they fly?
Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #15
Resident Jackass

Haven't tried them yet. Going to take them out this weekend. I got bunny busters on the other six and a sawdust target I'm going to pummel.

See how the 65# Super Kodiak does with them.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #16
Resident Jackass

They work well.

Shot one from my Super Kodiak and it hit a tree and shattered in half.

Spent the rest of the day using my buddies 45# Super Grizzly instead.

Held up great. Used the bunny busters and a sawdust target.