Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

MAGPUL Leaving CO?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
MAGPUL Leaving CO?

So Colorado is in the process of becoming one of the most restrictive gun states and MAGPUL's HQ is in the state as well. They are threatening to relocate if these laws pass. That's 700 jobs and millions in revenue.

Strange times.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't surprise me

Man, that's sad to hear but not surprising at all. Here in TX they are trying to pass the open carry law and I sure hope it does.

Must....resist....soapbox........
Old 02-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Been keeping an eye on their facebook page about this...seems to me they're not bluffing about jumping ship at any legislation change. Good for them if you ask me.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen other states offering them deals and tax breaks if they move to there state.
I think one of the states was Oregon.

I hope Remington does the same thing in NewYork.

Just a link to what this thread is about.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...pmags-anymore/
Old 02-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Magpul did say that they would leave CO if those laws passed I got a buddy that works for them and he said everybody is worried if they do leave colorado my buddy says a lot of peeps will lose their jobs so sad I hate all this gun control crap all it does is hurt law abiding citizens.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
Magpul did say that they would leave CO if those laws passed I got a buddy that works for them and he said everybody is worried if they do leave colorado my buddy says a lot of peeps will lose their jobs so sad I hate all this gun control crap all it does is hurt law abiding citizens.
Not only law abiding citizens, but those who work in the industry as well..
Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Not only law abiding citizens, but those who work in the industry as well..
That as well so sad.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Aparantly the bill passed. UFB! Well I feel safer already.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Aparantly the bill passed. UFB! Well I feel safer already.
It passed the house. Still has to pass the Senate; which it will though. Colorado is being overrun by ex Californians.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
over-worked & under-paid
Black Stallion is on a distinguished road
Navy: AMS-2, 114th Fighter Squadron
Name: Paul
Black Stallion's Tacoma Gallery
Bye, bye Magpul. Welcome to Texas! Up yours Colorado!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrSumR View Post
It passed the house. Still has to pass the Senate; which it will though. Colorado is being overrun by ex Californians.
If you meant to say tough.. no, it won't. The Senate is Democratically controlled and the vote won't be as close as it was in the House. After that is the governor signing it into law and our governor (Hickenlooper) has supported these bills since day 1 and said if they cross his desk he will sign them into law. We're still fighting the good fight but make no mistake or best chance of getting this BS squashed was in Committee a week ago. It passed 34-31 and it will only get worse moving forward. A lot of the (D) reps think Magpul is bluffing about taking their $85mil per year to another state and couldn't understand why since they will be granted exemptions. They don't get that this is about so much more than the 'incremental' measures they're taking to make us all safer. I too am planning to move and my wife and I visited Texas in May and liked it other than the heat and humidity. We have also considered moving back to Nebraska where we're both from. Just a question on where I can find work since she can find work just about anywhere with what she does. Not real sure where we will end up right now but it's sad that I'm being forced to leave the state that I love.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
If you meant to say tough.. no, it won't. The Senate is Democratically controlled and the vote won't be as close as it was in the House. After that is the governor signing it into law and our governor (Hickenlooper) has supported these bills since day 1 and said if they cross his desk he will sign them into law. We're still fighting the good fight but make no mistake or best chance of getting this BS squashed was in Committee a week ago. It passed 34-31 and it will only get worse moving forward. A lot of the (D) reps think Magpul is bluffing about taking their $85mil per year to another state and couldn't understand why since they will be granted exemptions. They don't get that this is about so much more than the 'incremental' measures they're taking to make us all safer. I too am planning to move and my wife and I visited Texas in May and liked it other than the heat and humidity. We have also considered moving back to Nebraska where we're both from. Just a question on where I can find work since she can find work just about anywhere with what she does. Not real sure where we will end up right now but it's sad that I'm being forced to leave the state that I love.
We'd love to have you back in The Good Life
Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Magpul has a few options for a move. KS is in the process of applying a law to stop feds from coming in and enforcing federal gun control measures. Wyoming would be another good state. NE and TX would be great too. All of these are still in a central location for shipping product. I wonder though, if Magpul does leave the state, would they boycott sales to NY, CO and MO?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Nevada is a good state for business, for now...

Best of luck to you boys in Colorado.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
We'd love to have you back in The Good Life
I come back regularly man. Just had to come back for my great grandpa's funeral (dude made it to 102... what a life!) and have interviewed a couple of times for an IT position with a company out of Scottsbluff (where my wife and I are from originally) that also has a location in your city. I've got a lead on a couple similar IT jobs if this one doesn't pan out so we may be moving sooner than later. The wife is a dental assistant so she can find work anywhere. I just wish we could stay where we are.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
They could just pack up and come across the border to Utah...
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
strip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the roughstrip is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bill
strip's Tacoma Gallery
Come to Arkansas!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Magpul went up in my book when they said they would move taking their 85 million with them. Screw Colorado