Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

MAGPUL Leaving CO?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #42
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meachamgw View Post
I'm glad you like Colorado and appreciate not only the freedom the State supports but also the freedom of living in the USA. Why would Magpul say even if the law is amended to allow them to produce and sell to others they could not stay here because it would betray their local Colorado base? If that is not following the basic principles of business what is? Given what other States are doing passing even more restrictive (10 round max clip) Magpul and the NRA should see 15 round clips as a win - certainly it is better than 10. The Founding Fathers of this Country never thought gun accessories (clip capacity) would be equated to the right to bear arms. I hope your employment does not take you from the state - if you made the wage of Magpul's CEO, COO, or CFO it would not matter.
There's SO much wrong with this statement that I'm not even going to address any of it. Your statements & choice of words indicate you don't support the 2nd amendment. Why are you in this subforum?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #43
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Careful everyone - this thread hasn't taken a turn for the worse yet, but it's veering in that direction in terms of what is and isn't allowed on TW as far as political discussion is concerned.

Keep it civil and non-accusational and as "on topic" as you can and avoid the finger pointing so no one has to pull out the "GTFO" post, otherwise it'll be locked. If you think someone might get butthurt with you comment, don't post it.

Carry on
Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #44
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks, but look where I live....

They are making a good move, why help a state that doesn't fully support you?

Noveske and Oly Arms also took a stand against NY which makes me hopeful that more companies will follow suit.

Makes me wonder. You leave state A and go to state B but then B changes on you and you go to state C, so on and so forth. What happens when you have nowhere to go?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #45
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketdog View Post
So they legalize pot but are now pulling this? Am I missing something?
Hippies, and lots of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
Weird. We are both in very similar situations. My wife and I are also looking at possibly moving to Texas, and she can find work their no problem while I will have to hunt. I love Colorado but we are literally being overrun here.
Im doing the same thing. Currently interviewing for positions in the San Antonio area. I'm actually looking forward to getting out of this state.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #46
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
Yeah, go there at least once a year to visit the in-laws. Dallas area; it's nice. Summers are rough though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Yeah, that's my concern too. I'm not much of a warm weather fella.
Amarillo is less hot and humid and has a good economy right now. I grew up there and go see my parents all the time. West Texas is booming right now with oil field work. If move out here and apply for a job you'll get it, but both places take some getting use to. Good luck with y'all's search and we would live to have y'all.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #47
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post

Makes me wonder. You leave state A and go to state B but then B changes on you and you go to state C, so on and so forth. What happens when you have nowhere to go?

Russia! You can have any thing in Russia you want if you have the $$. Look up the AA12 shotgun. I'd link a video of it if I could. Im sure some one can help me out with that.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #48
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
There's a couple things at play here. First, we live in a Republic. States should be ALLOWED to create laws on MOST things as they see fit. That is to say as most of the residents of said state agree with. (for now we'll shelf the conversation about infringing on actual Constitutionally protected rights) The thought here is that those who don't agree with these laws can either attempt to get support for their side, fight them in court or simply locate to another state that aligns more with their own political beliefs. If a state makes a much such as Colorado does you will get a small percentage of people who opt to relocate to another state that more supports their beliefs. As this happens this will strengthen the support for those values in that new state. If (read: when) Colorado passes these laws you will get a natural exodus of those who are opposed and are able to move as well as a swell in population of those who are moving from states that aren't like Colorado. This will help to balance the states who are opposed in laws and the Republic functions exactly the way it was intended.

Where we get into trouble is when people think this is a Democracy and our Federal government has more authoritative power over the states and decides EVERYTHING for the states. This becomes problematic when the laws become overbearing because then people are left with nowhere to go rather than moving out of the country if things get bad enough. The Federal government was given the power to return power to the people that a state strips that infringes on a constitutionally protected right. Sort of like this deal in Colorado right now as an example. The problem is that the Federal Gov't has been abusing this power for long enough now that things are out of hand and most Americans don't even realize it.

In short, I love Colorado but if it comes to the point that I feel my safety or well being is threatened I will find a new state to call home and learn to love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
Amarillo is less hot and humid and has a good economy right now. I grew up there and go see my parents all the time. West Texas is booming right now with oil field work. If move out here and apply for a job you'll get it, but both places take some getting use to. Good luck with y'all's search and we would live to have y'all.
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #49
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
That's what I'm saying. Say I sometimes carry a Glock 17, Glock 19 and an LCP or LC9. Or what if I own two Glock 26's and can carry either one at any time? Goes does that work? Last I checked years ago you had to qualify for each model and the serial number was even on the qualification so you couldn't even carry two different guns of the same model. Please explain the details behind this more. My wife and I currently have CCW permits for CO, FL & UT and none of them have any designation for what you carry. Just needs to be a handgun. My common carry is a G19 and an LCP in the front pocket for BUG. Based on the laws of the past this would be a HUGE PITA in NV.
With the most current CCW you could qualify with a hi-point and carry any semi auto, in fact I think you could qualify with a Draco or something and carry any semi auto. To carry a revolver, any revolver, you must then separately qualify with a revolver, any revolver.

