Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

MAGPUL Leaving CO?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #21
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I'll be in Vegas next week and I'm hoping I can set up a couple interviews while I'm there.
Vegas and Clark county are a disgrace to our state. Best of luck with the job hunt though, we'd be glad to have ya at any rate.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Vegas and Clark county are a disgrace to our state. Best of luck with the job hunt though, we'd be glad to have ya at any rate.
While I tend to agree with this statement we know some people who live in the immediate area and we enjoy visiting. Not sure how much we would enjoy living there and NV isn't at the top of our list but an option. Do they still require you to test and CCW permit with each individual firearm you might carry? That alone would be a deal breaker for me.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
While I tend to agree with this statement we know some people who live in the immediate area and we enjoy visiting. Not sure how much we would enjoy living there and NV isn't at the top of our list but an option. Do they still require you to test and CCW permit with each individual firearm you might carry? That alone would be a deal breaker for me.
Arizona doesn't
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #24
sprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sprocketdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
So Colorado is in the process of becoming one of the most restrictive gun states and MAGPUL's HQ is in the state as well. They are threatening to relocate if these laws pass. That's 700 jobs and millions in revenue.

Strange times.
So they legalize pot but are now pulling this? Am I missing something?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #25
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma View Post
Arizona doesn't
I'm well aware. I've been there several times and have family there too. That is near the top of our list but the immigration problem is a concern. The freedom the residents enjoy is nice though. Constitutional carry is just the way it should be. No reason anyone should have to prove anything to exercise a god given right.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #26
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
if this draconian mag ban gets signed into law, magpul will leave CO, taking a lot of jobs and a hell of a lot of "tax revenue" w/ them... ...they will move because they know if they don't, they will be shunned/boycotted by the 2A/firearms market...
Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #27
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
The senate is 20-15 dems. 18 needed to pass, 2 dems are historically pro guns. It could be close. Either way I've been in co since August, they do some strange things here. I do like it though.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #28
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Negative, just qualify with any revolver and any semi-auto.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #30

They're trying to get it to qualify with anything and carry anything.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #31
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
I hope they move to Virginia
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #32
GreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the rough
Army:
Name: Mike
GreatBasinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like max said, one semi, one revolver. We also have open carry.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #34
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you meant to say tough.. no, it won't. The Senate is Democratically controlled and the vote won't be as close as it was in the House. After that is the governor signing it into law and our governor (Hickenlooper) has supported these bills since day 1 and said if they cross his desk he will sign them into law. We're still fighting the good fight but make no mistake or best chance of getting this BS squashed was in Committee a week ago. It passed 34-31 and it will only get worse moving forward. A lot of the (D) reps think Magpul is bluffing about taking their $85mil per year to another state and couldn't understand why since they will be granted exemptions. They don't get that this is about so much more than the 'incremental' measures they're taking to make us all safer. I too am planning to move and my wife and I visited Texas in May and liked it other than the heat and humidity. We have also considered moving back to Nebraska where we're both from. Just a question on where I can find work since she can find work just about anywhere with what she does. Not real sure where we will end up right now but it's sad that I'm being forced to leave the state that I love.
Weird. We are both in very similar situations. My wife and I are also looking at possibly moving to Texas, and she can find work their no problem while I will have to hunt. I love Colorado but we are literally being overrun here.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #35
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
Weird. We are both in very similar situations. My wife and I are also looking at possibly moving to Texas, and she can find work their no problem while I will have to hunt. I love Colorado but we are literally being overrun here.
Yep. Sucks man. You been to TX?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #36

Quote:
Wait, only one of each? I don't care to open carry for various reasons.
Qualify with any semi carry any semi, qualify with any revolver carry any revolver. Normally a 25 NICS fee, waived and waive brady with latest ccw.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #37
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Qualify with any semi carry any semi, qualify with any revolver carry any revolver. Normally a 25 NICS fee, waived and waive brady with latest ccw.
That's what I'm saying. Say I sometimes carry a Glock 17, Glock 19 and an LCP or LC9. Or what if I own two Glock 26's and can carry either one at any time? Goes does that work? Last I checked years ago you had to qualify for each model and the serial number was even on the qualification so you couldn't even carry two different guns of the same model. Please explain the details behind this more. My wife and I currently have CCW permits for CO, FL & UT and none of them have any designation for what you carry. Just needs to be a handgun. My common carry is a G19 and an LCP in the front pocket for BUG. Based on the laws of the past this would be a HUGE PITA in NV.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #38
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meachamgw View Post
Politics, politics, politics. Just like Washington they would piss into the wind if it was popular. It's a free country so if MagPul wants to relocate more power to them. They don't give a $hit about Colorado or anyother State they set shop up in as long as they meet or beat the bottom line. The outcome won't change my gun ownership, use or carry.
what has magpul done wrong?... they, like us, ...didn't ask for this fight... if the draconian BS gets signed into law, they will stand on principle and move to a free state, and they will not sell products to CO LEO...
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #39
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meachamgw View Post
Politics, politics, politics. Just like Washington they would piss into the wind if it was popular. It's a free country so if MagPul wants to relocate more power to them. They don't give a $hit about Colorado or anyother State they set shop up in as long as they meet or beat the bottom line. The outcome won't change my gun ownership, use or carry.
This statement is ignorant and proves you know nothing of the people of Magpul or the reasoning for their statements. If you can't support the manufacturers willing to lose tons of money trying to support you then just move along. If what you say is true then why are they planning to leave if the laws pass? After all, none of them would affect Magpul's business in any way. People like you are exactly why our freedoms are being stripped because you're too busy bashing your own kind rather than uniting for a cause.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #40
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. Sucks man. You been to TX?
Yeah, go there at least once a year to visit the in-laws. Dallas area; it's nice. Summers are rough though.