Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

what is the most money you would spend on a knife?

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #21
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Back in my working days if I carried a nice $100.00 knife I would allways lose it, crawling in tight places or in ditches.
Bought a cheepo $20.00 one and had it for years!!!!

Quality costs more at first but pays in the long term.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #22
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my pocket knife for like 60 bucks 4 years ago... still in awesome shape and i use it all the time. sometimes you get what you pay for, knives are one of those things.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #24
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
$30-50, I'm pretty rough on my blades so I don't spend a lot of money on them
X2
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #25
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Many consider S30V the best knife steel ever made. Buck knife said: "Possibly the best steel for knife making" You can pick one for under $200.00
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Back in my working days if I carried a nice $100.00 knife I would allways lose it, crawling in tight places or in ditches.
Bought a cheepo $20.00 one and had it for years!!!!

Quality costs more at first but pays in the long term.
LOL!

Same here.

I'd spend $50-$150 on an awesome titanium or stainless dive knife and lose it after 2 or 3 dives.

I made one by cutting down a steak knife... and made 3 more since I figured I'd lose it.

I ended up making 3 more sheaths and gave them to friends.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #27
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i want a damascus blade. one hammered out by a smitty.

gonna cost me big. what is your most expensive knife?
This guy lives in the same group of islands as me , awesome artist

http://cosmoknives.com/
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #28
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My benchmade ran me 129 but I would be willing to spend more when the funds allow
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #29
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbibi View Post
Many consider S30V the best knife steel ever made. Buck knife said: "Possibly the best steel for knife making" You can pick one for under $200.00
i have a kershaw in s30v that i was really hard on. its a much different shape than it was originally due to some arcing and other missfortunes but sharpens up nicely.

i replaced it with my benchmade in d2 after the assist broke and am still trying to decide which steel i prefer
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #30
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
$350 on a ZT561. totally worth it since I waited a year for it and I got it the day it came out
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #31
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i want a damascus blade. one hammered out by a smitty.

gonna cost me big. what is your most expensive knife?

there is a place near me that has a class where you can beat out your own damascus blade for much less than buying your own if i remember correctly. there has got to be something like that near you
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #32
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
there is a place near me that has a class where you can beat out your own damascus blade for much less than buying your own if i remember correctly. there has got to be something like that near you
That would be awesome to do. I would totally do it if there was something like that near me.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #33
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
that would be bad ass.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #34
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
check out Randall Made knives .. now thats a great knife..
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #35
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goflight2 View Post
I am a Chris Reeve fan.
My Large Sebenza Double Lug
Attachment 196812

Can't remember exact price, but under $400 each.
That sebenza gives me wood. I have been wanting one for years
Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #36
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a blade blank and a wood blank and try your hand at making one like me...

I'll post pics when I can.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #37
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
How many of you guys use a $200 + knife?

I got my Gerber LMF II for $70 the most expensive knife I own and I as bad as this sounds don't want to use it. I am not afraid to use it I really like it. I just don't want to mar it all up. And I have not found my self in a spot that I need it.

But my Gerber Diesel I use all the time. I use to carry it every day. But I got a lot of looks when I would take it out at work or a legitimate reason. (work in a business environment.) So I swapped over to a good old Swiss army knife. I don't get the strange looks any more. I get people saying me "I should get one of those". Both of those knives are in the $70 ish range.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #38
fireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of lightfireboltr is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Phil
fireboltr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
That sebenza gives me wood. I have been wanting one for years
Too bad your too cheap to buy one....

I DAILY carry and use a Chris Reeve Umnumzaan, kinda actually beat the hell outta it TBH.

most expensive knives right now would have to be my Chris Reeve sebies large and small with custom graphics, followed closely by the Bark River knives, then Zero Tolerance...

Also used to make knives, too bad all my equipment to do so is in storage now.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #39
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
I spent $400 on a Benchmade Infidel. Coolest knife I've ever owned and sadly I sold it. :'(
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #40
One day at a time
Cerulean is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
Cerulean's Tacoma Gallery
a Himalayan Imports Sirupati for $120

this is my go to camping knife, its hard to beat a differentially heat treated truck leaf spring