No models needed.

With a current CCW too, this only applies to CCWs past a certain date, you're exempt from Brady and no longer have to pay the 25$ Nevada charges to use the NICS. So there's that too.

They're trying to change to qualify with any semi or any revolver carry anything, one or the other, no need to qualify with both. We'll see though.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #50
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
With the most current CCW you could qualify with a hi-point and carry any semi auto, in fact I think you could qualify with a Draco or something and carry any semi auto. To carry a revolver, any revolver, you must then separately qualify with a revolver, any revolver.

No models needed.

With a current CCW too, this only applies to CCWs past a certain date, you're exempt from Brady and no longer have to pay the 25$ Nevada charges to use the NICS. So there's that too.

They're trying to change to qualify with any semi or any revolver carry anything, one or the other, no need to qualify with both. We'll see though.
Ok, that makes more sense and I'm fine with that. I don't use wheel guns so qualifying with a Glock will cover all my bases. Good to know.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #51
empty hull is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
empty hull's Tacoma Gallery
Do ya'll really think that limiting mags to 10 rds will help with the violence in America? More crimes are committed using pistols than "assault" rifles. Obama is right about needing to stop crime but he and his associates are going about it the wrong way. To stop crime you have to stop criminals and the mentally unstable from access to ANY weapon. Magpul and other companies involved in shooting sports and LE are now feeling the brunt of these "laws" that are suppose to protect us. I hope and pray that common sense will prevail in these matters. Sorry for the vent, can someone pass me another piece of apple pie? Lol Tim
Old 02-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #52
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meachamgw View Post
I'm glad you like Colorado and appreciate not only the freedom the State supports but also the freedom of living in the USA. Why would Magpul say even if the law is amended to allow them to produce and sell to others they could not stay here because it would betray their local Colorado base? If that is not following the basic principles of business what is? Given what other States are doing passing even more restrictive (10 round max clip) Magpul and the NRA should see 15 round clips as a win - certainly it is better than 10. The Founding Fathers of this Country never thought gun accessories (clip capacity) would be equated to the right to bear arms. I hope your employment does not take you from the state - if you made the wage of Magpul's CEO, COO, or CFO it would not matter.
...the "state" is the one that "poisoned the well", ...magpul is not wanted there, and they made that clear (they make 30 rnd "evil" magazines "devices of death" afterall ), ... standing on principle means they will not be a sellout (staying even if getting a "sweatheart deal"), ...and they will move to a free state where they are wanted... furthermore, they should not sell to CO LEO, ...because in the spirit of the 2A, the police state shall not have superior rights to the people...

magpul will leave, ...or they will face a boycott from the rest of us...
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #53
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Utah would welcome them we scored a 0 on the brady campaigns list.

Leading the “worst” list (according to Brady) are three states that might be considered the “best” states for gun owners. All three scored a ZERO on the Brady checklist. Getting a zero is probably like scoring 100 in the eyes of a firearms fan. Meet the “zeros”:
•Arizona
•Alaska
•Utah
Old 02-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #54
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post

Leading the “worst” list (according to Brady) are three states that might be considered the “best” states for gun owners. All three scored a ZERO on the Brady checklist. Getting a zero is probably like scoring 100 in the eyes of a firearms fan. Meet the “zeros”:
•Arizona
•Alaska
•Utah
now there's a case where we could justify giving an award for getting a zero!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #55
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
now there's a case where we could justify giving an award for getting a zero!
I agree
Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #56
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

•Arizona
•Alaska
•Utah
St. George, Ut seems nice. Gun friendly state. Close to great golf (Mesquite, Vegas). Doubt the wife would ever go for it though.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #57
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
They won't be going to Oregon now. They are trying to pass one of the worst bans in the nation as well. Its VERY similar to MO's laws...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #58
This whole ban idea is getting out if hand. Our RIGHTS as American gun owners are in the process of being violated! We are headed in the wrong direction. When I was young, this great nation was concerned about the threat of nuclear war, who could have imagined that the real threat would come from our own GOVERNMENT! Wait! I stand corrected, our FOREFATHERS did!!!!! Tim
Old 02-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #59
Quote:

•Arizona
•Alaska
•Utah
I am curious how Louisiana placed on that list? Tim
Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #60
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up 2 Magpul 30 round magazines for my AR-15 today. I figure that if this company is fighting with all they have against the State of Colorado to not have his bill passed, I want to support them in their efforts. I am also glad to see them say they will leave if the bill goes through too. I will also be leaving Colorado as well. I already left one Commie state because of their restrictive firearms laws. I won't be afraid to make it two! I will also cash out my PERA, pay off all of my bills and find the same line of work in another state that is more firearm friendly.