Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Looking for a good 3-9x scope need suggestions

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Looking for a good 3-9x scope need suggestions

So I'm in the hunt for a good 3-9x scope to sit ok my ar15. My price range is 200ish not looking to go over 250. I've been doing more hog hunting lately and my eotech clone isn't cutting it at anything over 75 yards so I'm gonna be selling it and looking to pick up a good replacement.

Let me know what you have and pros and cons of each. As always links to the item is appreciated or let me know if you are selling one as well.

Thanks TW
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
why 3-9? if i had an AR for hogs..i would go with that Leupold 1-4 with the pigman reticles. about $250 i think.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
i have a leupold 3-9X40 and love it. Had it on my 7mm and its gonna get put on my AR.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
why 3-9? if i had an AR for hogs..i would go with that Leupold 1-4 with the pigman reticles. about $250 i think.
Haven't thought of a 1-4x you have any personal experience with them? I'm shooting anywhere from 10-175 yards
Old 02-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i went coyote hunting with an AR..it had a 1-4 on it. not my rifle, but a buddies. target aquisitions was immediate. we were shooting running dogs.

it was amazing. 4 power is pretty good for the further shots. check it out.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
i have a leupold 3-9X40 and love it. Had it on my 7mm and its gonna get put on my AR.
X2 on the Leupold. I've got one on my hunting rifle, great quality.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Space Command
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Nikon!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
2011 TRD Sport 4x4
Junebug55210 will become famous soon enoughJunebug55210 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kyle
Junebug55210's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Nikon! Not too bad on price either.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
we put a nikon pro staff 3-9x40 on my 30-30 and it hold zero, and gathers light very well (important if you want to shoot in the evening, or in low light conditions)
dad put a nikon monarch 3-9x40 on his 270, and i can't tell the difference between it and my pro staff.
we got both at bass pro on sale for 175 (i think)
Old 02-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #10
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Nikon is a good scope for the money.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Interested too. Subbed.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
3-9x50 leupold on my mossberg 270. awesome scope for sure.

have an old 3-9x40 simmons i'll be adding to my mossberg 715t
Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
You pick up some glass yet Tony?
I'm also looking. I have a Bison Armory 6.8spc 18"spr ordered that I'm planning on whitetail, target shooting and maybe yotes. Out to 200 yds, possibly 300.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my 3x9x 50 Nikon.. great visibility right before sunrise and sunset...
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for the Nikon. I am a big fan of their optics. I have a range finder, bino's and a 3-9x40 on my ML. For the money, they are great optics. My brother has a Leupold and my dad has a Ziess on their high powered rifles, which are definitely superior, but are also significantly more expensive
Old 03-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
Twat did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
You pick up some glass yet Tony?
I'm also looking. I have a Bison Armory 6.8spc 18"spr ordered that I'm planning on whitetail, target shooting and maybe yotes. Out to 200 yds, possibly 300.
No not yet, still researching. Actually looking at some 1-4x scopes as well. Decisions decisions....
Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #17
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
If you add $100 to your budget, your quality options increase exponentially.
This Weaver tactical is great for ARs. It's a Mil-Mil scope and has good glass for the price range.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/174...-reticle-matte

If your budget is absolute, a fixed 4x gives you awesome glass and light transfer for the price. This one is only $150. 4x is plenty of magnification to drop pigs cleanly out to 150yds+.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/174...-reticle-matte
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Twat did you say?

Your links are to the same scope.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Your links are to the same scope.
Sorry, this is the 3-10x Tactical.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/598...-reticle-matte
Old 03-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #20
Twat did you say?

Me likey Mikey! Thanks for the link

Rep +1